PL | Arsenal vs Huddersfield | Saturday | 15:00 GMT

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by APierre, Dec 6, 2018.

?

Prediction

1. Arsenal win

36 vote(s)
    87.8%
  2. Draw

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  3. Huddersfield win

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Terrible match thread

4 vote(s)
    9.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FinnGooner

FinnGooner Well-Known Member

Very very frustrating game, as anyone can tell by my posts during, but three points is what matters. As long as Xhaka is crucial to our build up, we are in trouble. But he wasn't the only one today who took way too many unnecessary touches and was just overall sluggish.

2. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

It's like the Netflix of sports streaming

blaze_of_glory and celestis like this.
  3. Notorious Big

Notorious Big Stuck in the friend zone

Southampton is Mordor no.2 but we're are Frodo now.

Gooner Zig likes this.
  4. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Damn that's really not good time to get into crisis

blaze_of_glory likes this.
  5. Gooner Zig

Gooner Zig AM's Resident Accountant Trusted

It's a legitimate dedicated sports IPTV platform. Similar to Setanta Sports in Ireland (when it existed).

They won the rights for the CL last season and now it looks like they're going to win the PL if that that journo reported is true.

blaze_of_glory likes this.
  6. Sapient Hawk

Sapient Hawk #NeverArteta

FULL TIME!! Hard fought but it shouldn't have been.

I blame Emery, he should never have said after our draw to United "We'll win on Saturday" Wagner the **** clearly saw Match of The Day & didn't like the perceived arrogance.

Or maybe I'm clutching at straws & we made it look more difficult than it should've been.

Rest them ALL as we'll need to put in a hell of a performance against Southampton.

Our record at St. Mary's is more diabolical than ours at Old Trafford if it could be believed :lol:

celestis likes this.
  7. Coolin

Coolin Doesn't appreciate the mighty Nacho

It was only poor because we missed those two sitters. If we scored when we should’ve we would’ve gone on to hit 3 or 4.

Fallout likes this.
  8. celestis

celestis Arsenal-Mania Veteran Moderator

They've been paired before , as good as the two we have now .

9. Drebin

Drebin Well-Known Member

Most players will have a one week break now. No excuses against Southampton, even when we are playing with a Cb pairing with two of Kos, Monreal, Lichtsteiner and Kola.

10. Mo Britain

Mo Britain Doom Monger

Absolutely no reason in this scenario why he shouldn't have started Elneny and given Maitland-Niles and Smith-Rowe some time.

11. dashsnow17

dashsnow17 Established Member

Great goal and good result, apart from that very disappointing though. Not enough quality, maturity or composure. It says something that I wasn’t even sure we’d hold onto that lead.

What does Mkhitaryan do exactly? I get what iwobi does, he doesn’t always have the quality but I get what he’s about, but what’s Mkhi about? I remember he played well against Chelsea in August and since then i really can’t remember a single thing he’s done.

Has there ever been a hatrick of yellow cards for simulation before? That might be a record. Also not impressed by suspensions from our CBs when they know we’re very thin in that area.

On a side note, the injuries are piling up. Is this down to Emery’s style of play? Will we dip later in the season if we’re unable to keep up the physicality? Wouldn’t be surprised to see Bellerin pick up an injury soon for eg.

m-due likes this.
  12. Notorious Big

Notorious Big Stuck in the friend zone

Put Arsenal ladies in EL.Nothing more than that.

13. bingobob

bingobob Fan of Technicians Who Show Great Character

Got the three points on the board. Just need the boys to rest up. We've had a tough and demanding set of fixtures that isn't gonna get easier any time soon.

Need some Pep juice for some of the lads.

14. Plutarch

Plutarch Well-Known Member

It feels so good to actually win the game after you've given up hope. Which I had.

15. Drebin

Drebin Well-Known Member

Had the same thought. We need a better acting coach

dashsnow17 likes this.
  16. m-due

m-due Well-Known Member

I was watching the game on mute at work. Did we get multiple cards for diving? :rofl: We will take the three points and worry about the performance in couple of days.

celestis likes this.
  17. BaZZe

BaZZe Bitterswede

I'm all for it if it means more Leah. :drool:

Notorious Big likes this.
  18. Trilly

Trilly The John Cross of Ilford

Gotta get the big boy dispenser and the good premium balloons too. We loading up doubles tonight boy.

19. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Not a Closet Spurs Fan

We played Sunday, Wednesday, Saturday. Two of those were against Sp**s and United. No team has had a tougher run of fixtures than us. Give the players some credit for digging out a massive result. But I can't keep stressing this enough, January is HUGE for us. If we want to finish in the top 4, we need atleast a couple of additions. Players like Mkhi and Iwobi simply don't offer enough quality from the start or the bench. And we're also short at the back.

lamby22, Mrs Bergkamp, Jae and 4 others like this.
  20. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Short man Syndrome

Love the diving btw just need to get better at it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.