• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Wolves | November 11th | KO: 16:30 GMT|

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

We were bad because we conceded a lot of chances to the opposition. But we always carried a goal threat. We got the first part down tonight, the second not until the 75th minute.
And we carried that goal threat because we had a bit more physically over our opponents. We were really really clinical, it was bound to dip

ptrcopp

Emery is missing many players specially in the flanks. We don't have proper wingers and only one good fullback. Given he likes to stretch the game and play on the wings, Emery needs two wingers and a LB. One CB to play with Holding. That's five signings and then we can challenge for top three.

------------------- Aueb/Laca ------------
Winger ------------- Özil ---------- Winger
----------------- Xhaka ---- Torriere ------
- LB ---------- Holding ----- CB ------ Bellerin
----------------------- Leno ---------------------

This is definitely too far. Yes we looked like we would concede all game, but it was the period between when Iwobi went off and Ramsey came on that our attack was stifled. What we were lacking was a player to take a gamble with a run, either with or without the ball.
I agree that a winger would do that, but we don’t need all of what you say. We haven’t played with a proper winger all season but we have looked dangerous without one, even if this is mostly in the second half.
I also agree we need a left back, but that is less urgent. We have two options there, and sufficient back up. I think the same goes for centre back. Sokratis looks the top CB we haven’t had for a while. While Kosh certainly won’t come back the player he was, he will still be a good option.

City didn’t implode like all our fans seem to think we have after one poor result. Against the same team, no less.

There were things we should be worried about sure; the lack of support for our CBs (though this hasn’t happened all season), some strange substitutes from Emery (I think, though, most of his subs have been spot on most of the season, and his latter two made up for the first) and our poor passing (but that hasn’t exactly been the story of our season - look at some of the goals we scored!)

But let’s stop the attacks on the team. It’s worth noting that there was no support from a full crowd today. They were either silent or jeering. If we go back to that we’re soomed to fail

ptrcopp

Leno, Torreira and maybe Holding the only ones to come out of that with any credibility.

Leno - 8
Bellerin - 5
Mustafi -5
Holding - 6
Kolasinac - 4
Xhaka - 4
Torreira - 7
Iwobi - 4
Özil - 5
Auba -4
Lacazette - 5

Ramsey?

m-due

It will be interesting to see how the top four shapes up after the next 4 games. We have to raise our game to be in the mix. Points will be dropped that’s for sure.

Chelsea v. Sp**s/Fulham/Wolves/City
Sp**s v. Chelsea/Arsenal/Southampton/Leicester
Arsenal v. B’mouth/Sp**s/Man Utd/Huddersfield

Reactions: A_G

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
We might even go below utd if we lose to them at OT. Their next few fixtures are easy compared to ours.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Honeymoon over, Emery out?

I'm kidding, not sure everyone else is. I wonder, again, if all these unnecessary outings aren't tiring the team out.

I sincerely hope we play youth teams in the last two group games of the Europa league.
Monreal had played more minutes than anyone at the club when he got injured, despite not having a full pre-season. Definitely question marks about Emery's management of him in particular.

blaze_of_glory

Palace was disappointing mate I thought :lol:. Today was disappointing because we let ourselves down.
I was disappointed in that as well when it happened, but considering the run we had been were on I was fine with it. Have to drop points eventually and all that. This felt worse because we should have been back on the upswing again.

ptrcopp

The fact is, since Emery has come in we've been a shadow of our former attacking selves. We have been creating less chances. Basically zero threat from set pieces. The only thing that has been good for us is that we were converting at a much better rate than usually. The problem is, it's hard to keep that conversion level up when you're barely having any chances.

I agree we haven’t had as many sustained attacking periods, but to think what we have now is much better than what we did.
Two main points:
1) Apart from today, we have look much more focused in attack, which has helped with the shot conversion. No longer (apart from today) is there a clear split between attack and defence and very little organisation in final third.
2) Part of the reason for it is that we aren’t committing as many men forward which allows us to either intercept a counter or get back quickly (again this didn’t happen today). No longer is the CMs and FBs bombing on join the ST and leaving the CBs isolated (part from today).

MikeVinna

Established Member
We were crazy lucky to get away with anything here. We went all out and they could have gotten like 3 goals on the counter. Leno was our best player by far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If you eat caviar everyday, it's difficult to return to sausages

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom