• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Liverpool v Arsenal, Sunday 4pm

alonso14

Established Member
RockyRocastle said:
You have to laugh at all those muppets on that Liverpool site that was linked on here.

Giving it the big'un about how they were going to create an hostile atmosphere and intimidate us.

Well ive been more intimidated at Disneyland than that morgue yesterday.

What an over blown, overhyped, up their own arse, media created myth Anfield is.

Their support really was f****g s**t. Embarrassingly so when you consider how they class themselves as the greatest fans the world has ever seen.

Considering how big of a game it was their 'support' was pathetic. Apart from singing along to an orchestrated song played over the tannoy I hardly heard them.

We are hardly the best fans is the world but I assure you that the support when they come to AB will be louder than that.

Our away support was decent enough. We all stood which was a big plus and is a regular occurance now outside of tinpot northern away games.
Think we over did the Liverpool hoof the ball thing. It was funny the first 2 or 3 times but got a bit s**t after that.

Great scenes when we scored, everyone seemed to surge forward to get to Cesc, bodies flying all over the place, what it is all about. Thought he had won it at the end when it left his boot aswell, and would have been well deserved.

God how lucky are we to support The Arsenal? Imagine having to watch that dire excuse for fooball week in week out!

oooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwww..............................................

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!

where to start

yes the atmosphere was **** and has been all season, what the reason is for it I dont know

as for your support...that hoof thing was funny two years ago

as for being lucky to watch the arsenal and the dig at the end

water off a ducks back....i dont know how old you are but i guess that you are of an age to know that you havnt always been this pretty and I am more than happy to support my football club all over the world......hoof or no hoof :wink:

Biggus

Established Member
Gurgen said:
I don't get this distorted view that people have of this game.

Liverpool played like it was a cup final and we still dominated for 70 of the 90 minutes. All of their chances were either long shots or set pieces,.

"Domination" is not counted on the scoresheet. Putting away your chances is.

Gurgen said:
and this can easily be explained by:
a) Manuel Almunia's inability to collect a corner.
b) Touré and Gallas' inability to challenge Crouch in the air..

Put Jens, Senderos and Gilberto in there and we win this 0-3.

Liverpool play to their strengths, we must play to ours. I don't think we should try to fight fire with fire......unless we're defending a narrow lead with 5 minutes to go.

Biggus

Established Member
alonso14 said:
[water off a ducks back....i dont know how old you are but i guess that you are of an age to know that you havnt always been this pretty and I am more than happy to support my football club all over the world......hoof or no hoof :wink:

Aww Rocky is just having a laugh Alonso. I'm sure he remembers the GG era, when it was Liverpool who played some neat stuff. :wink:
What I don't get is Benitez is supposedly a "tactically sophisticated" european coach, and Liverpool traditionally are a team that played good football why is he doing this?
The rot started with Souness.

DC Gunner

Established Member
scruzgooner said:
MDGoonah41 said:
Andy Gray even commented how Carragher keeps getting away with the blatant fouls in the box. Eventually it will come back to bite him.
yeah, i don't quite see how "helping" fabregas fall wasn't a penalty. he clearly had his hands on him, and clearly pulled him backwards, even though cesc was already finely balanced in that moment.
Come to think of it, I will backtrack my condemnation of the PK chelsea got @ anfield earlier this season, Liverpool deserve such bad call.

I am slowly beginning to hate watching football, most of these people are athletes, few are talented in footballing terms, In the past I used to watch any match and still get some enjoyment from it, now, with the crappy football being played, I barely put myself to watch any more.

I am also convinced that England NT get itself in bad situations because their players are not used to NON-favoring referees and get frustrated when it happens.

alonso14

Established Member
Biggus said:
alonso14 said:
[water off a ducks back....i dont know how old you are but i guess that you are of an age to know that you havnt always been this pretty and I am more than happy to support my football club all over the world......hoof or no hoof :wink:

Aww Rocky is just having a laugh Alonso. I'm sure he remembers the GG era, when it was Liverpool who played some neat stuff. :wink:
What I don't get is Benitez is supposedly a "tactically sophisticated" european coach, and Liverpool traditionally are a team that played good football why is he doing this?
The rot started with Souness.

i aint offended...i winked

i am not sure what you mean about what Benitez is upto...it takes time for playeers to settle and we have had bad luck with injuries...he will get it right

Lord Dula

Established Member
Benitez seemed to have Valencia playing a better brand of football, but maybe that's because that team were playing in a less physically demanding league.

As for Jamie Carragher - I cant stand him simply because he moaned about not getting enough playing time for England, when there are atleast five other centrebacks ahead of him in the pecking order.

Biggus

Established Member
alonso14 said:
i am not sure what you mean about what Benitez is upto...it takes time for playeers to settle and we have had bad luck with injuries...he will get it right

Well look at all the injuries and rebuilding we had to do last season, but we continued playing our way. Benitez has constructed your team to play a more direct style. Its brought some success, but you can't rely on Gerrard and luck all the time.

AFCG7

Established Member
Benitez's valencia seemed a more mobile and pacy side. He could use the counter attacking style similar to ours with good effect. He had good wingers - Vicente , Kily Gonzalez , Aurelio , Rufete and Angulo plus two very good overlapping fullbacks in Carboni and Angloma ( they were getting on in age i know but they were still very good ) . add Aimar for midfield flair and Baraja and Albelda for midfield solidity and comparatively they were a better unit for that style than Liverpool are today.

AFCG7

Established Member
Benitez's valencia seemed a more mobile and pacy side. He could use the counter attacking style similar to ours with good effect. He had good wingers - Vicente , Kily Gonzalez , Aurelio , Rufete and Angulo plus two very good overlapping fullbacks in Carboni and Angloma ( they were getting on in age i know but they were still very good ) . add Aimar for midfield flair and Baraja and Albelda for midfield solidity and comparatively they were a better unit for that style than Liverpool are today.

dutchMasta

Carragher praise for Gunners
Jamie Carragher believes Arsenal underlined their title credentials with their superb performance in the 1-1 draw at Anfield.
Cesc Fabregas' 80th minute goal secured the Gunners a well deserved point to take them back to the top of the Premier League.
And former England defender Carragher feels that anyone who questioned Arsenal's ability to challenge for honours this year are well wide of the mark.
Carragher said: "Are Arsenal as good as people say they are? You'd better believe it, I thought they had 12 men out there!"
"Arsenal are a great side, but we were very close to them, we are just six points behind and it was nearly a couple less with that display.

Commitment
"We battled hard, and we are proud of the way we played with commitment and effort, but Arsenal did play well, they are going to be a tough side to catch.
"But we have been under a the cosh a bit from the critics, who seem to have forgotten that we are still unbeaten in the league ourselves this season."
The Liverpool defender added: "We know we have had too many draws. We have just held Arsenal, which we feel is a good result, but we now must improve our home form."
Liverpool goalkeeper Jose Reina also hailed the performance of Arsène Wenger's title hopefuls.

Brilliant
The Spaniard said: "There's not much doubt they were one of the best sides I have ever played against.
"They were brilliant but I think we had some chances as well. We probably did not deserve to win but we didn't deserve to lose either."
He added: "I think it is a point gained because they were the better side.
"We tried to fight and to keep our level as high as we could but they were one of the best sides I have ever seen."

Skysports
Damn, first the liverpool fans, now the players. I feel almost embarrassed that we are getting this much praise, yet we didn't win the game...nice to hear either way.

alonso14

Established Member
Lord Dula said:
Benitez seemed to have Valencia playing a better brand of football, but maybe that's because that team were playing in a less physically demanding league.

As for Jamie Carragher - I cant stand him simply because he moaned about not getting enough playing time for England, when there are atleast five other centrebacks ahead of him in the pecking order.

