• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Our Most Underrated Player

Who is it?

• Total voters

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
An underrated player of the past, for me, goalkeeper Alex Manninger. Deputized for David Seaman, kept a number of clean sheets. I believe Alex made somes saves, in a penalty shoot out, at West Ham United.
Underused, unfortunately had David Seaman in front of him.

View attachment 22250
👍 Was excellent at the time.
I thought he was good enough to be a no 1 here & was sad when he left.
He had a decent career but never quite hit the heights.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Don't think there's a worse word than "underrated" in football usage. Everyone will call their favourites under or overrated because they're the only ones who know football while everyone else are mouth breathing idiots.

👏

Goes through all walks of life though, my main pet peeve is when people use it when discussing music

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Lol he was definitely overrated by Arsène.

Wasn't he regarded as a wonder kid who suffered with injury?
I understand he was a cheap/free punt
Still playing though tbf.
Just ditched the Armenian league for the heights of the Chinese 2nd division 😁.
Sanogo's impact in the comeback Fa cup win against Hull to end our trophy drought was under rated. He was important in that win, came on in the 60th min when we were still 2-1 down. Unlicky not to score a couple that day.

chessygoal

We should have Ødegaard in that poll. Most people rate him highly but underestimate him compared to other Arsenal greats. We can perform without Saka / Rice / Saliba, but we'd crumble without Ødegaard and I don't think he gets enough plaudits.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
We should have Ødegaard in that poll. Most people rate him highly but underestimate him compared to other Arsenal greats. We can perform without Saka / Rice / Saliba, but we'd crumble without Ødegaard and I don't think he gets enough plaudits.
I think if we win a major trophy or two with him in his current role, he will likely go down in that class of greats.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

An underrated player of the past, for me, goalkeeper Alex Manninger. Deputized for David Seaman, kept a number of clean sheets. I believe Alex made somes saves, in a penalty shoot out, at West Ham United.
Underused, unfortunately had David Seaman in front of him.

View attachment 22250
Eyes What GIF

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Ima vote for Elenny and I'd suggest y'all do the same unless the idea of spending the rest of eternity buried under his patio appeals to you.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Arshavin was a proper baller that's forgotten about a lot.
Yeah he was. He was a real big name when we signed him tbf. He shone brightly here for a while but the supporting cast probably wasnt good enough.
Was best as a support striker or probably attacking from wide.

Remember when we played him as a lone striker. He was virtually a midget 😆

fute

Martinelli

Not even named in the list. 🤔

Criticized more for what he isn't than praised for what he is and brings to the team.

Agreed that Ødegaard is from another planet. His pressing and numbers in general are spectacular. His technique is sublime. Just a wonderful professional. Never injured either.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard

With anti blonde brigade on this forum with their agendas, it's a given that the likes of Ødegaard and Ramsdale are going to be underrated.on here.

After the ABB on this forum were still trying to push that Ødegaard isn't good enough and wanted him out at the end of last season (Ødegaard clearly our best player). Nothing surprises me on here anymore.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal is in my blood as well as my heart. I will always, always, always remember you guys. I said I was going to be a Gooner for life and I did not lie because when you are a Gooner, you will always be a Gooner. This club is in my heart and will remain in my heart forever.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom