• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Sheffield United | 23/09/06

Jammy

cubbz_th14 said:
cant f****g believe match of the day on bbc - they discuss every game expect the arsenal - highlights and ok lets move on - f****g disgusting !

Yeah it's well annoying, they always seem to play our highlights last now.. probably to keep people tuned in till the end?

gun4glory

77625.jpg

*Backround Music: R Kelly - I Believe I Can Fly!*

JazzG

Established Member
Was quite busy today so didn't follow the match on the radio, only checked the score with 30mins to go it was 0-0 so thought here we ****ing go again, a win against the mancs and now this but glad the boys pulled through and won.

Good to hear Henry getting in the swing of things again and nice to see Gallas score as well. Even though some say he shouldn't wear the No.10 shirt he sure can finish like a No.10!

[edit]

Also Freddie needs a goal badly, though with him when he is playing poorly he will stay injury free but as soon as he hits some form he will break down :x

polar87

JazzG said:
Was quite busy today so didn't follow the match on the radio, only checked the score with 30mins to go it was 0-0 so thought here we f****g go again, a win against the mancs and now this but glad the boys pulled through and won.

Good to hear Henry getting in the swing of things again and nice to see Gallas score as well. Even though some say he shouldn't wear the No.10 shirt he sure can finish like a No.10!

i like that bit, i still remember his goal last season, it was a scorcher, (cant remember who it was against though)

H also looks really solid despite only joining us recently

JazzG

Established Member
It was against Sp**s I think, he hit it in the top corner from outside the box. He has a good shot on him and gets goals so that is another plus for us. He gets into great positions into the box and that is something new for us.

polar87

JazzG said:
It was against Sp**s I think, he hit it in the top corner from outside the box. He has a good shot on him and gets goals so that is another plus for us. He gets into great positions into the box and that is something new for us.

yep thats the one, it was also in the dyeing moments, he got the winnder for Chelshi*

Druid

despite the win though i felt we could have done better. personally i think gilberto would make a better captain than henry. the team seems to be playing with much more confidence when gilberto's captain

Burnwinter

Established Member
About Henry's first half performance: watching the match, Martin Tyler repeatedly speculated that Henry had been instructed to remain in an advanced position from the start of play.

Don't know whether that's true, but there could be a few reasons - perhaps he's not fully match fit, so a "lazy" first half allows him to play out the match without exacerbating his injury or tiring. Perhaps Wenger thought we could benefit by getting the Sheff Utd defenders used to one style of play and then inflicting a deeper, wider Henry on them after half time. Or perhaps it was just a tactical mistake on Wenger's part that he fixed at the break.

Lukazan

Established Member
It was a win and that was the main thing. Man U was a huge spring leap and now, including today's game, we have a bunch of very easy fixtures. We win them all and we put ourselves in a very good position indeed.

A loss or draw today would have been close to disastrous IMO. No point going to Man U and winning and then not picking up all 3 points to a team like Sheffield at home.

Nutsy

Established Member
DBmagik10 said:
CHEERS guys. just got back home after having something like 15 pints. watched the match in a pub with a like 100 inch screen.
yikes, better forget the 1st half it was unreal how bad we were.
but the gallas goal, ah, have i ever wanted a better guy to break the deadlock. he is already a legend. i've never seen someone so open in his emotion of enjoying the game. he loves it here. its like all his dreams have come true.
and watching baps on that giant screen was something else. God, he's HUGE and whoever said he lacks pace no way. this guy is a MESMERISER with his direct runs into the opposition area and defenders backing off from him. no one wants to get stuck in to him. they probably figure they'll be stuck out.
on a final note guys WE'RE BACK!!!!!!

Hell yeah you bet we're back on the run! and this we got swapped with C***ley Cole. well guess what!? We don't need his stinking armpits boning up in the locker room now we have Gallas. anyway, i watched the Fulham match at the very last minute there, someone stepped on his leg, The Fulham, yeah the C*** went down screaming, but there was only foul given i think, no RED card to the guy who stepped on him. Funny, when Ballack did that, he got a red card! :shock:

nazo

Established Member
Imo, we were poor and could've done better. I think we took it easy and didn't really push that hard. We got 3 goals from 3 good Henry plays (ps, Henry was awful today and if it wasn't for him being involved in all three goals, everyone would be *****ing about him for sure)

Djourou was great, Eboue's cross for the third goal was inch perfect and the rest of the team were average or above average at best.

Overall, we were efficient and i'm content with the 3 points we got today.

Nutsy

Established Member
MsianGonners (Erwan) said:
maxxx said:
Nickáó said:
Sooooooo happy we beat these piggy losers. I'm surprised Warnock's not come up with some lame excuse yet. *****........

He has, in his interview he said "you never get decisions your way at the emirates". :roll:

Warnock is a Warnock..excuses are in their mind.. :x

Warnock is just inventing excuses. what a warthog. have u seen how he has been reacted yeaterday? oy.. what a C***! Cheers mate

Nutsy

Established Member
Shahram said:
cubbz_th14 said:
cant f****g believe match of the day on bbc - they discuss every game expect the arsenal - highlights and ok lets move on - f****g disgusting !

Thats because of that c**t Mark f****** Lawrsensen. The bas***d.

I think the guy can't handle that Arsenal has won another game after crushing ManUre's spirit - hell ManUre ended a draw. so, i think sheer resentment from the bastard. ;lol: we still have 3 points up & we're on our way! :D

kingcarmelo

Didn't get to wach the game but i did watch the chelsea game. I was loving the fact that ashley cole plays like s**** for chelsea and the fulham crowd were giving it to him then he got hes knee stepped on and the player didnt get a red card ahah :lol:

If that wasnt good enough i see gallas scored ahah the perfect day 8)

Reyes no.11

guys guys, djrourou dominates against sheffield utd and hes better than senderos already? i don't think so.

also, ljungberg is so bad its not funny. i feel sorry for sweden cause hes their captain and hard to get rid of him. we have a beckham situation here. only that beckhams final balls is 100 times better than ljungbergs

Shadow Moses

Established Member
Don't know if this has been mentioned already but it seems like the team is now relying on crosses when teams pack the middle of the pitch. Maybe we are finally developing a plan B or not but the number of crosses must have at least quadrupled. I noticed about 4 or 5 crosses in succession just after Henry's header was saved by UTD's keeper in the first half. A first for Arsenal?

invisibleman18

Established Member
Just managed to watch the game.
Wasn't a particularly great performance but important, and relieving to get that 1st league win at the new home.
Great to see Gallas come up with a goal and good to see Henry back and involved in all 3 goals, setting up 2 and scoring 1. Fantastic cross from Eboue right onto Henry's head. Toure had an excellent game as usual and had a few good moments in the final 3rd, one excellent run in particular, crossing perfectly for Henry to force a good save from the keeper, and another chance he made for himself, firing into the side netting. Djourou again was impressive at times winning the ball back but he did seem to go forward and lose the ball, getting himself into trouble a few too many times.
All in all, good to get 3 points at home in what was a reasonably tough game until we scored. And good to see some players actually getting into the middle when we put in a cross.

Arsenal Quotes

I cannot classify the moments of happiness and of sadness, but every defeat is a scar in your heart that you never forget.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom