• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Manchester City vs Arsenal | 26/08/06

DC Gunner

Established Member
dublingunner said:
If you're talking about over the course of one, maybe two games, you can perhaps say we were unlucky. However, if you're talking about over the course of a whole season, for example our away form last season, you can't possibly say it was bad luck that our form was so shiit.

I believe that the last 3 games we've played, against Villa, DZ and Man City were too similar in terms of the criticisms levelled against Arsenal to say it was solely bad luck. In other words, there is a real and dangerous weakness in our team ATM. Whether it can be solved by improved sharpness I don't know but am beginning to doubt seriously. It's something wrong with our mentality.
Like I said, if it looks the same, sounds the same, ends the same then it is almost systematic.

UnLucky just does not explain it.

osugunner

We have absolutely no fire in this team.. someone needs to come in and kick some sense into these guys. I'm tired of watching us lose games because no one gets fired up. Where's the passion and drive come from in this team? Do we even have a true leader among these guys?

MancunianGunner

I always thought it was wrong to appoint Henry as captain. Our team is too dependent on him when he plays, whereas when he doesnt play they seem to play a lot more relaxed. Lehmann should have been captain, they are not going to look up to him to score a goal. We cant win a game when Henry is not up for it, but we can crush any team in the world when Henry does feel up for it. He has been a lot more consistent the last couple of years than he has in the past but I never liked the idea of appointing a striker as a captain. Should always be either the goalkeeper, the CB, CM or DM. Someone from the spine of the team.

I'm sure the main reason he was appointed captain was to get him to stay in Arsenal, which is not a good reason in my book.

and Hoyte will be ripped apart when we play against man u. hopefully flamini will play then. I mean how much longer can wengers patience last? Although he is know to be a very patient man so it might not be until january.

kooldawg

Established Member
don't worry, If this season goes down the drain theres always next time and out mighty youngsters will carry us on their shoulders after the "transition period" which will prob last 2 seasons until they get enough experience to be termed as being ready to take on the best finally.

Ok sarcastic rant over hehe :D

But seriously, Henry was a big influence on this game, he needs to be match fit and focused if we are to succeed, if Henry's performing then that brings confidence to the rest of the guys, we can certainly do it!! And as i said before, dont worry if we suck this year, there's always next time.

patrick42uk

Established Member
this was henry's second start but you already see the improvement from his last game. he's getting there. he's not 100% but his brain is still sharp. lets not forget that for 2 of his 3 chances i was his fantastic movement that got him in that situation. even unfit he makes things happen. ok he didnt finish them off today, but what of the next game or the game after that? he will come good, we all know this.

LeBoss

I'm really dreading this Man U. game now. I hate it when we lose to the other top 4 teams, but I'm afraid the way we're going I don't expect anything but a wallop at Old Trafford serevd with a smile by SAF. The guys need to come good fast, but Henry is saying he won't ready til October. Well, guess we have to hope all is not loss by then....

Muppy

Henry has time and time again shattered all of my doubts about him. Be it whether he's back from injury or in the Champion's League. When he's not scoring he's creating a goal. This guy will keep playing like a god until the end of his career.

chandraraj

what can i say? we had our chances but could not kill the game.

somehow i have faith in this team. we will definitely do better than last season. don't ask me how. in the last two games, we had a lot of possession. it's only a matter of hitting the back of the net, and i feel wenger would be able to find a way to do it.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hli ... +positives

wenger's comments leaves me bewildered. he didnt admit the fault and yet change the topic and talk about positives. and even said until this loss was ok to accept and no new signing was needed. and there is henry again, whining and whining when we lose a game, but he got a point though.

seriously, from recent games, henry finishing has been poor since the CL final. its often weak and no real placing.

whoztheman

some ridiculous opinions in here.....we arent scoring because reyes isnt playing? funnee.

on the game......henry was terrible...he was so poor i felt like giving him money...

was never impressed with hoyte in the last couple of seasons and he has shown us all now he isnt good enough to play for arsenal....

i think we can kiss the premiership goodbye. hope we can achieve something in the champions league now.

Jasper

It was hilarious how we had over 100 passes completed on the ManCity byline while our scorboard still read 0 (zero, nada)

How do other teams do it? They cross the ball in and someone just bangs it into goal. Oh how it looks so simple and easy.

gunn3rs3

v Man City

After watching the highlights I have these conclusions,ref Rennie was poor, Fab was clearly fouled before they went on for the pen and I dont believe that Hoyte new Sinclair was that close behind him, also to me it looked like that V Persie was pushed in the penalty area,we were unlucky with the attempts that hit the woodwork,but why oh why dont we shoot when we get to the edge of the penalty area,we can see it cant the coaches and AW see it? even if the shots are blocked or get deflected at least it could create a chance or a goal.How much longer till TH14 actualy gets his touch and full fitness back?After that performance thinking that we could actuallly do with some one like Baptista,to give us more strength and presence, I think Ade should have aspell in the reserves to try and give him more confidence as he does try hard but he just hasnt got that edge. bit ironical that yesterday Lupoli gets a hat trick and Bendtner has been scoring as well.
On the Cole and Reyes front I think they should be got rid soon as poss,if we get Gallas that would be brilliant,and Macherano would be excellent.

Fredrock

Big Poppa said:
Am I the only one who thought Djourou had a more than decent game? He's actually comfortable enough to come out of defence with the ball and have enough composure to open up the game with an intelligent pass. Very much reminiscent of a young Gallas at Marseille. He's also very commanding in the air, and has great positioning for his age.

I thought he was brilliant yesterday. Along with Gilberto he is the only one who can hold their heads up high today. Kolo never plays badly, but those two really showed composure and a hell of a will to do something. Hoyte looks nervous, but hopefully he can grow.

The whole game, i was watching it on telly, I was screaming for the team to shoot the f******g ball!! I am so frustrated at this unwillingness to shoot. I know the Arsenal way of things is to walk or pass the ball into the net, but the shooting opportunities the players disregarded yesterday were too good to turn down. Why don't they shoot? Is it Wenger telling them not to? Is it the obsession with giving TH14 the ball all the time? I mean, RvP and Rosicky have got mean shots, why not shoot?

-thierry-

Wenger's comments are not far from infuriating. We've just lost to a team we usually beat with ease, and a team that was thrashed only a week ago by a 'physically not ready' Chelsea team. I love the guy but i'm getting sick of the constant positive outlook when the negatives blantantly outweigh them, every week we have to look at the 'potential'. We've now missed our chance to get an early lead over Chelsea, and we have 1 point from what many predicted would have been an easy 6.

Yes, we're not at our physical peak, but no-one is, and they're still winning games. Yes, we had 16 players at the world cup, , but only a select few are still suffering from this ( Thierry, Phil), and, guess what, we're not the only team that had players on international duty.

I know it's only the second game, but, we already find ourselves chasing the teams we need to be competing with and from what we've seen it really doesn't bode well. We're not sharp, physically or mentally, and the players are yet to get their 'connnection' with each other, of course.

However, what i'm worried about are the long term problems, for instance our one dimensional gameplan that can in no way be altered to suit the game we're playing in. As a result of this teams now know how to play against us, rough us up, play the majority of your team behind the ball, and nick a goal if you can (from a set-piece). We need to sort this out, and fast, unless we want a fight for fourth once more ( Looks unlikely to be with Spuds though :lol: )

I'm not sure what we need to change, but i'm glad it's not my job, although shooting would be a welcome change.

Anyway, i've finished my rant, bring on Boro'...

P.S. Please don't reply saying ' jeez what's up with all the neurotic fans, we've only played two games FFS!!', it gets kind of tired.

P.P.S. Rosicky was awesome though

jackycreegs

whoztheman said:
some ridiculous opinions in here.....we arent scoring because reyes isnt playing? funnee..

arsenal player with most assists in the premier league last season was..... jose antonio reyes.

jackycreegs

Re: v Man City

gunn3rs3 said:
I dont believe that Hoyte new Sinclair was that close behind him

so? surely that's his fault. i don't see how there can be any debate about that being a penalty. it was pretty much as clear cut as they come.

i also don't understand why there's been no mention of cesc being taken down by dunne in the city area (it wasn't even included in the motd highlights). i thought that was more of a penalty than the shove on van persie.

jackycreegs

and i hate the way wenger gives the players excuses not to do well. "we're not physically ready yet". don't ****ing say that to your players!!! it's hardly gonna put them in the mood to play at their best.

it's like when the unbeaten run ended against united and wenger came out and said "this is a big blow to us, it will take some time to recover", and low and behold we start playing like turkeys and losing games. i don't see how losing one game in fifty should be a massive blow, unless you make it one yourself.

in general i don't think wenger instills as much confidence in his players as other managers do. we look too tentative.

obviously wenger is massively better than other managers in many other different ways. i wouldn't swap him for anyone. it just makes me maaaaaaad.

anyone for joey barton and cesc in midfield together? we could do with someone who gets stuck in and goes forward with real purpose.

aleminio

We have a problem against teams that crowds all in the middle.- "bunker ".
I think we had a fantastic first half, not the tactics fault that henry missed so much.
But after they have luckly scored, as i said, they were only defending, and we don't know how to crack it.

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
aleminio said:
We have a problem against teams that crowds all in the middle.- "bunker ".
I think we had a fantastic first half, not the tactics fault that henry missed so much.
But after they have luckly scored, as i said, they were only defending, and we don't know how to crack it.
Sad but true :cry:

Arsenal Quotes

People say why I did lie on the floor after the goal, they think I was tired. But I think I was a lot cleverer than people thought.

Charlie George reveals it was all a time-wasting plan after the double winning goal

Latest posts

Top Bottom