• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Manchester United vs Arsenal | 17/09/06

Tony Montana

Established Member
Fergie is better at rousing his players for big premiership games than Wenger in my opinion. At least when it comes to Liverpool and Arsenal. If we even score i'll eat my hat. It's not about the actual football, it's about the will to win. Manure don't care about winning ugly against us. And anyway, they're more direct than us.

IBL

Established Member
Jameel46 said:
Ice Berg legend said:
lazyfreak said:
If Wenger still keeps Gallas at LB then what about Eboue moving to CB and Hoyte at RB instead.
You really live up to your name with that suggestion :)

Eboue actually can play at CB,
so we should risk playing him there against against the in-form team in their backyard? He may well be able to play there but I dont think anyone wants to see him play there for this match especially seeing as we have two perfectly good fit CBs already in Djourou and Gallas. Hoyte will just need to get more help on his side from Gilberto and the LM

zievad

Play Hleb at LM then as he does a lot defensively? Or even, flamini. Just a thought. Haven't really mulled it over as yet?

Jameel46 said:
alexei.romanov said:
zievad, YOu have been okayed.

Football, lads. We hate Liverpool a lot, more. As we do City. It's football, it's all a part and parcel of the banter. Wouldn't it be boring if we're all nice about each others clubs all the time? Of course it would. I love the banter between our clubs. It's great.

Still think you're Southern softies though.

we just have minds that can see the situation better. :D

Of course you do...How stupid of me...

jaguars4ever

Northerners!? I heard legends about them but I wasn't sure if they really existed.

As for the game, we simpley MUST come up with a alternative at LB. Period. Hoyte may be a promising defender, but he can't cut it as a LB against Man U. Surely Flamini would at least be a better stop-gap solution than Hoyte. Alas, Arsène will probably play Hotyte. I can't see Gallas playing LB if Toure is out. I hope Toure get fit in time!

zievad

Ok, I know this may seem way off the radar here and a little extreme but as we are short in the defensive area and have an immense amount of midfielders, how about a 3-5-2. Seriously, Gallas is adept at both CB and LB so play him at LB in a 352 with Toure in the middle and Eboue on the flank. Gilberto can lie really deep as he does and then we can have Walcott/Ljungberg on the left, Rosicky / Fabregas in the middle and Ljungberg/v Persie on the right with Adebayor / Beast up front with Henry. Seems feasible to me. :D

Tony Montana

Established Member
Army of Me said:
zievad said:
Don't worry, not your fault you northern monkey. :D
he's a man utd fan, of course he's not from the north.

essex i'm guessing.

In central manchester there are more hardcore city fans according to this cab driver i spoke to last season when we played city but it's ridiculous to say the majority of fans who turn up to Old Trafford are southerners. They just have a huge fan base. Who cares?

I know you were joking anyway.

tgr

if flamini refuse to play as LB, try freddie?
he played in front of flamini last season and he helped a lot in defense.

after the game, freddie also can write a book, My Defense.

tgr

i like the idea of 3 defender formation if senderos is available. the back trio of toure-senderos-gallas looks great.

NIPOLOPO

Established Member
alexei.romanov said:
It's full of lefties, mate. Loads of match going Reds too. Plenty of Sp**s fans as well, boss. It's a very liberal site, and it's full of post modern humour.(please don;t confuse that with racism or homophobia)

I'm sure you'll love the banter, skatingtortoise. As I said, you're welcome. All of you.

http://www.redrepublik.net/forum/index.php

would you be kind enough and stop spaming please. do you like it, if someone just join your forum to advertise somebody elses forum?

Arsenal Quotes

I don’t look at the passport of people; I look at their quality and their attitude.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom