• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Sheffield United | 23/09/06

Nutsy

Established Member
Oh well, i was a little right though on my predictions for the 2-0, but 3-0 from an OG? Defintely didnt see that comin! Obviously Man of the match would be William Gallas. At least that's what i Think anyway. Can't believe Sheff Utd was THAT careless.

yeah, I agreed too. That the first half was dreadful. but, in the 2nd half we're alive once again and claim our prize ;D

Canuck

Established Member
Very poor and frustrating first half.
Someone mentioned in here how the speed in attack just isn't there and I can see that. The only players we seem to have you keep things moving at pace going forward are Rosicky and Eboue. Sloppy performance in the first half and the frustration of playing against 10 men back was really showing. Excellent performance from Toure and Djourou when they did get people forward.
Thank F****** God for Hulse's foul that disallowed the goal for them.
A couple very good saves from their keeper.
Second half was much improved though still wasn't as crisp as it could have been. Congrats to Gallas who scored a great goal today. Superbly worked goal for the 3rd. Though Shef. defenders will be wondering why Titi was standing int he middle of the box all alone.
Still much room for improvement though.
Had to laugh at Gilberto's attempted overhead kick in the first half...To be fair, when you're upside down, baldy's head would have looked enough like a ball to kick it.
Anyway, 3 points in the bag, roll on Porto.

biglunn

maxxx said:
Nickáó said:
Sooooooo happy we beat these piggy losers. I'm surprised Warnock's not come up with some lame excuse yet. *****........

He has, in his interview he said "you never get decisions your way at the emirates". :roll:

Warnock is a proper c*nt - I totally dislike the man.

Sounds like a good victory for Arsenal in the end! From what I can tell, it sounds like a game of 2 halves with Arsenal with their overplaying `thru eye of a needle` disease rearing its head first half, and much better more direct football 2nd half.

From what Ive heard, Henry showed the ugly side to his game 1st half - the sulking and moaning. I really dislike this, and I dont think it gets the best out of some of the young players. Ive seen 2 great captains at Arsenal in Tony Adams, and despite them not being as good as Henry as a player, they were a lot better as captains. I remember a young Adams geeing up the players around him. I remember Vieira fighting (literally) on the pitch for the Arsenal cause leading by example with his tireless workrate. Henry has to work on this by looking at the way Vieira/Adams worked and using that to further himself. I think Henry is improving in that respect, but he does still show flashes of petulance. I understand that Henry himself may not be a natural leader and he is learning, and maybe this year he becomes a true captain. One other thing about Henry is the fact that he is too much of a focal point for the team - the rest just want to pass to him. Last weekend at OT, there was no focal point, and every team member took a greater responsibility - and the team were much better for it! Wenger & Henry needs to address this by getting the players to `forget` that Henry is one of the best players in the world and get on with their responsibilities.

2 weeks ago, we were being touted as being rubbish by non-Arsenal fans. Now I say `watch out`. Arsenal might do very very well this season.

Gurgen

Established Member
Anyone who thinks Henry will go back to being the super runner he once was is crazy. He is a completely different player now.

These days he will have a few moments in a game and will make the most of them. Today he had a terrible game but decided the match in our favour with three moments of class.

Nutsy

Established Member
my little poetry :

hey there C***ley Cole,
Did you see our match?
I hope you throw up & watch,
Guess who scored the 1st goal;
some one who'll kick your nokia arse;
none other than our Gallas!

ahhh sheer poetry... :lol:
:lol:

Rodelero

Henry dictates his captaining when he plays well.

As soon as he started playing we got 1-0, 2-0, and 3-0 in the bag.

He lets his feet do the talking.... and when his feet aren't doing the talking our young team fall short.

Hes a brilliant captain... when hes playing well.

eye4goal

Established Member
gunnerama911 said:
How did Baptista play?

He's still finding his way but he used the ball well. Passed nicely to Eboue for the cross that Henry scored from. He looks promising I hope he starts against Porto. His physical presence can rattle them

champions04

Was getting worried after seeing 0-0 at half time. Anyway a wins a win, we have the 3 points and if i'm not mistaken, provided IF we can win our game in hand, we could be a point behind Manchester United. Funny season so far. Well done guys

Nutsy

Established Member
champions04 said:
Was getting worried after seeing 0-0 at half time. Anyway a wins a win, we have the 3 points and if i'm not mistaken, provided IF we can win our game in hand, we could be a point behind Manchester United. Funny season so far. Well done guys

How ironic isn't it, here a team who started their match with so called - 'perfection' was beat up by us, & now they ended up for a draw to the newly promoted team Reading. although i'm not really content with Chavs topping the chart,but hey, we'll beat em to it. we're about 5 points behind ManUre & 7 points behind Chelsea. Don't worry though, we'll catch up! :D those Chavs don't know what'll hit em!

:clap:

maxxx

Anyone know why Wenger looked subdued in the interview after the game. he didn't look happy. Even when we scored he didn't celebrate.

Brick

Gunners_Nadz said:
champions04 said:

How ironic isn't it, here a team who started their match with so called - 'perfection' was beat up by us, & now they ended up for a draw to the newly promoted team Reading. although i'm not really content with Chavs topping the chart,but hey, we'll beat em to it. we're about 5 points behind ManUre & 7 points behind Chelsea. Don't worry though, we'll catch up! :D those Chavs don't know what'll hit em!

:clap:

Well, it seems the time has come for us to retaliate...2004/05 we had an almost perfect score, and since they ended our unbeaten run, everything just collapsed. Haaaaah, take that manure!!!

Nutsy

Established Member
maxxx said:
Anyone know why Wenger looked subdued in the interview after the game. he didn't look happy. Even when we scored he didn't celebrate.

I am not sure, perhaps he's thinking - "sure we won, but we are far from being done" or maybe he still thinks his team could do better. i do agree we could've done better, but throughly i'm content with the win. now, let's focus on FC porto, not a light match to watch here. anyone agree? :)

kheldorin

I don't get why people think that Henry didn't play well in the first half because of his attitude, insinuating that he was lazy and a slacker. Where do they get this ideas from? Why be lazy in the first half only to be hardworking in the 2nd? Shoudn't it be the other way round? It's more probable that the whole team isn't clicking together rather than the fact that Henry is 'lazy'. Wenger has already said that the team will get sharper as they play more matches, so to attribute Henry's poor 1st half performance to laziness is purely stupid. As for Henry's "whining and sulking", compare that to Roy Keane/Adams shouting, Ferguson's hair-dryer treatment and Mourinho's moaning, the Arsenal boys have it easy. Part of growing up is to learn to take criticism. The stronger the criticism, the stronger teams like Chelsea and Man U get.

cubbz_th14

cant ****ing believe match of the day on bbc - they discuss every game expect the arsenal - highlights and ok lets move on - ****ing disgusting !

DBmagik10

CHEERS guys. just got back home after having something like 15 pints. watched the match in a pub with a like 100 inch screen.
yikes, better forget the 1st half it was unreal how bad we were.
but the gallas goal, ah, have i ever wanted a better guy to break the deadlock. he is already a legend. i've never seen someone so open in his emotion of enjoying the game. he loves it here. its like all his dreams have come true.
and watching baps on that giant screen was something else. God, he's HUGE and whoever said he lacks pace no way. this guy is a MESMERISER with his direct runs into the opposition area and defenders backing off from him. no one wants to get stuck in to him. they probably figure they'll be stuck out.
on a final note guys WE'RE BACK!!!!!!

Shahram

cubbz_th14 said:
cant f****g believe match of the day on bbc - they discuss every game expect the arsenal - highlights and ok lets move on - f****g disgusting !

Thats because of that c**t Mark f****** Lawrsensen. The bas***d.

XxGoonaStuxX

Gurgen said:
Anyone who thinks Henry will go back to being the super runner he once was is crazy. He is a completely different player now.

I disagree, fundamentally Henry is the same player as he has always been for us. Did you not see him pick the ball up on the left all throughout the 2nd half and run down that left wing like he has done for us (so tremendously) for the past 5 years. He's only 29 and naturally athletic he will remain fast, probably until he's around 35 years I bet.

Arsenal Quotes

"Maybe we'll have a good surprise for you"

Arsène hints at transfer activity a day before the arrival of Mesut Özil
Top Bottom