• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Portsmouth vs Arsenal | 12/04/06

Arsenal_4eva_14

Shadow Moses said:
Arsenal_4eva_14 said:
Shut up you bloody sheep. No on ehas given im a chance here and the way you have treated him is shameful... You and everyone welse slating him must have little to know football knowlege! I personally ahve played the game at a state level and close to international oyuth and i look at him and realise his importance to teh team compared to that of Hleb or some one else. YOujudge a player by the goals he scores not his general performance you ****

I guess somone can't criticise a player without getting personal attacks anymore on this forum. So much for mods

Your trying to get me banned, and if i do so be it. I can;t stand individuals that show players at our club 0% despite there effort and in many cases there performance. In my opinion its a disgrace the way you treat a player that has improved the club

Gooner for 60 years

gotnothin said:
chippybrady said:
we will not get the 4th place, because wenger is a idiot for changing a winning team

and never in a millions yrs we will beat villareal

F*ck i hate people like you!!!! makes me disgusted that i support the same team as you!

Seriously, 4th is far from gone! We didnt capitilise on some opportunities today (Adebayour) but we didnt lose. We cant blame Arsène for resting players either. We've got a million games in like 2 days :wink: so its either rest now or rest half the team for a CL match. I'm having flash backs of 4months ago when this was the most negative forum around... Lets stay positive and win the CL and finish 4th!!

Well said. It was a shocker but at least we made the chances to miss 'em. And ade B was not the only guilty party. We were profligate. We weren't clinical. It will come back. Keep the faith

tgr

JonnyRockets said:
i think today proved one thing more than any.....

we have strength and depth in every department on the pitch except at CM. I know Vieira left but so too did Edu, and that has left us hideously short. we all said it at the start of the season, but we have 4 cm's
1. Cesc
2. Gilberto
3. Diaby
4. Song
What if one of the top two is injured or needs to be rested - ask yourself- do we deserve 4th spot with that little in the middle of the park? Everyone knows the EPL is 38 games - we simply dont have the depth for it at that position.

Sorry AW, i dont care if you got rid of Vieira but even if we werent going to get a replacement - some support would've been great!

we still have flamini!
we create many chances. we cant blame AW.
you cant have 4+ CMs who are all very good and very content.

KingReyes

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
has reyes ever performed away from home in the prem? i cant recall him ever having a brilliant game bar fulham a while back where he came off the bench and score. he needs ton get mentally tougher for sure.

diaby's problem for me is that he isnt enough a threat over the 90 minutes. he'll be brilliant for 5 minutes in the first 20 then you dont see him again till the hour mark. he'll need to learn to impose himself for longer and he can only do that by persistently demanding the ball as well as doing more work on ball retrieval.

Those are two things I have mentioned in the ratings thread.

It saddens me to see Reyes play like that time and time again away from home. The kid puts in some good performances at Highbury and he will need to find that consistency away from home as well. We need more players out there that are a threat than just Henry.

At least he's been better than Freddie this season.

tgr

AW is right to rest players. our starting xi is still much better than our rival. risk is everwhere when football is concerned.

villarreal is the MOST important game in Arsenals history and Highburys 93 yrs history. i am supporting Arsène to rest all our key players vs WBA.

Though my normal idea is "win is a must,then comes rotation." but nothing is assured, we can should beat them without most of our key players. we are not a team only with 11 players.

tgr

KingReyes said:
patrick42uk said:
has reyes ever performed away from home in the prem? i cant recall him ever having a brilliant game bar fulham a while back where he came off the bench and score. he needs ton get mentally tougher for sure.

diaby's problem for me is that he isnt enough a threat over the 90 minutes. he'll be brilliant for 5 minutes in the first 20 then you dont see him again till the hour mark. he'll need to learn to impose himself for longer and he can only do that by persistently demanding the ball as well as doing more work on ball retrieval.

Those are two things I have mentioned in the ratings thread.

It saddens me to see Reyes play like that time and time again away from home. The kid puts in some good performances at Highbury and he will need to find that consistency away from home as well. We need more players out there that are a threat than just Henry.

At least he's been better than Freddie this season.

reyes form has been disturbed by a tackle from bolton. before then he was one of our best players and was pretty consistant. but after that he cant play a full 90 mins and his form switchs on/off now and then. he was very good when we beat real away and beat juventus home. hopefully he will have a good game at villarreal, spain.

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
The team that Wenger put played well enough to win that game very very comfortably..and that is a big plus. Our poor execution let us down. I knew it was gonna catch up with us and it did. Was more upset ysteday then last sunday because we really shuold have killed this game...cos with our youngsters..once they equalised the kids panic..

Anyway will cut Ade some slack..**** happens sometimes in the game.. He is still a valuable asset to the team. Also liked what i saw of Song(still got plenty to do though but age and Wenger are on his side)

Was a solid performance from a very young team. I was confident come next tuesday..4th spot will be secured cos am sure the **** will drop poings this weekend. It comes down to april 22nd.

chandraraj

a very disappointing result. wenger says we cannot afford to lose any points and then play a team full of youth! the moment i saw the line-up, i know it's not going to be easy. if he can keep players like fleb on the bench, why can't he just start with them and rest them in the second half after getting a positive result?

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
love the quote from redknapp "'I do not think Toddy is going to bash Sol Campbell up somehow. My money would be on Sol Campbell.' "

couldn't watch the game so I was wondering about two players Sol and Song

Gooner for 60 years

YeahBee said:
love the quote from redknapp "'I do not think Toddy is going to bash Sol Campbell up somehow. My money would be on Sol Campbell.' "

couldn't watch the game so I was wondering about two players Sol and Song

You were lucky! Song is not up to our standards I fear. Sol did OK and was not disgraced. The game...yet another story of wasted chances, only these were worse! :cry

marco

Mr Adebayor is going to wake up today knowing that he has virtually cost the club millions of pounds.

Missing 2 chances like that is inexcusable and its like we have signed kaba diawara brother.
As for song is there any chance he could possibly pass to another arsenal player at some point this season or is he intent of trying to prove himself to be worse than his cousin(rigobert song)

Lets not kid ourselves pompey were ****.
they had one chance all game, lehmann had nothing to do.
yet when we go one nil down that is it.
we have gone one nil up vs pompey and west brom andn ot one either.
that will cost us at the end of the season.
The last half an hour was one of the worst i think i have seen this season.

To make matters worse a3 had convoy in operation whatever that means so didnt get in until one o clock.
what a load of bollocks.

P.s i dont give a **** about song and adebayor's age they were both **** last night and given the time and effort i spend supporting arsenal week in week out im entitled to slag them off when and where they have **** games.

siddharth

Adebayor was utter ****e last night but he does bring a lot of other things to the team.Once he sorts out his finishing we are going to have a superb player.We dropped 2 points but we still can make it.

Alex song ? i pray that arsenal don't make a permanent deal for him in the summer.His passing ,lack of composure, in short his general play was a miserable sight.I feel sorry for the likes of seb larsson who have to watch song play ahead of them. Now i understand why wenger didn't rush through and sign him even though bastia wanted to sell him.

Shadow Moses

Established Member
Arsenal_4eva_14 said:
Shadow Moses said:
Arsenal_4eva_14 said:
Shut up you bloody sheep. No on ehas given im a chance here and the way you have treated him is shameful... You and everyone welse slating him must have little to know football knowlege! I personally ahve played the game at a state level and close to international oyuth and i look at him and realise his importance to teh team compared to that of Hleb or some one else. YOujudge a player by the goals he scores not his general performance you ****

I guess somone can't criticise a player without getting personal attacks anymore on this forum. So much for mods

Your trying to get me banned, and if i do so be it. I can;t stand individuals that show players at our club 0% despite there effort and in many cases there performance. In my opinion its a disgrace the way you treat a player that has improved the club

No need in trying to get you banned, you've done that all by yourself. Your post should be enough as I see no reason whatsoever in abusing me for criticizing a player. I have every right to critisize a player's performace as a supporter.

