• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Liverpool v Arsenal, Sunday 4pm

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
HollandGooner said:
bojed said:
i really want hleb to play on the left again but the thought of eboue on RM against 'pool at anfield puts it off that instant.

Switch Rosicky with Hleb?
I know it wont happend but its a solution? :)

damn how the hell didn't i think of it?

i thought the guy is still on a wheelchair on something :eek:ops: :lol:

xcdude24

Established Member
I really think that between this game and the one at OT this will define our season. We're definitely capable of winning, we just have to clamp down. I think Rafa's boys will be out to prove something, and they won't just be looking for a draw, especially after us taking 2 wins out of 3 from them at Anfield last season.

Projected lineup:

--------------------------Almunia-------------------
-------Sagna-----Toure----Gallas----Clichy--
-----Hleb------Flamster----Cesc----Tom----
-------------------Eduardo----Adebayor-------

Subs:
Woo-kash/Lehmann
Theo
Diaby
Diarra
Bert

I think Eduardo should be able to thrive in a game like this, especially if they play tight.

RockyRocastle

Established Member
Too ****ing right. Cant stand scousers. Horrible ****s.

And we will outsing them. Again. Their support is the most pretentious I have ever come across.

Alfonso

Established Member
Legend#1 said:
Edu or Theo up top with Ade, Rosi and Hleb on wings, Flams and Cesc in the middle, and our b(l)ack four.

:lol:

I think Rosicky is going to have a big say in this match. Rafa will get Mascarano to mark Cesc and it will be a interesting and tough test for our number 4. Lets hope they have a tough game tonight. Lets hope the Turks kick the **** out of them.

Its a long time since we played well at Anfield in the league, so I want to see that change on Sunday, hopefully.

Cant wait for this game, the banter at the pub and atmosphere should be electric. Its a typical winter time Sunday 4.00pm dark outside christmas style big game.

americanarf

Established Member
phenn said:
I think if we start with Edu (is he fit? Please say yes) then go with Walcott after an hour or so, for that half hour Walcott will destroy Pool, who already aren't the quickest defense in the country.

Beyond that I'm thinking Diaby could have some kind of role, and possibly even Diarra as well, especially if we go ahead by more than one.
I also prefer to see Walcott come off the bench sometime in the second half when Adebayor has tired the already slow Carragher and Hyppia.

RockyRocastle

Established Member
Hleb in 'the hole' for this one I think. Rosicky and Eboue on the wings.

Theo isnt ready for Liverpool away yet. Off the bench to run at their slow defence will be much better.

awooga83

Established Member
Alfonso said:
:

Cant wait for this game, the banter at the pub and atmosphere should be electric. Its a typical winter time Sunday 4.00pm dark outside christmas style big game.

Spot on Alfonso, evening games under floodlights always have a special atmosphere and buzz add the chill of winter and its what the premiership is all about, can't wait for the game these are the tests people have constantly used to dismiss us these opening games so it will be good to finally get one and finish all the talk around the game and get on the pitch and play football and then we will see where we are and who is or isn't good enough this season.

-Shaun-

Starting 11:

------------------------Fabianski-------------------
-------Sagna----Toure----Gallas----Clichy----
--------------------------Diarra----------------------
-------------Hleb----Fabregas----Rosicky-----
-----------------Walcott----Adebayor-------------

Substitutions:

Almunia
Eboue
Song
Diaby
Gilbero
Eduardo

Score Prediction:

I'm going to go with 2-0 to the Arsenal.

Also....

I know it's unlikely that Fabianski and Diarra will start, but I'd like them to. Fabianski looks to be a great talent, very solid as a Goalkeeper. A chance in a big game will be a massive boost to his confidence, and it might give us an insight onto whether he is first-choice material. From what I've seen from him recently, I'd like to see him more in the Starting 11. There's Diarra as well, I'd love to see him in the Starting 11. He hasn't had a chance as yet, and he's a top-quality player, I'm glad he's at Arsenal.

The back-line is obviously obvious, they are our first-choice. Very solid. Diarra I have allready explained, and Fabregas and Hleb were world-class in the Champions League. Walcott also, and Adebayor is one great threat. Walcott though, I'd be very pleased to see him in the Starting 11.

C'mon Arsenal.

JazzG

Established Member
I got a bad bad feeling about this match, I don't feel confident at all. Bad things have happened at their stadium to us in recent years and I can almost feel they will be fired up like hell and our lot will be complacent.

MDGoonah41 said:
I sense something bad happening now that RC8 or Nadz didn't start the thread. We're in flying form with them pulling the strings, and you guys got greedy :(

We have our excuse sorted if we do lose, RTC will be held responsible if we don't do well in this match. ;)

Tony Montana

Established Member
JazzG said:
I got a bad bad feeling about this match, I don't feel confident at all. Bad things have happened at their stadium to us in recent years and I can almost feel they will be fired up like hell and our lot will be complacent.

We won't be complacent; not at Anfield in the league when we have been on top of the league for the first time since 2005.

beepos

Well, considering that Sami Hyppia is scoring own goals for fun, and they're 1-0 down to Beskitas................

AFCFan4Ever

Pool are in such horrible form right now and their confidence can't be too high...I just don't see how we don't win this game.

Hleb is going to rip them to shreds.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
The key is going to be how Rosicky and Hleb play, because as mentioned, Mascherano is going to man mark Cesc. Hleb and Rosicky have to be in peak form. If they play a 4-5-1 with Kuyt up top, they are clearly just looking for 1 point.

I really really don't want Eboue to start :(

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
Let walcott terrorise hyypia whose confidence seems shot to pieces after 2 own goals and the last thing he wants to see is a speedy agile player causing him problems coming towards him aaround the area come sunday

Let ade handle carragher who I think is a top defender but slighlty overrated by many

Gerrard is in s**t form, still giving away easy passes tonight and seems to eager to build up play

The last thing he needs is a midfield thats composed zipping balls around him

Dont be surprised if they play crouch and use the simple long ball, we'll see how we react to their gameplay and how we play our own game

All in all, I feel just like you guys fromthe vibes im picking up, cofident of getting 3 points

COYR!!!!!!!

Arsenal Quotes

When you give success to stupid people, it makes them more stupid sometimes and not more intelligent.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom