• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - PL: Reading vs Arsenal | 22/10/06

scumkilla

Hoyte isnt going to bomb forward straight away he needs time to develop a relationship with the player infront of him. i can understand him maybe being a bit cautious going forward not wanted to get caught out and exposed when he has just come into the team.
As you can see as games go by Hoyte has got increasingly better and increasingly more attack minded so give credit where credit is due.

Dougan17

just the numbers, basically:

lehmann - 7.5
hoyte - 7
toure - 7
gallas - 7.5
djourou - 7.5
gilberto 7.5 - quiet game, lost the ball a few times but marked sidwell and reading's scrappy midfield into obscurity
fabregas - 8.5 -
hleb - 8.5 - should've had two goals, wasted a chance or two or this would be a 9
rosicky - 8.5
rvp - 6.5 - goal overshadowed a poor performance from him. Just kept making the wrong decision. passed when he should shoot and vice versa all day long. It'll come with experience though.
Henry - 8 - good overall performance, needs to shoot more, passing was superb most of the game but forced the issue and lost the ball a few times. Needs to take players on with his dribbling ability instead of only hitting quick, short one-time balls back at the person passing to him. perfect penalty though.

what's with all the song bashing? he's quality, furthermore we had to beat lyon, inter and manchester united to sign him. he didn't lose the ball, showed excellent strength and good vision in his cameo appearance. he will shine along with denilson as the eventual replacement for gilberto

kel varnsen

Established Member
kiwisiniceland said:
what's with all the song bashing? he's quality, furthermore we had to beat lyon, inter and manchester united to sign him. he didn't lose the ball, showed excellent strength and good vision in his cameo appearance. he will shine along with denilson as the eventual replacement for gilberto

song is **** both defensively and going forward and will never make it here.

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
Here we go, says the man that seens precisely zero reserve games and dismisses pre-season yet feels qualified to judges a player from a handful of appearances spread over a year.

Tut, tut.

Unbeaten

kiwisiniceland said:

I'm going to walk the length of the UK on my bare hands if Song will succeed at Arsenal. He most be one of the worst Arsenal players I've seen.

kel varnsen

Established Member
YuenBiaoFan said:
Here we go, says the man that seens precisely zero reserve games and dismisses pre-season yet feels qualified to judges a player from a handful of appearances spread over a year.

Tut, tut.

reserve matches mean **** all and song's been ****e every time he's played for the first team. song's not good enough; that much should be obvious even to the most biased and delusional of gooners...

gonermad1992

lehmann-6-he didnt need to do much

hoyte-7-soild rb and looked cool throughout

toure-8-normal self and that is outstanding

djourou-7-improving all the time and it shows

gallas-7.5-lacked concentration at times but hardly had anything to do do cant blame him

hleb-8-with a few more goals like that one he is in the running for player of the season

gilberto-7-soild yet again

rosicky-8-unlocked the reading defence and unlucky not to get a goal

fabregas-9-best player on the pitch, controled everything in midfield

rvp-7-goal flattered the dutchman whos shotting in the first half was the worst iv seen this season from an arsenal player

henry-8.5-normal outstanding show from the best goal scorer in world football, who says gerrard is captain fantastic

qs

Established Member
kiwisiniceland said:

:lol: Get out of here will you. If you're going to defend the guy at least do it without typing blatant lies.

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
qs said:
kiwisiniceland said:

:lol: Get out of here will you. If you're going to defend the guy at least do it without typing blatant lies.

That's funny, just watched the last 15 mins of the game when he was on and he got tackled ONCE resulting in him losing the ball ONCE.

Which was a ****load less than Cesc in that same 15 minutes and less than almost everyone else on the pitch.

Lukazan

Established Member
He may have only lost the ball once but he didn't recieve it all that much, so it's hardly saying anything.

I remember one time he got it and played a really lazy and sloppy ball square to Hoyte, who only got to it because he was more switching on than the reading left winger.

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
And Gilberto played a ball 10 yards from the penalty box straight to a Reading player.

Should he be casitgated?

Song received far more of the ball than you seem to think - go rewatch it.

PLEEEAAASSSE, just watch Song, nothing else, not the ball, not another player, JUST Song the next time you see him play.

Or even better go and watch him live.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
YuenBiaoFan said:
Which was a ****load less than Cesc in that same 15 minutes and less than almost everyone else on the pitch.

Wrong comparison to make really. Didn't they say on Sky it wasn't till the 65th minute that Cesc lost the ball? By which stage of course we were 3-0 up and home and hosed, Cesc having run things all day.

Oh, and it's amazing how, if you're french, you can get away with losing the ball on the edge of your penalty area at least 3 times because you're dolly day dreaming and escape criticism on this forum.

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
Don't know, wasn't watching Sky.

But trust me, or if not go and download it again.

Cesc gives the ball away an awfully lot of times in that last 15 minutes.

I take it you're talking about Gallas?

It's my problem with it really - once certain people have a preconceived idae about a player being too slow, too lazy, not good enough, or in the case of Song, ****, NOTHING will make them change their minds. Not even if they were wrong in the first place.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
YuenBiaoFan said:
Cesc gives the ball away an awfully lot of times in that last 15 minutes.

I take it you're talking about Gallas?

Don't disbelieve you mate, just think it was a fairly academic last 15.

And yeah, I was.. ;-)

Lukazan

Established Member
YuenBiaoFan said:
And Gilberto played a ball 10 yards from the penalty box straight to a Reading player.

Should he be casitgated?

:lol:

No, because Gilberto is one of the best defensive midfielders in the world and can be forgiven for the odd stray pass. Seeing as I've yet to see Song do anything even half decent in a game of any importance, stray 5 yard passes, and oh yes I've seen them from him, are rightly scrutinized.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal are the most beautiful club in England. At Man City and Chelsea, they will never have that class and style.

Marco van Basten
Top Bottom