....quoting dysphoria
".. as a supporter who spends huge sums of money buying kits and club merchandise, match tickets, spending time to support the team, the emotional hi and lows of soccer i think we are allowed to critisize if its constructive. its bad enough that they are already earning huge sums of money and not justifying it, i believe as a supporter you have the right. "

I hardly ever critizise players on here except when I feel it is really justified. I've never once posted anything negative about Ade 'cos I feel performance should be judged over time rather than a single match. What I posted above is based on everything he has done since he got to this club and I believe he has been pathetic. If you really think he has improved this club since his arrival, I suggest you snap out of your delusional state. He has been consistently poor and IMO hasn't added anything worthwhile.

Next time you want to reply to my post you can start by posting a constructive arguement rather than resorting to childish insluts

JML

Shadow Moses said:
Next time you want to reply to my post you can start by posting a constructive arguement rather than resorting to childish insluts
You mean like calling someone a muppet?

Shadow Moses

Established Member
Yes, darn right. I called the player that and I also explained why I think he's crap. At least I don't go about abusing other forum users when they 'hate' on players.

qs

Established Member
Ade is 21 and has only been in England what 2 months?

Give the chap a break, yeah he missed two absolute sitters and I was shouting at him when watching the match but RVP missed a sitter on Sunday and I guarantee he wouldnt get this kind of slating. IMO Ade has settled in very quickly. Dont blame him for what was an overall shoddy team performance and a huge lapse pf judgement by Wenger. Was anyone confident when they saw SOng/Diaby as the midfield pairing? Songs still atn least 2 years off being good enough to play first team football for Arsenal.

Tegh

Established Member
Shadow Moses said:
I hardly ever critizise players on here except when I feel it is really justified. I've never once posted anything negative about Ade 'cos I feel performance should be judged over time rather than a single match. What I posted above is based on everything he has done since he got to this club and I believe he has been pathetic. If you really think he has improved this club since his arrival, I suggest you snap out of your delusional state. He has been consistently poor and IMO hasn't added anything worthwhile.
[sarcasm]Good one, it's not like he's brought us another dimension, forged a decent partnership with Henry, or scored any goals.[/sarcasm]

stiiphunn

Established Member
Shadow Moses said:
Arsenal_4eva_14 said:
Shadow Moses said:
Arsenal_4eva_14 said:

No need in trying to get you banned, you've done that all by yourself. Your post should be enough as I see no reason whatsoever in abusing me for criticizing a player. I have every right to critisize a player's performace as a supporter.

....quoting dysphoria
".. as a supporter who spends huge sums of money buying kits and club merchandise, match tickets, spending time to support the team, the emotional hi and lows of soccer i think we are allowed to critisize if its constructive. its bad enough that they are already earning huge sums of money and not justifying it, i believe as a supporter you have the right. "

How can you say that?

If Thierry Henry has been scoring so much lately it's all down to Ade who has given him time and space to do so! The guy arrived two months ago, is still 21, and has helped arsenal in EPL. What more do you want?
You say he has been constistently poor.. You should watch the games he's played against Villa and Charlton.
Ade has added height and desire.

Turning on Ade right now is a disgrace- he's talented, he shows desire and commitment. The guy's a success, and every professional says so, but somehow some arsenal's supporters are still saying he's useless- But as you say, i guess it's part of supporters' job to do so...

Shadow Moses

Established Member
stiiphunn said:
How can you say that?

If Thierry Henry has been scoring so much lately it's all down to Ade who has given him time and space to do so! The guy arrived two months ago, is still 21, and has helped arsenal in EPL. What more do you want?
You say he has been constistently poor.. You should watch the games he's played against Villa and Charlton.
Ade has added height and desire.

Turning on Ade right now is a disgrace- he's talented, he shows desire and commitment. The guy's a success, and every professional says so, but somehow some arsenal's supporters are still saying he's useless- But as you say, i guess it's part of supporters' job to do so...

Sorry, but I don't think he has helped Arsenal in any way, shape or form in the EPL. We are no better than we were earlier this season. Our away form is still as pathetic as it was before he came. Henry found his rhythm again because his achilles isn't troubling him like it was earlier this season(his words). We've played consistently well in the UCL with Henry scoring .. and I don't think that's due to Ade's presence

Arsenal Quotes

Everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom