• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Our Most Underrated Player

Who is it?

• Total voters

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

I’ve been underwhelmed by him outside of the six month purple patch last season.

I was disappointed with his initial season and everything outside of last season as well. A WC season (in my opinion) sandwiched inbetween bullshit.

I'd be a lot more forthcoming in his defence had it not been for 🟨 but he's certainly far from underrated. Xhaka and others being regularly lambasted for not being good enough to play with him.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
As for a poll I think it's between White, Jorginho and Ramsdale. You can make a case for any of them.

Ramsdale - I thought he was our best player in his first season and amongst the top 5 players for us last season (although debatable if he should have been voted PFA team of year). Whilst some people are of the opinion that Raya in on par or an upgrade on Ramsdale, despite Ramsdale being the superior shot stopper

White - amongst our top 5 players last season and the best performing RB in the league this season. This season White continues to be one of the best RBs in the league.

Jorginho - A lot people on this forum don't rate him despite his obvious talent, vision, touch, control, range of passing and overall reading the game. Clearly far more talented than flop Shartey, already producing more good performance than Partey has done in the short time Jorginho has been here.

Giving the slight edge to White, who hasn't received individual praise and recognition like Ramsdale (PFA team of the year) and Jorginho (for 3rd Balon Dor) have done.

Last edited:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
It's White or Gabriel overall, Jorginho is quality but not quite at their level.

Some of the options are a proper joke though, Raya and freakin' Partey ffs 🤣

I’ve been underwhelmed by him outside of the six month purple patch last season.
Surely he's been at least good most times he's been fully fit and one of the first names on the team sheet in most of that period. I think the combination of the expectation people had of TP5 fitness wise and incoming of Rice, who in all fairness is the better footballer for the lone 6 (now) has made everyone forget how amazing and important TP5 has been!
Edit. Yellow box too.

Last edited:
Reactions: A_G

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

It's White or Gabriel overall, Jorginho is quality but not quite at their level.

Some of the options are a proper joke though, Raya and freakin' Partey ffs 🤣

Lack of Partey ratings started the whole thing.

Us man were ahead of the curve though laughing at this guy subbing himself off whenever the going got tough from early.

I See You Reaction GIF by Detroit Tigers

Andrew Cole Linighan

Player:Saka
Went for Ben White. A central defender, signed from Brighton. Been turned into a fullback, seems to have made the position his own.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
the horginho signing was beyond shrewd of a pickup, but will probably still have that Chelsea sloppy seconds feel to it I suppose. Wonderful player

Gabriel will probably remain underrated by our oppositions fan bases

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

the horginho signing was beyond shrewd of a pickup, but will probably still have that Chelsea sloppy seconds feel to it I suppose. Wonderful player

I quite like Jorginho as well. His bad games are bad but when they are good you can see why teams have built around him in the past or persist with him in the present.

The fact Jorginho has clearly produced more good peformances than Partey whilst having far less poor games is clear for all to see who don't have rose tinted specs.
I think recent memory is clouding the past a lot. Plus the sample isn't even close. I'd be very interested to see Partey and Rice together. Rice clearly makes anyone better!

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
I quite like Jorginho as well. His bad games are bad but when they are good you can see why teams have built around him in the past or persist with him in the present.

Has he had many bad games for us at Al though? Besides tinpottenham

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Has he had many bad games for us at Al though? Besides tinpottenham

Nah not really, I do recall a couple games where there whole team wasn't at it and there was nothing he could do about it. Ultimately I feel the criticisms he has had over the years are valid.

He's good though I agree with you.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Why is Kai not listed?

He's being kept for this thread...

hqdefault.jpg

...word on the street is that he's the BIG favourite to win the poll in that one 💪

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

Gabriel will probably remain underrated by our oppositions fan bases
Portuguese speakers don’t pronounce J’s as H’s, they pronounce it similar to English. So it’s Jorginho and Jose Mourinho instead of Horginho and Hose.

In Portuguese it’s the letter R that’s pronounced like a H so actually it’s Honaldo, Honaldinho, Hoberto Carlos or modern players Haphinia, Hicharlison so on and so forth.

Sorry just a pet peeve of mine need more people to understand this.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Raya started off rough but I honestly think his recent form makes him a candidate for this. His quick distribution after claiming crosses has created a lot of chances and played a big part in your chance creation improving recently.

Both Saliba and Gabriel are still underrated by non-Arsenal fans. Comfortably in contention for best CBs in the world if not genuinely #1 and #2 right now.

I think Ben White is pretty fairly rated, maybe slightly underrated by some but the general consensus is he's a good player.

If you go by A-M opinions alone then the entire team is underrated and is painted as more of a League 2 side getting lucky.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

If you go by A-M opinions alone then the entire team is underrated and is painted as more of a League 2 side getting lucky.
:lol:

I asked if I was imagining that Raya looks a lot more settled but that was shut down. Surprised about Saliba, all my non Arsenal mates say he's class and is up there with VVD as the best CBs in the league.

I feel like White is fairly rated on here as well, the guy just gets back to back 7/8 performances and I don't think anybody has seriously said otherwise.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
:lol:

I asked if I was imagining that Raya looks a lot more settled but that was shut down. Surprised about Saliba, all my non Arsenal mates say he's class and is up there with VVD as the best CBs in the league.

I feel like White is fairly rated on here as well, the guy just gets back to back 7/8 performances and I don't think anybody has seriously said otherwise.

Yeah Raya has genuinely looked good recently, but obviously he didn't start out great and that + the whole Raya vs. Ramsdale debacle will probably cloud people's opinion on him for a bit.

Mentioned Saliba because I genuinely think he's the best CB in the world and it's not even that close. He is borderline flawless as a CB, great distribution, unreal in duels, incredible positionally etc. I think he would be rated at 2021 VVD levels if he wasn't playing for a team that historically is seen as a bit "weak" defensively.

White reminds me so much of Sagna, good and bad. You know you always get a 7/10 99% of the time, but sometimes you still wish he had that extra sauce at times.

Arsenal Quotes

I've never been a goalscorer. I've only owned goals. Good own goals.

Steve Bould
Top Bottom