• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Portsmouth vs Arsenal | 12/04/06

Mark

Established Member
I used to think it was unfair of Henry to give Reyes those stares, but to be honest I probably would too if I had to play with Jose. The lack of intellegence in his game must be frustrating.

Gurgen

Established Member
Lack of intelligence? :lol:

Henry was marked. He seems to think the world evolves around him and wants the ball even when he's not the best option. I wanted to smack him around yesterday, he was constantly *****ing, pissing and moaning. Glad to see Reyes finally standing up for himself. I would have told Henry to **** off a long time ago, I really don't get why people are so afraid of him.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
Mark said:
I used to think it was unfair of Henry to give Reyes those stares, but to be honest I probably would too if I had to play with Jose. The lack of intellegence in his game must be frustrating.

man i miss that little guy in your avatar.

Mark

Established Member
Gurgen said:

Henry was marked. He seems to think the world evolves around him and wants the ball even when he's not the best option. I wanted to smack him around yesterday, he was constantly *****ing, pissing and moaning. Glad to see Reyes finally standing up for himself. I would have told Henry to f**k off a long time ago, I really don't get why people are so afraid of him.

I didn't see this particular incident very well, but that's not what I meant. I meant Reyes' game in general, which I find difficult to watch. He does have the occasional good game, but he never really looks sure of what he's doing. He is way too indecisive. Maybe having Henry shouting at him doesn't help, but I think Henry has every right to expect better from a player who after 2 and a half years here still hasn't shown anywhere near his best form.

On the subject of Reyes.....how would people judge his Arsenal career so far on a scale of 1 to 10...?

5 or 6 at best. He really does my head in at times.

Gurgen

Established Member
That's because he's on the left wing.

Reyes as we bought him is finished. He'll never fulfil his true potential, because Wenger thinks he's a waste in his natural position. Reyes is now simply a workhorse to cover for the left back, and occasionally pass forward. He'll never beat his man there, he'll never score from there. I honestly don't know why people keep expecting that. He has been position raped and will not really improve that much. He's a mediocre left winger and always will be. Wenger doesn't want him as a playmaker anymore.

I wonder why he spent 17m on him then. But it's pretty clear that the real Jose is finished and will never return, at least not at this club. Arsène knows I guess...

Parkour

Well this is a fun place!

Last nights result was very disaponting but I am a little aggrieved by the amount of abuse that is flying about against some of our players. Come on guys get behind our team and show a bit of support, the season is far from over.

This weekend we have a home game against WBA who are not really playing particularly well although they are fighting for survival. I am very confident we will win. **** however have a tricky trip to Goodison and I can't see them coming away with anymore than 1 point. If this is the case then the result against Pompey can effectively be written off.

Then the final our Premiership fixture are
Tottenham (home)
Sunderland (away)
Man City (away)
Wigan (home)

While **** have
Man Utd (home)
Us (away)
Bolton (home)
West Ham (away)

I think we can safely say **** have the tougher games although in between our prem games we have the small matter of a Champions League Semi.

Anyway I want to see some optimism people.

Lukazan

Established Member
Gurgen said:

Henry was marked. He seems to think the world evolves around him and wants the ball even when he's not the best option. I wanted to smack him around yesterday, he was constantly *****ing, pissing and moaning. Glad to see Reyes finally standing up for himself. I would have told Henry to f**k off a long time ago, I really don't get why people are so afraid of him.

That was pretty funny.

Reyes didn't pass to Henry so Henry threw his hands up and had a typical 'WTF didn't you give the ball to me?' look on his face, then it cut to Reyes' looking at him and going 'WHAT!!???!'

:lol:

non flying dutchman

Last night game was very disapointing, mostly was the two missed from adebayor.

Henry's fcuked me off last night, he wasn't trying to get involved with the game, and kept shaking his head all night, some of the passes were poor and we lost posession in places we really shouldn't, but as a captain you've got to encourage, in fact before adebayors misses he'd just got the look of death from thierry and that could easily have played on his mind whilst taking that shot, I know what it's like when you've got someone on your back because you made one bad pass, for the rest of your game you try to over emphasise things and usually fcuk up, whereas if you were relaxed about it you'd probably do better.

I'm not blaming henry for ade's misses as they were very poor, but it could of easily played a part in them.

sabret00the

Established Member
LuKaZaN said:
Gurgen said:

That was pretty funny.

Reyes didn't pass to Henry so Henry threw his hands up and had a typical 'WTF didn't you give the ball to me?' look on his face, then it cut to Reyes' looking at him and going 'WHAT!!???!'

:lol:
yup Reyes is coming of age and i'm loving it. the best, Reyes has some great games when he was in the starting lineup with van Persie, would like to see them two start again, Reyes provides wonderful service from outwide, but when his options are limited he often makes me wanna cry.

Gurgen

Established Member
Of all the combinations up front involving Henry, Reyes, RvP and Adebayor, Reyes and RvP worked best.

What is telling about this forum is that everyone thinks it's the fault of Henry's post-Bergkamp partners' fault that the combo has failed.

Mark

Established Member
I'd say the best of all those combinations has been RvP-Henry, actually. When those two were in form earlier in the season, so were we, scoring 3 goals a game pretty much.

Reyes and RvP did look good together at times though. Not sure how much of an improvement Reyes would be upfront though as his finishing really can be shocking at times. I know everyone will start going on about Adebayor and his finishing last night, but in general he has looked a more confident finisher than Reyes ever has.

sabret00the

Established Member
Gurgen said:
Of all the combinations up front involving Henry, Reyes, RvP and Adebayor, Reyes and RvP worked best.

What is telling about this forum is that everyone thinks it's the fault of Henry's post-Bergkamp partners' fault that the combo has failed.
you're in an interesting mood today.

but you're right, it's not an external attitude thing with henry, but unless his partner is getting things majoritarily (is that even a word) right and doing things in the way Henry wants them done he's pissed. Henry has a vision for what a team involving him should be like and it doesn't fit the players he has around him and it's causing him frustration. Henry could never feel this way with Dennis because Dennis is undoubtedly his senior, but for the rest of the team, it's a nuisance (depending on what day it is for him mood wise).

The key to a successful Arsenal line up is about making allowances and adapting to your partners, Henry's never been willing to do that outside of Bergkamp, and even then i'm sure Bergkamp sat back due to lack of ability rather than will.

Parkour

Gurgen said:

I'm confused as to why Reyes is always played on the wing and not utilised a bit more upfront. I remember when he first came into the team he did play as a front man and looked quite dangerous. Didn't he score that awesome goal against Chelsea when playing up front?

Gurgen

Established Member
Damn straight sabre.

I'd even say that Reyes can play with Henry, Henry just can't play with him. I never heard RvP complain about Reyes, or Reyes complain about RvP.

Someone once said about Wrighty that you just 'have to let him get on with it'. Same applies to RvP and Reyes and the latter in particular. For some reason Henry can't accept that.

Tegh

Established Member
Mark said:
Ade's misses were indeed very poor, but some people on here are being SO harsh on him. He's done pretty well since he joined us and got a very nice assist for Henry last night. He's played all our Premiership games recently and he looks a lot better than Reyes, who was again pretty useless last night.
Indeed Reyes was again pretty useless, and I'm someone who usually sticks up for him. Don't know how you can compare Reyes to Ade though, both are totally different players and Reyes is played out of position. Reyes is inconsistent, but when he's on form he's quality. He just needs to get some consistency, it's so frustrating watching him play great one week then sh!te the next.

Gurgen said:
Spot on, said it myself earlier. He stared at most his team-mates like they were a piece of sh!t and as described before that's not the correct attitude, and one of the reasons why I was p!ssed with him. Recently he's been a great captain, spurring his team-mates on, leading by example, but then he started being a little b!tch again last night and It did my head in. Reyes was very frustrated last night, he gave the ball away and Pompy countered, after we got rid of the threat, Kolo ran up shouting at him. If I was Reyes I'd be pissed, he gives as much as he can most games and works his arse off. He's played out of position and he doesn't whine, then he has to put up with Henry menstruating infront of him crying because he wasn't passed a ball when he was marked on the edge of the box and when the shot was the better option.

Gurgen said:
Reyes as we bought him is finished. He'll never fulfil his true potential, because Wenger thinks he's a waste in his natural position. Reyes is now simply a workhorse to cover for the left back, and occasionally pass forward. He'll never beat his man there, he'll never score from there. I honestly don't know why people keep expecting that. He has been position raped and will not really improve that much. He's a mediocre left winger and always will be. Wenger doesn't want him as a playmaker anymore.

I wonder why he spent 17m on him then. But it's pretty clear that the real Jose is finished and will never return, at least not at this club. Arsène knows I guess...
That's the same way I feel, and I wouldn't be surprised if we sold him or he left, especially with the **** he got on the pitch last night from his team-mates. Apparently he can do no right. Alright, he was crap last night, but Henry as the captain should have sorted things out and encouraged him as opposed to having a proper mare.

When Jose shouted 'what' to Henry, I was loving it. He was fully justified in doing so and hopefully it'll show Henry he's not the be all and end all of Arsenal. The players aren't there to please him, the world DOESN'T revolve around him. Reyes was going for a fully justified shot on goal that most players would have taken on, he wanted to win the game, so what's wrong with that? Nothing.

When Henry shook his head after missing a free kick I was bemused. I don't know why he did it, but if it is because Reyes said something, then lmao. Reyes is letting him know he's not going to be pushed around, and Henry can't be in the spotlight 24/7. This co-incides nicely with him signing the Reebok deal, if it's true he doesn't like being second fiddle to R'dinho at Nike, and didn't want to go to Adidas because of Beckham. It'll be interesting to see what happens in the next few weeks, but this arguing beetween the team could also screw up our team spirit and effect the results of our important up and coming games.

Reyes himself has said it's hard to learn English at Arsenal, and he only knows Spanish so there aren't a great deal of players who he can talk to, nor build as many bridges as he'd like. This makes it difficult for him, and the transfer fee is still a huge burden. If Torres comes it should help him settle, otherwise I don't think we'll see a lot more of Jose in an Arsenal shirt, and to be honest, I find that a shame.

EDIT: Tidying the post up. ^_^

sabret00the

Established Member
Gurgen said:
Damn straight sabre.

I'd even say that Reyes can play with Henry, Henry just can't play with him. I never heard RvP complain about Reyes, or Reyes complain about RvP.

Someone once said about Wrighty that you just 'have to let him get on with it'. Same applies to RvP and Reyes and the latter in particular. For some reason Henry can't accept that.
but the problem is there, and i know you disagree, unless you take Henry out of the equation, the only striker that's ever gonna really on fire for an extended period is the domanint alpha-male i.e. Henry.

It's like against Manure when he was sitting on the bench and van Persie took forever to cross the ball in (to my hilarity), the camera cut to Henry who was shaking his head in disappointment. if someone shoots from distance and misses, it's not ok unless it's him. someone plays their own game and expresses themselves, then it's not ok unless it's him. and up until the Villa game i thought no matter what, Henry would alwys respect a great goal, but his post-game comments were childish.

My latest hope is that when you remove Pires and Ljungberg from the occasion, he'll be forced to embrace the games of van Persie and Reyes.

phonics

Tegh said:
Mark said:
Ade's misses were indeed very poor, but some people on here are being SO harsh on him. He's done pretty well since he joined us and got a very nice assist for Henry last night. He's played all our Premiership games recently and he looks a lot better than Reyes, who was again pretty useless last night.
Indeed Reyes was again pretty useless, and I'm someone who usually sticks up for him. Don't know how you can compare Reyes to Ade though, both are totally different players and Reyes is played out of position. Reyes is inconsistent, but when he's on form he's quality. He just needs to get some consistency, it's so frustrating watching him play great one week then sh!te the next.

Gurgen said:
Henry was marked. He seems to think the world evolves around him and wants the ball even when he's not the best option.
I wanted to smack him around yesterday, he was constantly *****ing, pissing and moaning. Glad to see Reyes finally standing up for himself. I would have told Henry to f**k off a long time ago, I really don't get why people are so afraid of him.
Spot on, said it myself earlier. He stared at most his team-mates like they were a piece of sh!t and as described before that's not the correct attitude, and one of the reasons why I was p!ssed with him. Recently he's been a great captain, spurring his team-mates on, leading by example, but then he started being a little b!tch again last night and It did my head in. Reyes was very frustrated last night, he gave the ball away and Pompy countered, after we got rid of the threat, Kolo ran up shouting at him. If I was Reyes I'd be pissed, he gives as much as he can most games and works his arse off. He's played out of position and he doesn't whine, then he has to put up with Henry menstruating infront of him crying because he wasn't passed a ball when he was marked on the edge of the box and when the shot was the better option.

Gurgen said:

That's the same way I feel, and I wouldn't be surprised if we sold him or he left, especially with the s**t he got on the pitch last night from his team-mates. Apparently he can do no right. Alright, he was crap last night, but Henry as the captain should have sorted things out and encouraged him as opposed to having a proper mare.

When Jose shouted 'what' to Henry, I was loving it. He was fully justified in doing so and hopefully it'll show Henry he's not the be all and end all of Arsenal. The players aren't there to please him, the world DOESN'T revolve around him. Reyes was going for a fully justified shot on goal that most players would have taken on, he wanted to win the game, so what's wrong with that? Nothing.

When Henry shook his head after missing a free kick I was bemused. I don't know why he did it, but if it is because Reyes said something, then lmao. Reyes is letting him know he's not going to be pushed around, and Henry can't be in the spotlight 24/7. This co-incides nicely with him signing the Reebok deal, if it's true he doesn't like being second fiddle to R'dinho at Nike, and didn't want to go to Adidas because of Beckham. It'll be interesting to see what happens in the next few weeks, but this arguing beetween the team could also screw up our team spirit and effect the results of our important up and coming games.

Reyes himself has said it's hard to learn English at Arsenal, and he only knows Spanish so there aren't a great deal of players who he can talk to, nor build as many bridges as he'd like. This makes it difficult for him, and the transfer fee is still a huge burden. If Torres comes it should help him settle, otherwise I don't think we'll see a lot more of Jose in an Arsenal shirt, and to be honest, I find that a shame.

EDIT: Tidying the post up. ^_^

probably because he missed it? thats the biggest jump to a conclusion since the 'Henry doesn't like Reyes' celebration.

Gurgen

Established Member
sabret00the said:
Gurgen said:
Damn straight sabre.

but the problem is there, and i know you disagree, unless you take Henry out of the equation, the only striker that's ever gonna really on fire for an extended period is the domanint alpha-male i.e. Henry.

It's like against Manure when he was sitting on the bench and van Persie took forever to cross the ball in (to my hilarity), the camera cut to Henry who was shaking his head in disappointment.

That's another thing I don't get.

Sure, he is taking forever to cross. But why not try to get the ball when he finally does cross, instead of shaking your head in disappointment. When you are playing football, you don't start *****ing when the ball is still in play. It's not even supposed to cross your mind.

Arsenal Quotes

When I am asked why I stayed at Arsenal so long.. my answer is simple; I never wanted to be anywhere else. I could have earned a lot more elsewhere, but that wouldn't compensate for all the good years at Highbury.

David O'Leary
Top Bottom