• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Portsmouth vs Arsenal | 12/04/06

Lukazan

Established Member
Arsenal_4eva_14 said:
the dawn raids said:
Arsenal_4eva_14 said:
that 6ft4 lanky striker next to him, brings the ball down with ease,

i stopped reading right there. if you think he brings the ball down with ease then you obviously havent been watching him play.

Oh but you see i do. If RVP or Hleb had 8 terrible passes, but 1 good one, then we don't here the end of it. Yet when the forum turns against one player we judge him on a few bad ocassions. You guys never learn do you, this is just amazing seeing you sledge this passionate player, using him as the teams scape goat.

In my opinion Hleb needs to be replaced first, i have never seen him shoot before, nor beat a man on the wing. BUT we will ignore that ey because we love Hleb and well he can't do no wrong

What a load of crap.. :D

Hleb doesn't beat a man.. good one. Okay, he might not kick the ball really hard down the wing and chase after it, beating his man that way but who cares? With tight control and quick turns he consistently beats players all the time, one of them recently being Zidane.

Doesn't shoot? He has two goals in the league, that's more than Ljungberg, same as Gilberto and only one less than Reyes. If that wasn't evidence enough, I think his shot against Man U just this Sunday, his shot (which he almost scored) against Juventus away and the one against Juventus at home prove that. I admit he doesn't shoot alot, but so? He is a playmaker, I'd be pretty peed off if he shot once he got in 20 yards of goal rather than looking for someone in a better position. He is still settling in believe it or not, and just lately he has looked more willing to take a shot.

We'll see the best of Hleb next season.

hollow

How about this. Ade played alright since he's arrived but had a bad game (finishing wise) last night. Why does a player have to be either God's gift to the side or a complete waste of space.

p.s. how anybody can say Ade has added nothing to our side is beyond me.

Legend#1

Established Member
VERY frustrating, considering we should have been 3-0 up before it was 1-1.

But, we're 4 points behind Lily white ****s, and they have Everton away and United at home in the space of 2 days, whils we have West Brom at home.

4th is far from gone, I just feel the team are waiting to give it their all in the CL.

Also, it's not Song or Diaby's fault that Ade missed 2 sitters, Freddie missed an easy chance and Djourou missed an easy header.

But we're making it hard for ourselves like usual.

Football Ninja

The new Kanu?

Ade adds to our side and when we are thrashing teams its brilliant to see him scoring but imagine its the last game of the season... Sp**s have lost and we need a goal in the last min of the game....

Henry slips Ade through one on one with the keeper...

I wouldnt bet on him scoring with your money let alone mine.

Peter Crouch adds to Liverpool BUT that means nothing when he misses 2 sitters against Benfica. Liverpool should never have lost that tie and its disgusting how easy the Euro champs went out.

The good strikers score when it really matters and quite frankly those misses Ade produced woulda made even Drogba laugh. Its no point saying "leave Ade alone" simply because this isnt a school match. We need 4th and if we dont get it we are f*cked.

Bye Bye Henry, Bye Bye any worldclass player signing for us and hello Uefa and watching Sp**s play Barcelona next season. Its seems to me people think we've won the champions league already. I wanna win that and finish 4th!

Ade still hasnt convinced me but il give him a chance BUT dont expect me to just sit by and not say anything when he (and a few others in our squad) squander millions with school boy errors.

Feis-al

[b:38nljvo0]Legend#1[/b] said:
A source of mine.. he told me about the triple swoop in January before it happened.. Said they'll be 7 changes today, and that the CM pairing will will Diaby and Song.

You don't have to believe it, but the supposed team is:

Jens

Eboue DJOUROU SOL Flamini

FREDDIE DIABY SONG REYES

Ade HENRY

This is a very big risk, Pompey away isn't bloody easy... You don't have to believe it, but I thought i'd share.

Well Legend#1, I have to dig you up and say thanks. You were right on with your Insider although Kolo did show up but that was the team. I thought I had to go back to that page 28 just for that line up and I wish you had another insider in Ade's head or heaven to let us in on the result.

I'm just like many here disappointed with the result but pointing fingures at this time is not the way to go. lets wait for the congestion to be sorted and get on a new thread like"How we blew it". Right now is stay patient and appreciate it was not a loss being away. Ade did play pants but being a new He has my bedding-in season and support. He did remind me alot of Henry in 1999, I've never forgotten that Thiery and I'll thus give Ade some time. Am happy with a point and I want to see how the yids do on everton and ManU and I'll be worried after that.

Fella

patrick42uk said:
has reyes ever performed away from home in the prem? i cant recall him ever having a brilliant game bar fulham a while back where he came off the bench and score. he needs ton get mentally tougher for sure.

I can remember a few games this season... Middlesborough, carried the attack himself that day, Charlton away he was best player on the picth.
Also he hasnt played against any of the big teams away this season, like Chelsea, Liverpool or Utd.

Anyway, i knew the chances missed would prove costly at the end, need to be more clinical and stop trying to walk it in like in the 2nd half.

Rahul

Henry was frustrated with reyes most of the game imo

Reyes and henry cannot play on the same side.And anyways Reyes is much better on the right by my reckoning

Tegh

Established Member
Reyes does seem to be more effective on the right, as he can cut inside onto his left foot.

To be honest, Reyes was poor. He did two good things, and the rest he was either mediocre, or poor.

Henry played him into the area, and Reyes took a shot. Henry wanted the ball back on the edge of the area but didn't get it because there was a guy infront of him, then Henry had the cheek to ***** and whine at Reyes for taking a shot on goal from 10yards out. He had a better chance of scoring than Henry did, and that pissed me off when Henry started moaning.

However, some of the times Henry started sulking at his team-mates WERE justified. Reyes had better not put in another poor performance else we'll be seeing more of Pires, and I can't handle that.

Legend#1

Established Member
Feis-al said:
[b:31ewc9bu]Legend#1[/b] said:
A source of mine.. he told me about the triple swoop in January before it happened.. Said they'll be 7 changes today, and that the CM pairing will will Diaby and Song.

You don't have to believe it, but the supposed team is:

Jens

Eboue DJOUROU SOL Flamini

FREDDIE DIABY SONG REYES

Ade HENRY

This is a very big risk, Pompey away isn't bloody easy... You don't have to believe it, but I thought i'd share.

Well Legend#1, I have to dig you up and say thanks. You were right on with your Insider although Kolo did show up but that was the team. I thought I had to go back to that page 28 just for that line up and I wish you had another insider in Ade's head or heaven to let us in on the result.

I'm just like many here disappointed with the result but pointing fingures at this time is not the way to go. lets wait for the congestion to be sorted and get on a new thread like"How we blew it". Right now is stay patient and appreciate it was not a loss being away. Ade did play pants but being a new He has my bedding-in season and support. He did remind me alot of Henry in 1999, I've never forgotten that Thiery and I'll thus give Ade some time. Am happy with a point and I want to see how the yids do on everton and ManU and I'll be worried after that.

I changed it later on to Toure starting, I have 2 sources, lucky old me :wink:

Sol Campbell is supposedly distraught right now aswell.

kid_A

very disapointed with the result..story of our season. im still optimistic about 4th place as manure have to go to Sp**s. ade was absolutely shocking last nite what is wenger thinking??
is it me or as titi got a problem with reyes?? every time reyes miss places a pass henry gives him that look..and only to reyes, it was caught on camera last night.

Rahul

Tegh said:
Reyes does seem to be more effective on the right, as he can cut inside onto his left foot.

To be honest, Reyes was poor. He did two good things, and the rest he was either mediocre, or poor.

Henry played him into the area, and Reyes took a shot. Henry wanted the ball back on the edge of the area but didn't get it because there was a guy infront of him, then Henry had the cheek to ***** and whine at Reyes for taking a shot on goal from 10yards out. He had a better chance of scoring than Henry did, and that pissed me off when Henry started moaning.

However, some of the times Henry started sulking at his team-mates WERE justified. Reyes had better not put in another poor performance else we'll be seeing more of Pires, and I can't handle that.

Even during the freekick which henry hit over the bar henry was constantly shaking his head and saying something to reyes and he looked pretty pissed.

Probably reyes wanted to take the freekick and henry refused and after he missed reyes told him something he didnt like.

jaguars4ever

kid_A said:
very disapointed with the result..story of our season. im still optimistic about 4th place as manure have to go to Sp**s. ade was absolutely shocking last nite what is wenger thinking??
is it me or as titi got a problem with reyes?? every time reyes miss places a pass henry gives him that look..and only to reyes, it was caught on camera last night.
Ade was beyond shocking. Shocking at least has some redeemable factors. Ade was quite simply ABYSMAL.

And I don't think he as anything against Reyes in particular. With the exception of Dennis Bergkamp, Henry gives everyone the Evil Stare.

kid_A

maybe your right jaguars but even still, when he does that it winds me up so much, hes so good he doesnt have to sulk and anyway if think it has a negative effect on the team because they all look up to him.

Mark

Established Member
Ade's misses were indeed very poor, but some people on here are being SO harsh on him. He's done pretty well since he joined us and got a very nice assist for Henry last night. He's played all our Premiership games recently and he looks a lot better than Reyes, who was again pretty useless last night.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
Mark said:
Ade's misses were indeed very poor, but some people on here are being SO harsh on him. He's done pretty well since he joined us and got a very nice assist for Henry last night. He's played all our Premiership games recently and he looks a lot better than Reyes, who was again pretty useless last night.

yeah of course he's great since he came here.. he even scored on his debut (not even crouch can manage that at liverpool) but for ade to miss those kind of chances, two massive sitters, is just unforgivable considering we're still chasing for the 4th spot.

but i hope he'll be on fire for the next matches and will put some amazing performances to pay for his mistakes against pompey.

i still believe ade is a good buy although i'm still pis$ed off with him for last night's game.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
kid_A said:

you mean that time when henry passed the ball towards reyes and reyes kicked the ball towards the goal but went into the side netting while henry was actually waiting for reyes to pass it back to him?

did you see reyes was somewhat with henry's stare and shouted "what?"

haha what a show :lol:

anyway i think henry gives that kind of stare to everyone this season except for bergy and lehmann (maybe because he's too far from henry?)...

not even pires could escape from henry's stare-of-death...

Arsenal Quotes

I tried to watch the Sp*rs match on television in my hotel yesterday, but I fell asleep.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom