• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Liverpool vs Arsenal | December 29th | KO: 17:30 | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

juice man

Can't make his mind up
Mustafi-Sokratis. No Koscielny thanks, he’s washed up and needs replacing. I wouldn’t ridicule him for trying to win in a positive way. And looks like I don’t understand how we are playing because I thought we played 5 at the back.
Yeah my point (and has been for few weeks now) that he doesn't have a plethora of options, especially in defence. You argue the Laca thing either way - but IMO Laca hasn't been at his best for a little while now and I think its the right call to sacrifice him and play another defender or midfielder against this Liverpool side.

I think we have a real personnel issue. I'm looking at the bench and struggling to think what he could have done differently to avoid this result.

But stopgaps can help this team get back into the CL. Look at Liverpool, they signed Matip who's a middle of the road player but he helped them get top 4 which enabled them to push on and get VVD. Sokratis can do a similar job.

Leno I honestly think has been fine other than dealing with crosses.

Yeah you are right. Even after today we will still have chance of top4 if we get our **** together after new year! Hopefully we get top4 and can start to look build something more special than we are watching now!

Reactions: A_G

Taxi Driver

To top things off, us losing the game is not the worst thing - it's the fact that they'll probably win the league now.

Might take a sabbatical after that.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Yeah this must be Emery's fault :lol:

Literally four individual mistakes, defenders have completely bottled it at Anfield once again. Shock.
One, I agree, but four?! So many Individual mistakes come from the lacking of a proper system!!

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

GIF-Salah-penalty.gif

He’s done it before aswell.

Cheat.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

What’s annoying is that when we continue to buy dross in the summer fans will still say “I don’t see the problem with the signing, fills in a gap in the squad & is probably a stop gap” etc etc looool it’s not true. The board need to pull their finger out

MLK79

Elite Drama Queen
Would be interested to see that. We've been an absolute circus at the back today, but I think we've seen far worse from Wenger on many occasions IMO.
We really are worse mate. Under Wenger a bad season was giving up 40 goals. And that was more in the last two or so seasons. We are on track to give up almost 60 this season.

Our attacking stats has gone from generally being in the top 4 to being in the bottom 7. The same with our defensive stats.

Even with our unbeaten streak, this has been a piss poor season. It's just been hidden by profligacy by our opponents and Auba being clinical.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Well it seem he wasn't the fault because all the goals we conceded were mistakes from defense. So even if we go defensive we'd still concede because we got no defender that can take responsibility all they do is panic

We need better organization to not allow them to go to final third so easy.If we expect from Mustafi and Sokratis to win every duel in dangerous area,we are ****ed.

HBL

Established Member
One, I agree, but four?! So many Individual mistakes come from the lacking of a proper system!!
Do they f*ck

Torreira gives the ball away in a dodgy area and then Mustafi/sokratis dive in like lunatics.
Kolasinac one was just a terrible back pass
Fourth goal is awful from Sokratis.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
People were expecting us to.finish 6th and have patience and accept we need a couple seasons to.leave the Wenger era behind and improve the squad. Get rid of bad contracts etc etc

Then now that we are having a predictable rough patch with injuries and all , suddenly people talking about the end of Unai. Shut up please

Beg to differ. If you look back at the expectations thread you'll find I asked for Top 4 to consider Emery a success.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
I was gonna call it an early night after The game to be up bright and early to wat h The ufc

Now if we lose I will be too mad to go to bed
If we miraculasly win I will be so extatic i wont be able to!

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

It was 100% a pen.

1st goal was luck
2nd goal was Torreira, Mustafi and Sokratis at fault.
3rd goal was Kolasinac
4th goal was sokratis

Shambolic individual errors.

First three, bang on.

Third was purely down to the kind of reffing error you only ever get the benefit from when in Pool’s league position.

Pretty irrelevant in the context of the game but you you see **** like this every week - hell even we used to benefit from those types of calls, back in the day!

boyinneedofhumor

Anyone that blames either the referee or the opponents do not see the need to reprimand our players, or prefer to go easy.

What separates a great team from an average one is their intolerance/tolerance for errors.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

Can’t do with this five at the back anymore either, just inviting pressure at this point.

Five defenders and we are a shambles defensively. I don't know how much it's going to cost to make us a solid unit. I don't think it's a case of coaching the errors out of our current defence - they are too far gone for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

In June 1996, David Dein, Peter Hill-Wood and Danny Fiszman came out to Nagoya to meet me on behalf of Arsenal. Within an hour we came to an agreement. The Japanese directors didn't try to keep hold of me in the usual way but talked with persuasive arguments... But as far as I was concerned, the decision was taken. Arsenal. A decision that would change my life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom