• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Liverpool v Arsenal, Sunday 4pm

MDGoonah41

Established Member
I was just reading the Liverpool forum, they think they will keep a clean sheet......when was the last time we were held without a goal? The West Ham loss at home last season?

And this was funny

We will win. Lucas Leiva is better than Fabregas, you heard it here first.

OneProudGooner

Established Member
With the squad against Slavia it could prove tough for them especially against Crouch or Kuyt as he's strong in the air too so set pieces and crosses into the box will be a big danger.
Then again Senderos couldn't handle Crouch...
Bert must start to give us some height and aerial presence the team is too short.

I want to avoid another Robo Crouch show though it was painful last season.

marco

Think you need steel in midfield.
id go gilberto in for walcott and play five across the midfield

MDGoonah41

Established Member
Preferred XI

Manny
Sagna-Toure-Gallas-Clichy
Hleb-Flamini-Cesc-Rosicky
Walcott-Adebayor

Fabianski
Diarra
Eboue
Bentner
Gilberto

I'd leave Eduardo out of the squad. Eboue on the bench and bring him on with 25 to go if we need a goal. Diarra and Gilberto if we need defensive help in the center, Bendtner is we need a striking option.

Legend#1

Established Member
Edu or Theo up top with Ade, Rosi and Hleb on wings, Flams and Cesc in the middle, and our b(l)ack four.

hesham

Established Member
Edu and Ade front for me. with Edu dropping a bit deep.

Theo done great last game, but i think he would do better coming on early in the 2nd half as an impact player.

Its probably going to be cagey early on knowing Benitez and we need to retain the ball as much as possible in the first half.

Theo can come on in the 2nd half for any of our attackers and exploit the openings.

RC8

Established Member
MDGoonah41 said:
I sense something bad happening now that RC8 or Nadz didn't start the thread. We're in flying form with them pulling the strings, and you guys got greedy :(

Better now? ;)

MDGoonah41

Established Member
RC8 said:
MDGoonah41 said:
I sense something bad happening now that RC8 or Nadz didn't start the thread. We're in flying form with them pulling the strings, and you guys got greedy :(

Better now? ;)

Better, but sadly, I don't think the footballing gods are that easily fooled :ph34r :cry

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
i want ade to play and i want a fair amount of crosses and long shots to be made as reina is actually cack at handling them.

RC8

Established Member
MDGoonah41 said:
RC8 said:
MDGoonah41 said:

Better now? ;)

Better, but sadly, I don't think the footballing gods are that easily fooled :ph34r :cry

Funnily enough when Nadz first started making the match threads we went through a run of bad results, and some idiots were making him responsible for them... But that was before I made the opening pic...

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Benitez will play Crouch ofcourse, or maby not?
I think he will choose for the Torres&Voronin partnership. if Crouch plays then we must keep the ball down and not getting any croses from the flanks against us.. if we can keep that quiet i know we will win the game Liverpool cannot compete with our footballing quality,s..

dutchMasta

Last time we allowed a lot of crosses to get in. Sagna and Clichy are two of the best fullbacks, and Clichy has improved his defending imo. Cutting out crosses will starve the strikers and hopefully cut them out, or at least Crouch.

I'd go for:
------------------Almunia-----------------
Sagna----Toure--Gallas------Clichy
Hleb----Fabregas-Flamini-Rosicky
------------Walcott--Adebayor----------
Subs: Fabianski, Diarra, Gilberto, Eduardo, Bentner

We can do it!!!

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
i really want hleb to play on the left again but the thought of eboue on RM against 'pool at anfield puts it off that instant.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
bojed said:
i really want hleb to play on the left again but the thought of eboue on RM against 'pool at anfield puts it off that instant.

Switch Rosicky with Hleb?
I know it wont happend but its a solution? :)

phenn

I think if we start with Edu (is he fit? Please say yes) then go with Walcott after an hour or so, for that half hour Walcott will destroy Pool, who already aren't the quickest defense in the country.

Beyond that I'm thinking Diaby could have some kind of role, and possibly even Diarra as well, especially if we go ahead by more than one.

ibby

Established Member
I will **** my pants if Crouch & Torres start on Sunday, but knowing Benitez he'll probably start with Kuyt & Voronin!

Gallas & Toure best fix up in this match because if they play ANYTHING close to how they did last year we would get battered.

Having said that, they are probably ****ting themselves at the prospect of facing Rosicky, Hleb & Fabregas.

I think Wenger will play a 4-5-1 & bring Walcott in as an impact sub. Starting him would be a big mistake as Carragher would eat him.

As I said earlier, Liverpool will play a deep line against us, so pace is useless at the start of the match & will only come into play during the last 30minutes when everyone is tired. Theo could be deadly then.

I just hope Crouch doesn't start.

scruzgooner

i'd go with

almumia
sagna toure gallas clichy
eboue flams cesc hleb
ade edu

fabianski (really piss jens off), diarra, gilberto, theo, rosicky

maybe drop eboue to the bench and bring hleb to the right, rozza to the left; unless mr. wenger really wants to do their heads and put rozza right and hleb left...any idea how rozza on the right would be?

kind of puts nik out in the cold, and diaby, but what are you to do? thank god we're a thin squad...:)

AFCFan4Ever

I'd go with....

Almunia
Sagna Toure Gallas Clichy
Rosicky Flamini Cesc Hleb
Adebayor Walcott

Hleb on the left is a destructive force, he has to play there no matter what IMO...same with Theo. He's on good form and I think his pure speed and quickness with give the Pool backline all kinds of fits.

Torres or not, I really think we're going to trounce them...3-1 to the Arsenal.

Rahul

I was just watching footbal focus on ESPN and Steve Mcmahn(sp?) aka Macca said that if Rafa puts up a team thats get into our faces Pool will batter us because then it will be a match of "men against boys".

Tbh i cant wait for the match now.If pool try to do that i think we are well equiped to handle it,atleast much better than last season.His comments just got me more pumped up for the match.

Come On ARSENAL!!!!!!

How many minutes left Macca?? :wink: :D :lol:

Arsenal Quotes

I've got the best goalkeeper and the best centre half. All I need are the best wingers and the best forward. It doesnt matter what the rest are like.

Herbert Chapman
Top Bottom