• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Liverpool | 12/11/06

Rocafella

Established Member
Wouldn't suprise me if we drew our next game. Liverpool came and tried to play 4-4-2 and we just anihalated them. What this result will do is make more teams play 4-5-1 against us in fear of the same thing happening to them.

gunnerGH

Established Member
Okay im going to sum up our performance today.

From the offset to before the 1st goal we were very poor and looked nervy in front of an expectant emirates crowd. Cesc and hleb looked lively. Henry and RVP failed to make an impact. Someone needed to change the game for us and that man was zenden. The poorest liverpool player failed to spot cesc'c run, who in turn assisted flaminis opener.

From then on we saw the real arsenal- RVP, Flamini, Eboue and Clichy all joining in. Great play all round and the emirates air had clearly been lifted off their head. Which you could see in the second goal. Brilliant. Just what we needed. Kolo showing the same fighting spirit and leadership adams had in his day. Its early days for kolo but we all know deep down he should be wearing that armband.

Liverpool then again led to their own downfall for the third and potentially fourth goal. Poor marking and defending. But to be honest I dont give a ****. Gallas deserving of a goal aswel.

Overall I was dissapointed. Mainly because I wanted one of our own players to step up and change the game but it was zenden today. A player not worthy of playing in the premiership. Well done to cesc though for seizing the opportunity and Flamps for acually putting an opportunity away!

The result looks alot better on paper than it was watching. Neverless im pleased we beat them. They are no-way near our standard.

KingReyes

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
like patrick, i definately felt like we were missing rosicky today. we weren't as 'mobile' in central midfield. one of rosicky's biggest strengths, is his ability to always find a bit of space further up the pitch. that way, cesc and gilberto, are most of time able to play the ball forward and not just back and forth in midfield. furthermore, imo rosicky is the player who links the best up with all the other players. so when he's not there, many of our moves break down as there aren't any open passing moves...

furthermore, rosicky also has the pace and skill to beat defenders and create two on one situations in the final third.

I think any team would miss the qualities of Rosicky, he's a class act and there aren't many like him. What is essential is that when we do have players like Rosicky missing that we still manage to put in good enough performances to win games. Missing the likes of Freddie, Baptista etc does not help but at least Flamini did his job even though he's average at best compared to the likes of Rosicky.

Its just like Barcelona minus E'too up front, they still have an effective offense but it just isn't the same without him.

jester

Established Member
kel said:
strange game compared to our earlier home games this season. the performance was actually quite mediocre; far from good actually, but the result was very good. unlike previously, we didn't create many chances, but we actually took the few chances we created very well today.

hleb played well in the first half, eboue is a terrific right back and the central defenders played very well. other than that, i thought most of our players were average at best.
have to agree with that, it was a very strange match.

Flamini could be a very useful player for us, he gives us something else. He runs all night, and is probably still running right now.

jester

Established Member
I'd also like to add that it was the first time we had our first choice back 4 out there, and it made a huge difference.
Clichy and Eboue gave us loads of width, and, with gallas and toure, we could have the makings of an immense back 4.

go49oner

Established Member
Some pictures of todays game

42306930ab6ut6.jpg

0000000tp0.jpg

000sw1.jpg

000000000000ar6.jpg

000000000000000000qf4.jpg

gunnertilldeath

Established Member
what an amazing weekend. Ohio State won to stay undefeated (we play m*ch*gan next week. its the greatest rivalry in American sports and i will be in Columbus), Sp*rs lost heavily, we destroyed liverpoop, kolo toure scored and hopefully, the steelers will win today. I'm so happy. Kolo toure is so ****ing amazing. there is nothing he cant do. Kolo Toure for President of the US, Prime minister of Britain and United Nations Secretary General. He such a complete player. it was nice to see Matt and Willy get on the scoresheet too. Liverpool floundering and a big positive this season has been our play against the other big teams. we beat united away and humiliated liverpool at home. we just need to get our act together against the smaller teams. we defended awesomely today and its nice to see our back line healthy with kolo and willy playing in the center. we have such speed in the fullback positions too.

jester

Established Member
Kolo toure is so f****g amazing. there is nothing he cant do. Kolo Toure for President of the US, Prime minister of Britain and United Nations Secretary General

motion seconded and carried ;)

henry79

we did a very profesional job today, we were not at our best, we did not create many chances and still came out of the game with 3-0!!!!!

Our best player was toure what a player you would love to have 11 kolos in the team !!!! overall the defence was magnificent

hleb and van persie worked hard, fabregas was ok but I really think he needs a rest. Henry was good today he worked hard and was bothered this time!!!!

liverpool played 442 which was good for us. I dont want us to get ahead of our self, we are still not there yet lets just see how we fair against team who put 10 men behind the ball!!!

If we find a way to open up defences of teams like that, i think we will be a force to be rekened with.

consistency is the key to our title challenge

I wonder what alan hansen will say tonight about his beloved liverpool !!!

stuart

Established Member
henry79 said:
we did a very profesional job today, we were not at our best, we did not create many chances and still came out of the game with 3-0!!!!!

Our best player was toure what a player you would love to have 11 kolos in the team !!!! overall the defence was magnificent

hleb and van persie worked hard, fabregas was ok but I really think he needs a rest. Henry was good today he worked hard and was bothered this time!!!!

liverpool played 442 which was good for us. I dont want us to get ahead of our self, we are still not there yet lets just see how we fair against team who put 10 men behind the ball!!!

If we find a way to open up defences of teams like that, i think we will be a force to be rekened with.

consistency is the key to our title challenge

I wonder what alan hansen will say tonight about his beloved liverpool !!![/quote]

He most likely wont be on Match of the day so we wont know :( id love to see the prat give us some praise for once!

P.S - IS anyone else surprised as to how much attention Manure and Chelski have been getting wereas arsenal haven't been mentioned as even possible title contenders! oh well, the good thing about this season is that so far he are winning against 'title challengers' and our main rivals which is vital for a good season

mood

West Ham was just a hickup!... hopefully we'll build on from this again. Scoring 3 goals vs Liverpool should hopefully convince us that we can SCORE now.

Credit to Toure. Man of the match. Bossed the defence. Made good forward runs, and a beautiful one that led to his goal. Excellent assist to RVP - who also assisted Gallas' goals. Gallas has a reputation of scoring in the bigger games.

Everyone played well. Eboue and Clichy were superb at full-backs.

We were not at our best, but we did the job and that's what matters. We cant expect to play the football we did at Reading every week or vs Liverpool for that matter.

Excellent refereeing as well. Carragher should've been sent off, but I feel it's fair for refs to give players benefit of the doubt sometimes and we were already 2-0 up.

RC8

Established Member
I loved this quote from a Liverpool forum:

Today, Liverpool were outcoached, outmanoeuvred, outplayed, outran and outclassed. Simple as that.

I just watched the game again, and we were very good, we did not dominated them in the first half as we are used to do with smaller teams, but our passing was outstanding most of the time, and Eboue and Hleb were class acts.

sesquioxide

Feis-al said:
stuart said:
what a great win for the lads! im so happy for them! hleb was immense as were most of the players but special credit to the back four they were amazing.
no english players, who gives a crap we dont pay to watch overpayed players we pay to watch quality! obviously arsenal are the only team to take this kick it out campaign seriously :)
i was really hoping for henry to score, he could really do with a goal but imo he had a good game....
adebayor will consider himself lucky that we were 3-0 up when he missed that! the worrying thing is that i as well as many others im sure expected him to miss that, as soon as he got free my uncle just sat there calmly 'he's gonna miss lads' and we all knew it! this would not have been the case with henry or rvp

Yes, Adebayor did not manage to score. That was a shame.

But I think it bears reminder that amongst all strikers of Arsenal this season, Adebayor at 70% has the highest "on target" ratio. So let's please stop this "conventional wisdom" junk about Adebayor bottling goal opportunities. Within 10 minutes of him coming on he has already made himself a threat. Many of our other players can't do that.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
I was really impressesd with the way our players played positionally and how they kept closing down Liverpool players.

About that Gallas goal. That was a trained pattern. Gallas could head in, because Flamini (?) pulled away from goal drawing Hyypia out of the zone he had to defend. Gallas ran in the space he created.

So we do train corners. That's a relief.

Arsenal Quotes

When you look at people who are successful, you will find that they aren’t the people who are motivated, but have consistency in their motivation.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom