• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Sheffield United | 23/09/06

gunner_down_under

2-0 would do.......we'll be well confident after this win, and its a good weeks practice before the next game.....with confidence, we can have wengerball flowing!

1 from Henry freekick and screamer of a goal from Rosicky which he scores from inside our box!

daniel

Again I say, we must not be over exited, we all know wha happens when other teams close down and play with 9 players behind the ball...
Smaller teams have seen it's a good defence against us and that it works, so they use it frequently.
Let's hope that it doesn't happen next weekend...

daniel said:
Again I say, we must not be over exited, we all know wha happens when other teams close down and play with 9 players behind the ball...
Smaller teams have seen it's a good defence against us and that it works, so they use it frequently.
Let's hope that it doesn't happen next weekend...

100 % agreed with you. The intend to play long balls (especially when Senderos play) , hard tackling , scores from their only corner / set pieces / shoot of the game and men behind balls.
We did play good passing game but i would like to see our players add speed to their passing and improve on off the ball movements...surely we can unlock 11 defenders! :D

the dawn raids

Established Member
again, fabregas must be rested, but walcott must be involved. if these are the only games walcotts apparently going to get, he should get at least 30 minutes. hopefully more.

sobi_gonner

On TV I saw Sheffield United last Saturday against Reading, they were horrible but again we will have a side which will play 8 or 9 men behind the ball entire match. Like Rosicky I believe Helb & Cesc need to improve shooting ability from outside the box plus we need to improve our scoring rate at set pieces too. Apart from United game we had 15 corners (Avg.) in other 3 games so we must improve in set pieces too. I don’t know if Toure will be fit but if he is not then never mind play Hoyte at left back Gallas moving to centre plus rest Cesc play Beast & play with Theo too. I think we should rotate team & keep our players fit for Porto game too.

mad jens

sheffield's formation will be 10-0-0 so we need to plan carefully....Arsène shld be practicing long shots with rosicky fabregas and hleb and also crossing for eboue

MK5

I'm looking for an extra ticket for this game so if anybody would happen to have a spare, I'd be delighted if you want to get in touch. Really don't want to have to deal with the touts, who still seen to be around the ground even though there are very few "paper tickets" now.

ACE 14

If we dont score early i can see a fustrating day ahead for us, cos they are going to come out and put 10-11 men behing the ball and we have problems breaking teams like that down. if we do score early though it could open the floodgates/

phonics

When was the last time we dominated Sheffield? They always give us a tough game so those who are saying we'll thrash em are basing themselves on nothing apart from that they're newly promoted

non flying dutchman

I can't see even if they put 10 men behind the ball us not coming away with anything other than a win.

They have got a few injuries, and will definately frustrate us, but I can't stress how much yesterdays games has lifted the players, you could see on the players faces how much it meant and how they all were hugging after the win, really has done wonders to our team spirit, which according to cashley was no existent!!

I really think a.hole has done us such a big favour with this serialisation, everyone who has read it just thinks he's a pathetic excuse for a human, and he's put the fire back in the belly of our players after a few comments about them lacking hunger.

phil15

They will get a dodgy free-kick or corner and launch into the area and one of their neanderthal players will thump it in and then they will organise a defensive wall against us and withold our spaces to play our passing around their congested area, stifling us and thus picking up a 1-0 win for them.

Gooner T

henry back in, drop hleb or ljungberg and go 4-4-2 as we are at home and with them likely to pack the defence we are gonna need more prsence up front. everyones confident after the united win, but imo we have played well in every match this season, just havent had the breaks. anyway, we need a goal in the first half, and we'll win 3-0. Thierry DEFINATELY on the scoresheet.

Jameel46

Established Member
let's not forget that sheffield utd won't be as brave as Man utd and try to play football, they'll play like villa, city, & boro, they will play like cowards so the most important thing is to get the first goal and then the flood gates will open.

qs

Established Member
7-0. We're gonna come out at a high tempo and get one early before theyve even settled. We'll be 2 up by the 25th minute. then they'll try to get back into it when we'll bag another 3 before they eventually give up and allow another 2.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
i think sheffield will play a very negative type of football...

i don't think they're stupid enough to play such an open game as manure did against us because truthfully, they can't...

we've won against the mancs 1-0 in an open game, can you imagine what the scoreline might be if we play an open game against them?

thus i believe they will put 9 men in front of the box and 1 player up front just to try their luck...

i'll go with a 2-0 scoreline with us as the winner...

henry 1, rosicky 1 (another sweet long shot ala against hamburg.. a great way to score past 9 players in the box))

Arsenal Quotes

When you grow up with a club and you end up playing for them and winning things, you are from that club. I was born here. I was formulated here.

Liam Brady
Top Bottom