• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Most underrated Arsenal players

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Diaby is most overrated player in our history. - reffered to by many as player who was destined for greatness and a sublime technical player. In reality Diaby had 1 decent game against Pool and was utter ****e in all his other 179 peformances for us. Laziest player to play under Wenger, would stroll around the pitch with an facial expression of a cow chewing grass. Diaby had no defensive positional awareness or disclpline. Could not stop giving the ball away cheaply constantly. However Diaby was a tall African French CM and people were so desperate for him to be the next Vieira, so they became deluded over him. Denilson became their scape coat at the time and he was technically astute player and a much better player.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Diaby is most overrated player in our history. - reffered to by many as player who was destined for greatness and a sublime technical player. In reality Diaby had 1 decent game against Pool and was utter ****e in all his other 179 peformances for us. Laziest player to play under Wenger, would stroll around the pitch with an facial expression of a cow chewing grass. Diaby had no defensive positional awareness or disclpline. Could not stop giving the ball away cheaply constantly. However Diaby was a tall African French CM and people were so desperate for him to be the next Vieira, so they became deluded over him. Denilson became their scape coat at the time and he was technically astute player and a much better player.

Was Denilson a much better player?

The guy was out of football by 28. Think if anything we carried him for all those years.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone

He could be good box to box midfielder and talent was there.Yaya Toure was also weak in defence and kinda lazy when opponents attack,but was decent player forward.He was stronger than Diaby and probably had better technique.

Think that Diaby could offer a lot.He was quick,had solid shot and vision.Injuries really took a lot from him,so we can't judge him so much.When he played you could see his talent and we missed these kinda of players since Viera left.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

He could be good box to box midfielder and talent was there.Yaya Toure was also weak in defence and kinda lazy when opponents attack,but was decent player forward.He was stronger than Diaby and probably had better technique.

Think that Diaby could offer a lot.He was quick,had solid shot and vision.Injuries really took a lot from him,so we can't judge him so much.When he played you could see his talent and we missed these kinda of players since Viera left.

This goal was Vieira esque. Love the acceleration in the final third.

Also shout out to the Andy Gray commentary.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
We never got the chance to rate Diaby properly. He had some games that you simply couldn't have if you didn't have elite capabilities. Never really found a position for whatever reason, but I feel most of his annoying tendencies came from anxiety and eagerness after that injury.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone

This goal was Vieira esque. Love the acceleration in the final third.

Also shout out to the Andy Gray commentary.

Yeah,he scored some decent goals.

Remember that goal against Liverpool when we needed to win and stay in title race and close to Chelsea.His most beautiful goal was probably against Derby in 2007.

Mitch

I can't believe I fotgot Merse. Unfortunately for Merse he played at the time where England was full great attacking players and not the overrated so called "Golden generation" of Lampard and Slippy G as Merson was as good as them but didnt get anywhere near the hype.

Last edited:

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I like Guendouzi, think he’s an underrated kid. Needs a loan though, I’ll send him to France or Germany.

He needs coaching, it doesn't matter how much talent you have you're never gonna improve drastically under someone like Emery. When you'd young you're in need of guidance, coaching and instructions. Guendouzi either wasn't getting sufficient enough instructions or Emery wasn't able to convey what he wanted from him. Under a proper coach it's possible Guendouzi might've been ready to be a starter by now.

Now you have to way things up, do we have the time and patience to allow him to improve potentially costing us points or do you send him out on loan so the flaws can be ironed out elsewhere? Like if by some ****ing miracle the club shows some ambition and does sign Partey then Guendouzi won't be starting anyways so it'd be for the best if he was loaned. If we don't bring in a top class midfielder you might as well give him a chance. Who else is there?

GDeep™

League is very weak

I can't believe I fotgot Merse. Unfortunately for Merse he played at the time where England was full great attacking players and not the overrated so called "Golden generation" of Lampard and Slippy G as Merson was as good as them but didnt get anywhere near the hype.

Factor in the drugs, alcohol, gambling, depression, self doubt etc, away from the pitch he was a mess. Guys like Wright and Merse are my first fave Arsenal players. He joined Villa then and I got to see him live many times.

Mitch

Factor in the drugs, alcohol, gambling, depression, self doubt etc, away from the pitch he was a mess. Guys like Wright and Merse are my first fave Arsenal players. He joined Villa then and I got to see him live many times.

Even at Villa where Merse was past his prime and packed on the pounds Merse was still a very good player and won Villa's player of the year a couple of times.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Auba also is underrated. I see some Arsenal fams and oppos saying sh*t like " He's not world class," " he doesn't have good ball skills," "He kills our build up play"

But Guess what? this guy has scored more goals than any other striker in the league since his arrival two years ago in the hardest league in the world.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Auba also is underrated. I see some Arsenal fams and oppos saying sh*t like " He's not world class," " he doesn't have good ball skills," "He kills our build up play"

But Guess what? this guy has scored more goals than any other striker in the league since his arrival two years ago in the hardest league in the world.
What’s he underrated at though? He’s rated highly for his scoring.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
The guardian posted every club's most underrated Premier League player ever, Giroud was ours...so anyone who picked Ollie in here wins, I guess!

Would post the link, but don't know how to get links to work on here.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

The guardian posted every club's most underrated Premier League player ever, Giroud was ours...so anyone who picked Ollie in here wins, I guess!

Would post the link, but don't know how to get links to work on here.

What do I win?

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
Giroud was crazy value for money to be honest.

He was just not at a level that should have been a starter for that many seasons - and he unrightfully gets slagged tremendously for it.
He'd have been good with a closer and more prolific goalscorer next to him. Always looked good when combining with quick wingers/forwards drawing his man away allowing space behind.

His technique baffles me, but his composure let him down too often to be a top striker. Some of the first touches, finishes and passes he'd make were out of this world - and moments later he'd absolute butcher a perfect sitter. Seemed the trickier the finish, and the less expectation for it to be a goal there was, the more lethal he'd get - and the contrary would be true as well. :lol:

Likely one of the most infuriating players - but certainly an underrated one.

Look at some of those beauties! (And, if you'd look for his worst finishes you'd get an equally maddening amount of big time misses. :lol:)

Arsenal Quotes

When you give success to stupid people, it makes them more stupid sometimes and not more intelligent.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom