• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Liverpool 4-2 Arsenal-Today,7:45, So close yet so far.

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
People need to realize how incredibly thin the line between triumph and heartbreak is at this level. We were 5 minutes away from a great european night, where no doubt we would have received a media ****-fest about the incredible ability, style, quality, and mental strength by the brilliant team that has finally come of age.

Instead, we now have to hear all about liverpool's european legend and benitez's tactical mastermind. I have replayed the so called penalty a thousand times over, and no matter what team you support, there is absolutely no chance in hell that that was a penalty. Fabregas gave babel the slightest of pulls outside the area, but that doesnt matter because it was toure who was judged to have comitted an offence, and if you watch closely, babel, aware of gallas's presence just in front of him, was clearly trying to make contact with toure using his left arm before he tripped himself over. From any angle you look at it, there was absolutely no contact made by toure what so ever. It was the most stone cold dive you will ever see.

What bothers me so much is people who say 'its your fault that you did not kill the game off' or other random highlighting of faults in our game, which, as legitemate as they are, does not in any way change the fact that we would be heading into a semi final tie with chelsea right now had it not been for yet another refereeing **** up. It was not because of the kop, it was not because of beintez or gerrard or torres or reina - it was because of one wrong penalty call.

DC Gunner

Established Member
Kain said:
Rocafella said:
I don't like Eboue playing as much as the next guy, but I don't think Theo would have as great an impact if he started on Sunday as opposed to coming on. Evra is a world-class left back and I think whoever we play right side, he will have in his pocket.

I cant remember if it was Evra playing but when we drew 2-2 earlier in the season didnt someone beat him down the line to put the ball across for Cesc to pass home for our first goal, but yea i agree Evra is fantastic will be tough no matter who we play on the right.
Yes, that is the same Evra who created their goal last season @ the emirates while getting skinned for both of ours.

DC Gunner

Established Member
AnthonyG said:
alonso14 said:
sabret00the said:
hesham said:
stifle our attacks?
We scored 2 goals away at Anfield in a CL knockout stage. how many teams have done that?
there best defender was playing at right back and i suppose when we desperately needed a third and couldn't get a shot on target that was us not being stifled?
our best defender was playing at centre half
Your best defender had a whistle in his mouth. :p
Actually their best defender this season plays a second GK on the field :wink:

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
On a sidenote, i'd also like to point out that the senderos that we saw yesterday was a fresh and rested one, who was supposedly so 'on form' that people were calling for him to become a starter.

If this does not convince you that he is not good enough, then nothing ever will. People it is not about the boy being inconsistant, or being too under pressure or inexperienced or young - it is simply natural attributes that nobody can provide him no matter how much he works on it. He clearly always tries his very best but he is simply not intelligent or atheletic enough to be playing at this level. Time and time again i've seen him mark players at corners without even looking at the corner being taken. And despite all that effort on focusing on hyypia - he STILL managed to lose him !

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Kain said:
Rocafella said:
I don't like Eboue playing as much as the next guy, but I don't think Theo would have as great an impact if he started on Sunday as opposed to coming on. Evra is a world-class left back and I think whoever we play right side, he will have in his pocket.

I cant remember if it was Evra playing but when we drew 2-2 earlier in the season didnt someone beat him down the line to put the ball across for Cesc to pass home for our first goal, but yea i agree Evra is fantastic will be tough no matter who we play on the right.
The goal was created by great endeavour by Sagna. I remember Eboue being **** as usual that day.

Biggus

Established Member
DC Gunner said:
I am still @ stage 3 in the following matches:

1- WC 1990 Final
2-Mike Riley @ OT that ended the 49 match streak
3-The CL final
4-The UEFA refs sucking up to 'pool
5-Martin Taylor being allowed to keep playing.

Of course, I haven't counted Cashley, because he does not count
:lol:

One does run up quite a store of grievances over time.......That's one of the prices you have to pay for caring about something/someone.

RockyRocastle

Established Member
In my opinion we got what we deserved last night, I thought we were second best.

We were ****ing knackered ten minutes before half time, and as gutting as it was I think we would have been embarrassed by Chelsea.

I havent brought myself to watch it back yet, but caught a glimpse of the penalty and it never was in a million years. I said to my mate on Sat that it wouldnt surprise me if they get a crap pen in front of the Kop after we got nothing at AB and I turned out to be correct.

Great scenes in our end after the goals, and the Bears flag was quality. Great support again from our boys, and fair play to the scouse they made a noise.

DOUBLE-YOU

Biggus said:
DC Gunner said:
I am still @ stage 3 in the following matches:

1- WC 1990 Final
2-Mike Riley @ OT that ended the 49 match streak
3-The CL final
4-The UEFA refs sucking up to 'pool
5-Martin Taylor being allowed to keep playing.

Of course, I haven't counted Cashley, because he does not count
:lol:

One does run up quite a store of grievances over time.......That's one of the prices you have to pay for caring about something/someone.

surprised 2001 fa cup final was not there. it was the last time i felt so bad after a game of football...the following season we done the double. Premier league be warned!!!!

Shankly's mate

RockyRocastle said:
In my opinion we got what we deserved last night, I thought we were second best.

We were f****g knackered ten minutes before half time, and as gutting as it was I think we would have been embarrassed by Chelsea.

I havent brought myself to watch it back yet, but caught a glimpse of the penalty and it never was in a million years. I said to my mate on Sat that it wouldnt surprise me if they get a crap pen in front of the Kop after we got nothing at AB and I turned out to be correct.

Great scenes in our end after the goals, and the Bears flag was quality. Great support again from our boys, and fair play to the scouse they made a noise.

Said we would be. Not as loud as anticipated though, while you were dominating we were quite quiet.

DOUBLE-YOU

Have you ever wondered if we are destined to win this trophy. I look at the winners and you usually get a team that has won the trophy before. Dortmund in 1997 were the last team to win this trophy for the first time. Winners since then have been previously victors.

1996/97 Borussia Dortmund
1997/98 Real Madrid
1998/99 Manchester United ( also 1968)
1999/00 Real Madrid
2000/01 Bayern München
2001/02 Real Madrid
2002/03 Milan
2003/04 Porto (also 1987)
2004/05 Liverpool
2005/06 Barcelona (also 1992)
2006/07 Milan

Tradition is a b*tch we need to f*ck like a 2 bit whore.
Damn, even villa and forest have won this trophy.

ricky1985

Established Member
Shankly's mate said:
RockyRocastle said:

We were f****g knackered ten minutes before half time, and as gutting as it was I think we would have been embarrassed by Chelsea.

Said we would be. Not as loud as anticipated though, while you were dominating we were quite quiet.

Rocky I completely agree with you. I though we looked shattered and I knew in my heart we wouldnt beat Chelsea should we get through. Still better to have had the chance but it wasnt to be.

Shankly's mate can I ask you as a neutral what you think of William Gallas and where you see him in terms of world football. Little debate in the Gallas section.
I'd like to hear a nuetral perspective, if you'd be so kind.

awooga83

Established Member
DOUBLE-YOU said:
Have you ever wondered if we are destined to win this trophy. I look at the winners and you usually get a team that has won the trophy before. Dortmund in 1997 were the last team to win this trophy for the first time. Winners since then have been previously victors.

1996/97 Borussia Dortmund
1997/98 Real Madrid
1998/99 Manchester United ( also 1968)
1999/00 Real Madrid
2000/01 Bayern München
2001/02 Real Madrid
2002/03 Milan
2003/04 Porto (also 1987)
2004/05 Liverpool
2005/06 Barcelona (also 1992)
2006/07 Milan

Tradition is a b*tch we need to f*ck like a 2 bit whore.
Damn, even villa and forest have won this trophy.

All of them had to win it for the first time once, lets just pray Chelsea don't get there before us.

_scorpion_

Established Member
Liverpool wont get past Chelase and Untied will pooh all over Barca.

lets face it - United v Chelsea final.

might aswell stay away from football for a while.

Shankly's mate

ricky1985 said:
Shankly's mate can I ask you as a neutral what you think of William Gallas and where you see him in terms of world football. Little debate in the Gallas section.

Done.

ricky1985

Established Member
Shankly's mate said:
ricky1985 said:

Done.

Thanks Shanks.

Couldnt agree more, Imagine him and Carragher as a partnership. God that would be fearsome. It would have evreything.

Have a word with Rafa, we got a promising young Swiss defender who'd be interested in a swap deal.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
This was posted right after second half started..

Rodelero said:
Not liking the start... come on...

I'd quite like Theo at the moment, he tends to fade but we only need a moment of insane pace and enthusiasm.

You were right..

Theo's "owen" moment was the night's highlight really, only for clown like Senderos, Toure and Almunia to bottle it.

Growler

Ice Berg legend said:
Just wanted to say, Liverpool are nothing special and incredibly lucky to go through, we gifted them ways back into the game and the ref helped their cause imeasurably. Arsenal played all the football yesterday and scored two excellent goals, liverpool were outdone for most of the game at anfield and are dire to watch. Arsenal never get big decisions in decisive matches go their way whereas liverpool do regularly. Rafa tactical genius my ass, he has to be one of the flukiest managers ever in the CL. Wenger was let down by individual lapses in concentration, I feel sorry for him the most because experienced players messed up at vital moments. Then there's the incompotent refs in both legs that played big parts in the outcome. Of all teams left i least want liverpool to win because they dont deserve it with their brand of coma-inducing football. And yesterday confirmed the myth about the 'amazing' Anfield crowd, they're just like all the others and only sing when they're winning.

Senderos is a half decent defender, you dont set a record of 10 games without a goal conceded in the CL without being good. Yesterday he had a poor game. Touré hasnt been right since the ACN, he was at fault for the goal at Emirates and yesterdays penalty, him being at CB would have been the wrong move. Truth is that Sagna's absence has upset the defences balance and we're suffered since. Almunia is decent, but we really need a top-bracket keeper. Eboue must go, simple as. Diaby at least did something yesterday and could still be useful as a squad player.

Thanks to some incompotent refereeing we're once again going to witness another Chels/Pool semi, I'd rather be swimming with flesh-eating piranhas than watch that load of drivel....hopefully Chelsea will win, at lease they try to play some entertaining football now since Mourinho left.

Mate, just a quick response.

1. The penalty was the same as the one at your place in the first leg. One was given, one was not.
2. We were over you like a rash in the second half. Look at the 10 minutes prior to the walcott run.
3. I don't think you can fluke 1 win, 1 runner up and 1 semi-final (so far!) in 4 seasons. One final in 10 years, maybe.... ;)
4. Chelsea trying to play football? Who have you been watching? Its not been chelsea, thats for sure. How you could support chelsea or man u in europe ahead of liverpool is beyond me, and I am sure you are alone. Barca ahead of liverpool, understood, but man u or chelsea? don't get that one.
5. All crowds go through quiet times. We just have a lot less than others.
6. Sagna is the biggest missing piece in your team. You do need a decent keeper. Pay the money there, and get a decent keeper for the next few years. I would also recommend a centre back.
7. Walcott was awesome, and will become a player; great technique, but do think someone should have taken him out near the half way line (looks like we tried)

all in all, it was an awesome game with real adventure, and we didn't sit back for a 0-0.

I hope you wenger can pick up the lads now and move forward quickly, because you beat the wancfesters at old toiliet, and you are back in with a shout for the title.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
@Growler, I'm neither here nor there on most of your points, but I'll take issue with (1).

The difference between the two penalty shouts was obvious: the much more blatant one (ours) was not given, the highly debatable one (yours) was.

Now, if you want to find anything that is similar between the two it is this: both decisions were very poor.

Arsenal Quotes

I still have an interest in training and development, in the stages that make it possible for players first to acquire technique (between 7 and 12) and then to develop physically (between 12 and 16), then to deepen their mental resilience (between 17 and 19) and finally between 19 and 22 to acquire what is critical, like the roof of a house without which all the rest rots away: intelligence and motivation

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom