<

PL | Arsenal v Leicester City | 11/08/17 19:45 BST | Sky Sports

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by American_Gooner, Aug 7, 2017.

?

Match Prediction

Poll closed Aug 11, 2017.
  1. Arsenal win

80.2%
  2. Draw

13.6%
  3. Leicester win

6.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. North5

North5 Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Godwin1 and Gooner Zig like this.
  2. LacaNewSigning

LacaNewSigning Active Member

Far too many times to count, but here's too hoping there's been a change in mentality with Lehman coming back and that new fitness guy joining. We give the opposition far too many chances in the beginning of matches in the past coming out like zombies from the walking dead, it also doesn't help when players like Ramsey go gung ho from the start and leave huge gaps for the opposition to exploit.

mavelous likes this.
  3. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Not a Closet Spurs Fan

That's really all that there is to go on with isn't it? Even with a truncated squad, at home we should have enough within ourselves to beat Leicester if we go about it the right way. But a truly ambitious and ruthless team never leaves it upto chance.

4. LacaNewSigning

LacaNewSigning Active Member

If we can't beat Leicester at home, whether it's first game or not we don't deserve to win the title (no disrespect to Leicester) and shows we really are turning into Liverpool Mk II. But knowing us we will make hardwork out of Leicester because we are Charity FC

5. Makingtrax

Makingtrax Arséne Wenger once said "I will miss you"

You can **** off too :lol: Thought there were signs of your posting picking up tbh but the summer hols are clearly going to your head.

Nothing like laughing at the truth. Sad times.

6. Makingtrax

Yes, it happens every season but if you go through them one by one . . . . just saying. There's only Ramsey that could possibly be down to over training. And he always breaks down.

Yes we desperately need a CM and yes we have Shad and Burgess in charge of pre-season fitness.

Keeping my eye on you mate, cheap posting :rolleyes:

7. North5

North5 Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

When our league "challenge" has collapsed by February we'll see what the excuses will be.

8. Makingtrax

Still kept all the injury prone players, so it's as certain as night follows day that we'll collapse sooner or later.

If Wenger buys a solid CM to partner Xhaka before the window shuts . .
    that could be a game changer.

9. Big Poppa

Big Poppa Well-Known Member Trusted

Yep, that's his style. Momentum

10. freeglennhelder2

freeglennhelder2 Well-Known Member

Yes, thats it, zombies. :lol:Very little chance of a sudden change in mentality. And we both know why.....Don't misunderstand, I'd be the happiest person in the world if I was wrong!!

11. The_Playmaker

The_Playmaker Established Member

So with injuries already. It looks like we will be starting with:

------------------------Cech
    --------Holding-Mert-Monreal
    Ox-----Elneny------Xhaka---Kolasinac
    ----------Iwobi--------------Welbeck
    -------------------Lacazette

It looks like we will struggle to get rid of deadwood till very late in the window and we may not be able to get anyone in because of that. Those released will be sent on loans. So we will still be responsible for paying some of their wages.

All and all, it isn't looking positive especially with contact situations on top of that.

Ewarwoowar likes this.
  12. al-Ustaadh

al-Ustaadh Professor of Twitter

13. celestis

celestis Arsenal-Mania Veteran Moderator

Looks a very good starting line up to me happy with that in the mean time .

14. celestis

celestis Arsenal-Mania Veteran Moderator

Eh ? Thought Özil was kicked last thursday/friday .

15. GunnerFinn

GunnerFinn Active Member

Great news - don't want to jump the gun but young Reiss seems like the most exciting prospect we've had for a while. Hope he can really make an impact in his breakthrough season.

Gooner Zig and celestis like this.
  16. ASM

ASM Member

Maybe I'm over-positive, but I'm fairly pleased with our squad and how effective it is in the current formation. A top CM would definitely be welcomed, but he will make us super favourites for the PL title as I already see us as one of the solid favourites. Quite a few players are settling well or are on the up, plus two great additions who covered up two obvious weaknesses in last season's squad. For me a top partner for Xhaka in central midfield is the only need, yet I still can see us keep possession and do an effective and secure build up play with the current options even against top PL sides.

On the other hand, and particularly for a season opener at the Emirates against a fairly good team, with all those memories and doubts possibly playing in the minds of both players and fans, and with f***ing Mike Dean people are entitled to worry. I hope logic will beat history.

17. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Not a Closet Spurs Fan

Yeah I was responding to @Makingtrax's comment that Özil's ankle was kicked against Everton.

Makingtrax and celestis like this.
  18. albakos

albakos Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you" Administrator

19. Makingtrax

Yeah, my bad it was a kick in training. It was Gabriel who got the Everton injury. :mad:

celestis likes this.
  20. carlito'sway

carlito'sway Established Member

Now with Ramsey injury, it is even more an urgency. This dude will not last a full season. Not a chance.

Godwin1, Gooner Zig and Makingtrax like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.