****ing hell

he didnt moan...he said exactly what you said

AFCG7

Established Member
Sorry for the double post - On the praise we are getting : It is deserved for the kind of football our young side is playing but i hope it doesnt go to their heads too much . Wenger will try to keep their feet on the ground - there are harder tests to come against Man U and Chelsea.

KingKolo

I have nothing against Carragher as a person, and to be honest, I can’t believe the negative reaction he’s getting on Arsenal Mania. Yes, he fouled Fabregas, and we all know he wasn’t man of the match, but he seems to be a nice, humble bloke, and wears his heart on his sleeve, nothing wrong with that.

Besides, he praised us after the game, very nice of him considering they dropped 2 points at home.

j'nuh

Was there a huddle at the end of the game? Dont think it was shown on TV, interesting to see if the lads still did it after a draw.

alonso14

Established Member
j'nuh said:
Was there a huddle at the end of the game? Dont think it was shown on TV, interesting to see if the lads still did it after a draw.

not that i saw live and i was there until they all left the park

they just went upto to the arsenal fans en masse

alonso14

Established Member
KingKolo said:
I have nothing against Carragher as a person, and to be honest, I can’t believe the negative reaction he’s getting on Arsenal Mania. Yes, he fouled Fabregas, and we all know he wasn’t man of the match, but he seems to be a nice, humble bloke, and wears his heart on his sleeve, nothing wrong with that.

Besides, he praised us after the game, very nice of him considering they dropped 2 points at home.

i know him a little..i am good freinds with one of his cousins

been out with him a couple of times, he also came to a maych with us when he had a broken leg (Middlesborough away) he is a really nice guy and a very genuine person.......he is also a football nut and talks about nothing else.....

MDGoonah41

Established Member
I think it's important to draw distinctions between the player and the man. I don't know Carragher, I only know what I read and hear. He lives and dies Liverpool it seems, always has, and probably always will. While it looked like Gerrard was ready to go, you never hear that about Carragher, and you have to respect that from him. I think he gets away with a lot at the back, but he's also been around for a while, and it seems that after you've played 400+ matches, all of them for one side, in one country, and you have a good reputation, you get the benefit of the doubt more times than not.....ask John Terry.

ibby

Established Member
KingKolo said:

He is a liar, no two ways about it. Don't you remember his post match interview after the Everton game, when asked, was that a penalty?

As for praising us, he had to, he isn't going to criticise us is he? we outplayed them at home & the fact that he & all the Liverpool players were breathing out their arses after the match proves that.

PS. Have we EVER seen a team that tired after playing Arsenal?

Oh...I got my prediction right!!!

KingKolo

ibby said:
KingKolo said:

He is a liar, no two ways about it. Don't you remember his post match interview after the Everton game, when asked, was that a penalty?

As for praising us, he had to, he isn't going to criticise us is he? we outplayed them at home & the fact that he & all the Liverpool players were breathing out their arses after the match proves that.

In fairness, what do you expect him to say, that it wasn’t a penalty? As nice as it would be, it’s just not going to happen.

He had to praise us, but it’s the way that he done it that impressed me, it was sincere, it was more personal than a ‘they played well’, he specifically said it was like we had more players, which in itself is basically saying he felt we should’ve won.

As for seeing teams tired after playing Arsenal, I see it every time I go to Emirates! :D

ibby

Established Member
KingKolo said:
ibby said:
KingKolo said:

In fairness, what do you expect him to say, that it wasn’t a penalty? As nice as it would be, it’s just not going to happen.

He had to praise us, but it’s the way that he done it that impressed me, it was sincere, it was more personal than a ‘they played well’, he specifically said it was like we had more players, which in itself is basically saying he felt we should’ve won.

As for seeing teams tired after playing Arsenal, I see it every time I go to Emirates! :D

Carragher being the 'honest' man he is could have told the truth, everyone knows it was a penalty. Acting like a total prick on national telly is not the way to handle it.

Arsenal Quotes

It is well known the referees are protected very well like the lions in the zoo so we have to live with their decisions

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom