• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Premier League: Arsenal 1 - 0 Manchester City | Sunday 8th October | KO: 16:30 BST | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

plarsenalmancitywk17.jpg

Prediction
Arsenal 1-2 Man City

Synical

Miss Superstitious

Not going to lie. I was very pessimistic pre game. Not necessarily due to Sakas absence, but a combination of how we have been playing. The errors, lack of creativity and the lack of composure have overshadowed a different approach in our style. The shift in change has geared towards this. Restricting City to 4 shots in the entire match, no shots after the 58th minute? It's monumental.

When do City stop getting shots off after 58 minutes. This wasn't last ditch defending. Our structure stopped them from them from playing. Arteta got the selection and the subs spot on.

Ending the game with Partey rather than starting with him. Bringing Tomi on the left and Havertz as a target man. Masterclass.
I'm in shock tbh. I've not been able to enjoy it yet

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Keep crying about Rodri and KDB being out. We never started with Saka, Martinelli and Partey. All three would've started, if fit enough to do so.
Don't forget Timber. So that's potentially 4 players missing from the starting 11 who would have started if they were fit.

Also funny how Rodri couldn't stop us from beating them in the community shield at Wembley but somehow we have to believe it was 100% guaranteed he would stop us in our home. City and rival fans are really rattled and have started clutching at straws now. Love to see it.

Liam_Og

That's no slight on Ødegaard, I have a lot if time for Martin. But he's not the leader to take the game by the scruff of the neck.
That is way more of a reflection on the game than the players being mentioned.

Martin has got the ability to take the game by the scruff of the neck, often does.

But because of his technique, he never looks panicked or out of shape, he calmly distributes, when arsenal at their best, be it probing at 20 yards or sliding in the wide men, its usually Martin pulling the strings.

The more effective and efficient something is, generally the less spectacular it tends to be, only because we’re programmed to be attracted to loud noises, bright images as people, as a result that we don’t appreciate it sometimes.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Martin has got the ability to take the game by the scruff of the neck, often does.

But because of his technique, he never looks panicked or out of shape, he calmly distributes, when arsenal at their best, be it probing at 20 yards or sliding in the wide men, its usually Martin pulling the strings.

The more effective and efficient something is, generally the less spectacular it tends to be, only because we’re programmed to be attracted to loud noises, bright images as people, as a result that we don’t appreciate it sometimes.

Well stated!!

TriniGunner

Ødegaard still has some improving to do and it would get better when we sort out our attacking shape. There were times yesterday when he turned and should have simply played the ball forward into attacking transition quickly because City still had more players upfield. The extra turn gave City's players time to get back. It's where he's not as effective as Fabregas in ALWAYS looking forward but he would improve.

HighburyHigh

I honestly thought we'd lose so hats off to the team for a resolute performance. Finally broke the PL hoodoo which is great.

If we can keep everyone fit to a decent degree (albeit the odd player who may obviously may miss the odd game or two throughout the season ) and then maybe try grab a decent striker in the January window, I think we have a great chance of winning it this season.

Something seems off with City. Hunger gone after the treble? Or some major players that have left them?

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
A very controlled performance, and limiting the best team in the PL like that.

Its good to see we are capable of performing at this level in a meaningful game. The next phase now is for us to start to bring our styles together. We saw against Lens that we are still unable to get between lines when teams are defending deep, and combined with our inability to convert chances, we leave ourselves open to conceding goals as we commit more forward.

The next level this team needs to achieve this season is to be able to get back into central zones with TP5 and without TP5. Jorginho at six is something I think we should be exploring more, because we are compact enough to cover his lack of athleticism.

ksarp

I am still marveling at the sight of two six footers deep inside City area, proving decisive in the outcome of the game. From Partey's pass, Tomi's perfect run into space, Citeh were not expecting that.

Liam_Og

Ødegaard still has some improving to do and it would get better when we sort out our attacking shape. There were times yesterday when he turned and should have simply played the ball forward into attacking transition quickly because City still had more players upfield. The extra turn gave City's players time to get back. It's where he's not as effective as Fabregas in ALWAYS looking forward but he would improve.
Some of his decision making yesterday was questionable. But i genuinely believe he’s some times a victim of his own talent, not everyone sees the ball he does. He had at least one wild hack from 25 yards yesterday too.

But martin has come so much further in 18 months than anyone is talking about

freddy_v

For those complaining that we haven't clicked going forward yet this season, this game perfectly demonstrates why - Arteta is making us much harder to beat. Defensively and as a unit we are so much more solid, gone are the days where teams could just stroll through our midfield. We limited City's chances impressively - 1 shot on target (in the first 5 minutes), 2 off target and 1 blocked shot. Haaland barely touched the ball, didn't get a shot. When has that ever happened?

And we did this without Partey starting and without Saka (sure they also missed big players). Finally we have beaten them in the league!
It is literally one game ago we were beaten by Lens 😆

I hope the team are more grounded than AM

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

When do City stop getting shots off after 58 minutes. This wasn't last ditch defending. Our structure stopped them from them from playing. Arteta got the selection and the subs spot on.
This is quite something. Not a shot after 58th minute. Lowest shot total in the PL under Pep. It might not always be pretty and exciting the way we play this year, but it is defensively solid as hell!

Tom Mix

It is literally one game ago we were beaten by Lens 😆

I hope the team are more grounded than AM
We were beaten by Lens because the players were thinking of the Sunday game. Arteta was genius yesterday but he got Lens completely wrong. Horses for courses. He needed hungry players wanting to impress and played anxious players thinking ahead to one of the defining games of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have always been the club of the people, the streets. Arsenal was one of the first clubs to really have black players, so it did represent the mass of the UK and how London is. I hope people at the club know that and who are they playing for.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom