• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL Arsenal V Chelsea Sun 26th 16:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I reckon we throw everything at them , play Bellerin against Hazard . We can't learn anything if we play for a draw. Lets measure ourselves against the league leaders .

onetowatch

Mourinho will do what he always does. Identify our strengths and key threats and stifle them. There won't be many goals.

It all depends on whether we can not make any mistakes as most of their goals come from opposition mistakes. If we can, we'll probably win by a goal or two.

I'm so thankful for this run that we went on. Had we lost a couple or drawn 3 in that period, they could've won the title on our patch. Imagine that, or don't!

This will be intersting. Arsenal fans favourite, Hazard playing against us. Arsenal most hatred man in the world, Mourinho playing aginst us. All the players coming back from injury hampering Arsène Wenger team selection ability.

But there are good things too. Monreal and Ospina will be back in the squad. Giroud enjoy him self most at home. Özil on ballon d'or form. Aaron 'I'm back' Ramsey on fire. And then we have the best player in the league, Alexis Sanchez.

I fancy us here. We need to send this **** club a message that we are ready to compete next season. I hope we murder them.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Mourinho will do what he always does. Identify our strengths and key threats and stifle them. There won't be many goals.

It all depends on whether we can not make any mistakes as most of their goals come from opposition mistakes. If we can, we'll probably win by a goal or two.

I'm so thankful for this run that we went on. Had we lost a couple or drawn 3 in that period, they could've won the title on our patch. Imagine that, or don't!

Exactly right , that's why it will be a measure for us .

Barney2k

Mourinho will simply play not to lose.

It really is that simple.

It's just a case of whether we'll have an 'on' day from an attacking perspective, like the Liverpool game, or an 'off' day like we did at Wembley.

Fingers crossed for an 'on' day.

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan
-----------------Ospina
Debuchy-Gabriel-Koscielny-Monreal
-----------Ramsey-Coquelin
Welbeck---------Özil----------Alexis
------------------Giroud

Subs: Szczesny, Gibbs, Chambers, Wilshere, Cazorla, Rosicky, Walcott

Triniboy

They've looked tired for a while. Mourinho will be able to squeeze the last bit of motivation out of them but if we play well we'll beat them.

Can't have Bellerin on Hazard btw, he's not ready for that sort of test. If Chamberlain isn't back expect Ramsey on the right to help deal with Hazard. Kos and Gabriel should be able to handle an unfit Costa/ageing Drogba.

And why is that? He came up against Sterling and did a fantastic job. I'm almost certain this whole forum was saying the exact thing either last season or the one before, about jenkinson prior to us playing Chelsea. I remember that game, I think we lost, but Hazard said absolutely nothing against us Jenko kept him quiet. I don't see why Bellerin can't do the same as no winger this season has made him look like he shouldn't be starting.

IMO, Hazard will only be dangerous to us when he is cutting in. Bellerin won't get beat on the wing often so we need Coq/whoever plays with Coq to be there when he does cut inside. Do that and they have almost no offence.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
And why is that? He came up against Sterling and did a fantastic job.

Surely you cannot be serious with that statement mate, come on. Sterling got the opportunity to put through several deadly balls, and Bellerin even gave away a penalty. That's not a "fantastic job".

Regardless, Hazard is much better than Sterling. We're talking a great dribbler vs. one of the best dribblers of the ball in the world.

a_fourteen

Established Member
I hope we dont throw the kitchen sink at them. That is what Mourinho wants. He wants us to come at them and he'll then pick us off on the counter and go home looking smug. The title is lost so I'd rather a dignified draw and we keep our powder dry till next season.

Le Professeur

Established Member
And why is that? He came up against Sterling and did a fantastic job. I'm almost certain this whole forum was saying the exact thing either last season or the one before, about jenkinson prior to us playing Chelsea. I remember that game, I think we lost, but Hazard said absolutely nothing against us Jenko kept him quiet. I don't see why Bellerin can't do the same as no winger this season has made him look like he shouldn't be starting.

IMO, Hazard will only be dangerous to us when he is cutting in. Bellerin won't get beat on the wing often so we need Coq/whoever plays with Coq to be there when he does cut inside. Do that and they have almost no offence.

He got turned inside out in one of his first games, by a smaller team's left winger - can't remember who atm.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

Chelsea's motto lately has been 1 mistake, 1 goal. Monreal has to play.
Can Ramsey go back to the middle now?

Going for a 1-1 that we should've won

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Surely you cannot be serious with that statement mate, come on. Sterling got the opportunity to put through several deadly balls, and Bellerin even gave away a penalty. That's not a "fantastic job".

Regardless, Hazard is much better than Sterling. We're talking a great dribbler vs. one of the best dribblers of the ball in the world.

Be a good learning experience Dok , not to mention he can make Hazard work the other way . You want to be a top player got to play against top quality .

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Mourinho will come and park the jet, it's down to our individual craft to create openings, this Chelski team seldom make mistakes. We'll win 2-0, I'm gonna stick a tenna on a Us/Leicester double. COYG!!

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
-----------------Ospina
Debuchy-Gabriel-Koscielny-Monreal
-----------Ramsey-Coquelin
Welbeck---------Özil----------Alexis
------------------Giroud

Apart from Debuchy, that's the lineup I want.

But Wenger will have it difficult to drop Santi. We'll probably see Ramsey again at RW to accommodate Santi in CM.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Michael Oliver will referee.....

Good. Treated us right away at Old Trafford and he usually doesn't put up with Chelsea's ****.

We're going to ****ing batter them. He'll play for a 0-0 like last time but if we score first all bets are off.

GDeep™

League is very weak
These are the games you sign Özil and Sanchez for, so I'm hoping one of those two help us grab a win with a spectacular performance.

If it doesn't happen, I'll be gutted.

I'm looking at Özil and Sanchez here.

Mastadon

Established Member
We are in great form Chelsea have just been nicking wins. Its time for Wenger to end that awful record against Mourinho don't want any excuses we are at home and our team is fit and ready. 3 points get it out of the way.

Triniboy

I don't know maybe you have really high standards then, there is not much more he could have done in my eyes to have had a great game. Yes he conceded a penalty but that doesn;t overwrite the other 89 minutes of his play in my eyes, especially as it was 3-0 at the time. I have grown up playing as a RB and when I see Bellerin play I see him doing everything right. I remember one game people complained he was too narrow with Mert leaving the winger open, but that is exactly what you want your full backs to do. There was a game when Chambers played and the opposition were playing through balls in behind him and the cb all game. He does his job well and I don't see why he can't continue with his place in the starting line up. We have a potential world class RB on our hands we should continue to let him play. The only thing I would rate Debuchy over him for is his decision making when under pressure, which I think is down to all the experience he has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.
When you read some books they are fantastic, the writer touches something in you that you know you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life.
If you are living like an animal, what is the point of living? What makes daily life interesting is that we try to transform it to something that is close to art. And football is like that.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom