• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Sheffield United | 23/09/06

The Tin God

It will be a tricky game , the blades will just pack the defense.

But i still think we will win.

2-0 ... rosicky and ade to score

daniel

Wednesdayware said:
Gurgen said:
... Adebayor obviously deserves to start the next few games.

Wow, for scoring the one goal? Ade was not strong aganst Man Utd. He spurned a number of chances, and his one-on-one with Ferdinand was terrible. Apart from the goal, he looked like a man destined for being substituted.
Don't agree with you at all... Ade has shown us that he has skill with the ball, and that he can create chances even by himself. It's true that he misses a lot, and that's what he needs to work on. But saying he wasn't good in the ManU game is just boolocks.

I'd go with him as a starter in the next game, ok he misses a lot, but one must go in eventually, and I think we're good as long as we create chances.
One of many must go in.

Adebayor to start, for sure.

awooga83

Established Member
The Tin God said:
It will be a tricky game , the blades will just pack the defense.

But i still think we will win.

2-0 ... rosicky and ade to score

Your right about it being a tricky game,it will be a tricky game for the arsenal fan to keep score of because its going to be a battering, well somone had to say it and we are all thinking it.

tgr

i guess wenger will finally give a start to bap and maybe walcott, our new boys. cesc may get a rest. wenger may not rush henry or v.persie back. but we still have the resources to win the game by more than 2 goals.

Number8

Its vital to get a result, but more importantly we need to still keep outplaying teams. We have that confidence now after beating united in that fashion, we can't ease up and try win ugly. Realistically speaking, we should win this comfortably. A battering would be lovely.

Rohit

Established Member
I think this is the perfect game to give Walcott his debut and get the ball rolling after yesterdays win.Apart from his obvious ability what Walcott will do is a cause a buzz in the Emirates stadium.Going by what has been said on this board,the acoustics of the stadium are fantastic and whatever the noise decibel it does reverberate.

Walcott is a player that can make the 60,000 odd on attendence stand and sing throughout the game as funny as that may sound and that can have a great effect on the players.Patrick said in another thread and i agree that we have played better away than at home,it's taking time to settle in the new stadium and the fans can go a long way in helping the players settle in the new environment.

Also Hleb will get a well earned rest,with Porto coming up midweek.He has played all our preseason and competitive games this season.He looked quite tired when he came off yesterday.

Rosicky needs to get an extended run on the left hand side.

Fabregas needs a rest too and it is the perfect game to give Baptista a start in his place if Henry is unfit.

Lehmann
Eboue Toure Djouou Gallas
Walcott Gilberto Baptista Rosicky
Adebayor Rvp/Henry

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I like the 4-3-3 system we used at Old Trafford. We were fluid in midfield and had that extra man who enabled us to outrun the opposition. The 4-4-2 we play is easier to defend against because from midfield we only pass forwards and sideways, and the opposition can sit behind the ball not having to come out.

We're not able to play those neat little triangles that can pull the opposition out of place so that we can exploit gaps in their defence with just those 2 in the middle. Against Hamburg we effectively had that extra man because the opposition were reduced to ten men, meaning Rosicky was able to play more of his game in-field without us suffering tactically.

Same thing that Barcelona do, and it wears the opposition out. I think we should adopt the 'if it ain't broke don't fix it' approach against Sheff Utd. Name an unchanged XI knowing that we have the flexibility to bring on others and change the game if needed. Maybe Titi could do with the extra rest anyway.

MUTERI

We can't go back to square 1, it should be the 1st league win at Emirates.

I see it 4-0 , an early goal is vital.

Remember we have a CL tie on Tuesday agains Porto, and after 2 tough trips to Hamburg and Manchester I expect Arsène to rest some players .

He might start with Theo, Bap, Flamini, Almunia, It's unusal for AW to make big changes but I think he has to.

Jkreffer

Established Member
I doubt Almunia will play unless Jens is injured. Adebayor deserves to start again and will probably line up with Thierry if he is fit. Walcott will probably have to make do with another substitute appearance I reckon.

daniel

MUTERI said:
We can't go back to square 1, it should be the 1st league win at Emirates.

I see it 4-0 , an early goal is vital.

Remember we have a CL tie on Tuesday agains Porto, and after 2 tough trips to Hamburg and Manchester I expect Arsène to rest some players .

He might start with Theo, Bap, Flamini, Almunia, It's unusal for AW to make big changes but I think he has to.

Almunia won't play for sure, unless Jens is injured or can't play for some other reason.
You just do not rotate goalkeepers when it's not needed... Besides, it's not like Jens is gonna be tired after the match...

But in one thing I agree... I'd give a chance to Theo, maybee even Bap to start... It's a much weaker opponent, and they both deserve to get a chance from the start. I don't think Sheffield will be much of a threat to our goal, but if we come across some problems the easyest thing is to put Henry in the game...
I'd go with Baptista and Ade upfront and Walcott on the right flank...

Jimbo14

Ice Berg legend said:
Jimbo14 said:
Yeah me to mate, where abouts you at? im a yellow quadder!! :lol:
Should see some goals i think!! im lookin forward to it already
I believe I'm in the family enclosure, not sure what quarter it is (havent got used to the colour system), my friend has the tickets so dont know which bit I'm in.

I think we will definitely see either Walcott or the Beast start this match, good oppostunity for them to get some serious playing time under their belts

Ha yeah im in the famliy enc. block 29!! i think the beast mite start

XWA

Mmmm....I've watched all of the games of Arsenal this season, except the Zagreb games and the Man Utd game. I think I see a patern here. Maybe I'll pass the game. Ohw and I think we should play 4-5-1 since it gives us the points. You know it Arsène you want the points.

Viper

Established Member
We played a 442 formation against Hamburg and Zagreb and we still got the points, XWA. Also, we were using the 442 formation whilst we scored against Man Utd.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Big Poppa said:
I like the 4-3-3 system we used at Old Trafford. We were fluid in midfield and had that extra man who enabled us to outrun the opposition. The 4-4-2 we play is easier to defend against because from midfield we only pass forwards and sideways, and the opposition can sit behind the ball not having to come out.

We're not able to play those neat little triangles that can pull the opposition out of place so that we can exploit gaps in their defence with just those 2 in the middle. Against Hamburg we effectively had that extra man because the opposition were reduced to ten men, meaning Rosicky was able to play more of his game in-field without us suffering tactically.

Same thing that Barcelona do, and it wears the opposition out. I think we should adopt the 'if it ain't broke don't fix it' approach against Sheff Utd. Name an unchanged XI knowing that we have the flexibility to bring on others and change the game if needed. Maybe Titi could do with the extra rest anyway.

Yeah , I agree with you , keep the system it seems intuitive to our players and yes if it ain't broke lets not fix it . Lets get in a winning run and hard to beat first and thus lasting self belief ,that will hold us in good stead at places like Anfield and Stamford bridge

I'm just hoping for a comfortable win and to see henry playing. I'm going to the match together with a benelux fan club. Last time I went to highbury (also the only time) henry was injured. Still we beat the spuds that night 1-0 (Reyes) so it was a pretty enjoyable night out. 8)

jester

Established Member
i dont want us to underestimate sheff, liverpool did. Wenger may be tempted to play someone like song who we havent seen in a while. that said, i'd like to see a bit of denilson, if he's ready.
I'd say we should win at least 2-0. But i also thought we should have won all the games up to yesterday, but things have been weird this season.
cesc to be rested? we could easily play rosicky there, or give baptista a go - his stamina and fitness is really improving

zievad

Why unravell all the good work. Play your best 11 and bring the rest on as subs until the team are gelling really well. Then give other players starting roles. The only change I'd make is Walcott on for freddie.

gunner321

We will win, either 1-0 or 2-0.

I think the key is staying tight and aware at the back when they have an inevitable counter attack, dont concede and we will nick a goal or 2 at the other end.

If sheff utd decide to attack us, then i think we will win, but we shouldnt get cocky even after that utd game.

If we concede through a defensive error after dominance as could have happened had ronaldo passed it into the back of the net at the end of the first half, just tighten up, no need to be sloppy at the back.

Arsenal Quotes

Football is a bit like elections. Before it's unpredictable. After it's unexplainable... But there's an opportunity for us to make it unforgettable.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom