• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Manchester United vs Arsenal | 17/09/06

Shadow Moses

Established Member
I've come to this silly little conclusion that if Henry doesn't play and Gilberto captains the side we will get something at Manure.

We've played 6 games this season: Gilberto captained 3 = 3 wins.

Linson

I say force Flamini to play LB. I'm usually one for respecting players decisions on a lot of matters but he will just have to take one for the team and promise him a start or something in return against Sheff Utd?
I stick by my 4-5-1 offensive formation I posted in the formations and tactics topic.
Here it is: -

------------------Lehman--------------------
---Eboue---Toure---------Djourou----Gallas--
------------------Gilberto-------------------
-----------Fabregas-------Rosicky-----------
---Hleb--------------------------Van Persie--
------------------Henry---------------------

PS sorry to be a bit off topic with the formation but given our circumstance I think this would be perfect!

Pablos_CZ

how to pronounce Rosický

skatingtortoise said:
(also, does anyone know the right pronunciation for our man tomas? i hear the commentators calling him rosicksky, but i have a feeling theyre not sure themselves, and copying each other...)
Well as far as I know, the best way to explain the correct pronounciation for you English folks is as follows: Ross-its-kee (or Ross-its-key - as it's pretty much the same). And the correct way to write his name is: Tomáš Rosický BTW: Are there some internet TVs broadcasting EPL matches? :wink:

Clarkey

How is Ryan Garry doing since he's been back, Wenger could always be sticking with Hoyte and Gallas until he deems Ryan back in the running for the spot.

Pablos_CZ

- Åñð®éw - said:
and its :

ror-sits-skey... (rosicky)
Definitely without that "r"...ro-sits-skey...could be fine but without pronounce "Ro" as "row"...HAVE to be "ro" asi in "Ross" or "Ron" or "Robbery" or whatever...and at the end you should use long form..I mean "kee"...coz using just "ki" is incorrect as you would make Tomáš Russian...again "Ross-its-kee" is the best way to pronounce it. Can't wait the upcomming match - 2:1 fot us :)

Rohit

Established Member
Linson said:
------------------Lehman--------------------
---Eboue---Toure---------Djourou----Gallas--
------------------Gilberto-------------------
-----------Fabregas-------Rosicky-----------
---Hleb--------------------------Van Persie--
------------------Henry---------------------

PS sorry to be a bit off topic with the formation but given our circumstance I think this would be perfect!

We played that sort of a formation last season against Chelsea at Highbury didn't we ? And we looked good that day,started of well hit the post and had a goal wrongly disallowed for offside.

In that formation i'd keep Rosicky on the left,play Hleb in the centre with Fabregas and RvP on the right wing.

But i don't see us shifting from a 4-4-2.United will come hard,will play at a very high tempo ( something we have not managed to do in a long time ) and be aggresive.If we play with just one man on top it will effectively reduce our counter attacking threat i reckon.

Also i really liked the way Hleb and RvP played last night,their understanding was good,whenever Hleb drifted in RvP went wide and as we have seen for Holland and us in the past he is brillant coming in from he right,can go past players with ease,he is a mirror image of Henry drifting and coming in from the left.
It helps us stretch the defense and maintain width too,if Rosicky and Henry can re-create that Henry-Pires like understanding and RvP,Hleb display the same as last night with Eboue bombing forward,we'll be a very big threat in the final third.

We just need to match United on desire,hunger,urgency and aggresion and we'll win because we have more quality.

There are some who want Ljungberg to start because he gives us experience and grit,but do not underestimate the determination of both Hleb and Rosicky,they may not have the hatred but they don't lack fight and have much more to their game than Ljungberg,it's upto Wenger to rouse the team.

brianodom

Being serious for a sec if Arsenal can play uptempo they will win, th problem is their lack ofagressiveness We have the skill but lack the killer instinct that it will take to get out of this funk.

After last nites game i liked the way we played but need to turn up the juice against the red machine if we start popping shots from all over the place we'll be successful if you don't believe me go watch the 49 unbeaten video..Arsenal shot from all over the dang place.. thats my 2 cents and a half..lol :eek:ops:

dublingunner

Established Member
Rohit said:
We just need to match United on desire,hunger,urgency and aggresion and we'll win because we have more quality.

I agree, if by aggression you mean not shying out of tackles or allowing ourselves to be bossed physically. The others, desire and urgency should be there in bucketloads, anyone who's not completely up for this match shouldn't be an Arsenal player. And we simply need the result more.

Ginger_Reyes

Its obvious that the team is set hell bent on European glory, thats why Vieira was shedded. As long as its like this we don't have a hells chance of winning the league.

European Glory is on Wengers mind. With us, us, as the fall guys.

Europe can't be won like this and I worry about what will happen on sunday.

Rohit

Established Member
dublingunner said:
Rohit said:

I agree, if by aggression you mean not shying out of tackles or allowing ourselves to be bossed physically. The others, desire and urgency should be there in bucketloads, anyone who's not completely up for this match shouldn't be an Arsenal player. And we simply need the result more.

Desire and urgency may be there in bucketloads but that still doesn't mean it's more than that shown by United.As much as i hate them there is something about Fergusson's teams that has kept them winning.It's those intangibles that can't be explained by words.

When a midfield of C.Ronaldo,John O Shea,Carrick and Darren Fletcher,with all due respect to these players dominates an Arsenal midfield of Ljungberg/Hleb,Rosicky,Cesc and Gilberto we'll question where the bucketloads of desire and urgency vanished.

We'll see on Sunday,but it has happened in the past.

Muppy

In recent times, it seems that United have found a way to shut out Henry. Henry just some how doesn't seem to get into the game like he does in other big games. Against Chelsea, Juventus, Madrid, Liverpool and the likes, he has been brilliant. Against United its different.

I feel that its great if Walcott were to come out at some point. It seems that new players playing against United always shine like Reyes and Hleb did. Anyway, i really doubt Henry will be the one on the scoresheet, it has to come from some other player.

I think Fabregas and Adebayor will score

IBL

Established Member
No RvP could mean a start for the Beast. Put him up head-to-head with that Neville tw@t, lets see that prick trying the same dirty tactics on Baptista.

Ade and Baptista doesnt really point to us having much creativity up fron, it's more brute force than anything from those two. The smart play will have to come from the wings and through Cesc, Eboue will need to work on that final ball as he gets into great crossing positions.

i have a strange feeling we are going to get something from this game, too many people writing us off

im happy van persie is doubtful this is exactly the type of big game where he disappears. i think 4-5-1 is in order here

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal is in my blood as well as my heart. I will always, always, always remember you guys. I said I was going to be a Gooner for life and I did not lie because when you are a Gooner, you will always be a Gooner. This club is in my heart and will remain in my heart forever.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom