• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v West Ham United | April 22, 2018 13:30 BST | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

There isn’t going to be unity between the fans till we win the league.
Don’t know why everything is blamed on AFTV. Yes they are idiots but seriously, they aren’t the root of the divide. AKB vs WOB started before them if anyone remembers

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
As soon as the season is over, the club should ban AFTV from the grounds. Better still, set up a rival gig that isn't bland and shut them down.
Nah its not right way to do that all club have Fans channel like manutd Liverpool Chelsea but they don't divide thier own fans or making laughing stock of themselves

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Fair enough, you've got to give credit to Arsène Wenger for that. I haven't been his biggest fan over the past few years but he's got a lot of class especially for the way he's handled the situation with the media. He's put the club first.

If this was a manager like Mourinho you all know this would have ended ugly. He would have put himself first and exposed Stan & Gazidis immediately to the media.

I'm sure Arsène Wenger will reveal everything but it's all about the timing.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
No it doesn't make sense.

I've seen some posts the last couple of days that have just been a load of rubbish. For example, "Arsenal is a club of class, and that was brought to Arsenal by Arséne Wenger". I thought to myself, that's nonsense, Arsenal was known as a classy club who acted and did the right things decades before Wenger joined, yet I chose to ignore it because it's not worth it, yet the second somebody posts something about Wenger potentially or most likely being asked to step down/told the club wants to go in a different direction the propaganda merchants get involved and pounce like wild dogs.

The players during that time saying these things (i.e. the Arsenal classy culture being a part of his era or how he revolutionalised the way the club was seen and handled) is not enough I guess.

Not a single person has posted anything factual to go against the clubs statement. That is a fact until something else directly contradicts it.

Dance around all you want with different people's opinions but a fact is a fact. And until stated otherwise by people who actually know something, Wenger left by his own decision. Anything after is pure speculation not factual in any way.

CanadianGooner1608

An average game that turned fantastic as soon as we started putting some pressure on their midfield and defense (i.e. Auba coming in).
All of a sudden, they were on the back foot and unable to cope.

Classy game from Xhaka whom I've been the first to criticize. Shame we don't get that constant level of performance from him all season long. It would go a long way.

Lacazette was lethal. Whenever you put the ball in front of him in the box, he has the ability to punish any team. Glad to see him find his footing. 12 goals in his first season, despite carrying an injury, he is no joke.

Welbeck... I love you man. We still had some comedy football from him, but for a large majority of the game, he was making tremendous runs, turns, passes, and that curled shot should have gone in. He deserved it.

Rambo was a bit transparent for some parts of the game, then kicked it up a gear and turned amazing.

Iwobi was oftentimes really bad. Still, could see his ability to hold the ball and go past three defenders. End product isn't there yet. He's young but we have to ask if he reached a ceiling or not. I hope not.

AMN did great. Tried to push the game forward, successfully took on West Ham players. He is quality.

One word for Elneny: I wish him a quick recovery. An injury when he is getting in his stride is terrible.

Lastly Auba. In my view the game turned when he got in. His runs, ability to draw defenders to him. He basically turned WH defense upside down just by being there. Pure quality.

Overall I'm happy with the game we had while missing our two creators in chief (Özil, Mkhi). Just wish we showed this level all throughout the game, not only in the second half. Intensity is key, sometimes we just lack it.
When we show our intensity though, there aren't many teams that can stand up to us.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
Nah it's not. Wenger contributed to and enhanced the "class" of Arsenal and the way they did things off the pitch but he didn't create the notion that Arsenal was a classy club.

Stop talking about facts. I'm sick of the word. The word fact is used to suit a certain agenda at a certain time. Provide me the facts that Wenger revolutionised the club. Provide me the facts that Wenger made Henry into one of the worlds greatest ever strikers. Provide me the facts that Wenger helped finance the stadium.

Provide me with one single fact that shows explicitly Wenger himself made Henry into Arsenal's greatest ever striker. Who you gonna reference? Henry...well that's an opinion from someone. It's not a fact.

Wenger didn't want to leave. He wouldn't have left before his two year contract was up. That's a fact. Go and ask him yourself. This is such a stupid discussion. Fact.
Jesus Christ...

So the player himself coming out to say that the coach turned him into such a great player is not factual? What in the actual ****.

No, a fact is a fact. The Earth is not flat, that is a fact. You breathe oxygen, that is a fact. Do you understand what is a fact and what is an opinion?

I'm actually as tired as you are with the word fact. I've said it so much in quick succession. But one last time, a fact is a fact. Using a fact to suite your agenda is a different topic all together, but a fact is a ****ing facr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Reyes !!!
Stand up for the Champions!

Martin Tyler's commentary after Jose Antonio Reyes (RIP) scores the winner against Middlesborough

Latest posts

Top Bottom