• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Our Most Underrated Player

Who is it?

• Total voters

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I am pretty certain it should be Ray Parlour, tbh.

Brilliant player, that I feel most think was just it the game for the laughs.

This don is a close 2nd to Ray though...

soccer-fa-barclaycard-premiership-arsenal-v-leicester-city-GBFR3T.jpg

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
It's probably Martinelli, he doesn't get enough credit for his speed, his ability to go past defenders on both sides and his amazing defensive work-rate.

Great shout this, insane how low he is rated.

Had every pretty much every rightback shaking last season (was the one who really started the "Trent can't defend" trend after mauling him 1 v 1 everytime)

Still think he's as good as Saka, but obviously in different ways...the way we play now makes people underrate Gabby too.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Think Petit was a bit underrated. Not at Vieiras level obviously but a pretty complete midfielder. In the current squad I would probably say Zinchenko. Partey by some though I understand people being with fed up with his injuries and the off the field stuff. When fit he`s close to world class in my opinion.

At the time they played together plenty of fans rated Petit over Vieira

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
I mean he's in that state right now where every minor mistake gets clipped, shared and memed to death because of where he came from, the fee and all that's surrounding it. Genuinely impossible to have a real conversation about him.

As you said, his movement and work rate off the ball is second to none right now but the fee basically makes it impossible to praise those things because people (somewhat justifiably) expect on-ball magic from an attacker at that price tag.

It's a weird one. He's definitely underrated right now, but that doesn't mean he's great.

No, his passing is extremely limited. When we signed him I thought his end product would be very good and his defending would be poor. It seems for the most part it's been the reverse. I think he'd be rated higher if he had end product but didn't cover defensively.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Current squad: Gabriel. He had his fair share of bozo moments, but he is one of the best CBs in the world and a a key part of the resurgent Arsenal. Debately Arteta's best signing and one of the defensive signings we've made in the Emirates era. Honestly, after watching Mustafi and Sokratis headbutt each, Gabriel is a breath of fresh air.

All time: Sagna. He’s up there with Ivanovic, but the Chelsea man was a key cog in a dominant Chelsea team and Sagna wasn’t.

bakaboo

I will throw a spanner in the works and incur some wrath by nominating Elneny for current squad.

He has outstanding stamina, good passing range, good positional sense and always make himself available for a pass.

I believed he has more in his locker but being restricted by his role (DM) thus played conservatively to maintain team possession of the ball. There were some matches where Wenger put him in a more forward role and he was abled to perform, I think even gotten MOTM.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Don't think there's a worse word than "underrated" in football usage. Everyone will call their favourites under or overrated because they're the only ones who know football while everyone else are mouth breathing idiots.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

By our fans or in general?

By our fans probably white

By others probably big gabi

Dennis10

Current team: Up until the Liverpool game: Jorginho.

All-time: Sol Campbell - Seems like he's not even in the conversation when talking about the greatest CBs in PL-history. Vidic, Kompany, Terry, van Dijk, Stam and Ferdinand are easily rated above him, and I just don't agree that he is levels below. Sure, you could make a case for any of them being better, but in his first three seasons with us, I wouldn't swap him with anyone in the world.

mpower2540

It's probably Martinelli, he doesn't get enough credit for his speed, his ability to go past defenders on both sides and his amazing defensive work-rate.

Honorable mentions are Raya and Zinchenko.
Great shout this, insane how low he is rated.

Had every pretty much every rightback shaking last season (was the one who really started the "Trent can't defend" trend after mauling him 1 v 1 everytime)

Still think he's as good as Saka, but obviously in different ways...the way we play now makes people underrate Gabby too.
Baffled by this. Is Martinelli underrated???

Apart from the odd person coming out and going overboard with insults after he drops a headless chicken game I think he’s extremely highly rated and appreciated for that matter.

ASAP Berg

Established Member
Partey.

As a central midfielder his skill set amazes me.
I rate players when we are really up against it, I remember several tokes last season when we would throw the kitchen sink at teams and he was holding our midfield together by himself and playing some amazing balls through the lines and out wide effortlessly.

Sp**s away last season wheeew they couldn't not touch him first half, that was beautiful.

Arsenal Quotes

It works. I am just waiting until everyone has copied it, then I shall come up with something new.

Herbert Chapman on the famous WM formation

Latest posts

Top Bottom