• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Premier League: Arsenal 1 - 0 Manchester City | Sunday 8th October | KO: 16:30 BST | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

plarsenalmancitywk17.jpg

Prediction
Arsenal 1-2 Man City

goonerfamily

Big game player!! Said it in another thread & I'll say it again, he's more of a captain than our current incumbent will ever be.

That's no slight on Ødegaard, I have a lot if time for Martin. But he's not the leader to take the game by the scruff of the neck.
Disagree with this. He scored a lot of big goals, notably away from home last season. He was big at inspiring the turnaround when our heads were down against Soton and Bournmouth. I think I'd go as far to say he's maybe the best at taking the game by the scruff of the neck in our team. Maybe only Martinelli is ahead?

Synical

Miss Superstitious

Watching it back...
What did you guys think of the card each for Ederson knocking Jesus in the back for 'kicking the ball away'?

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Come on Arsenal !!!

My voice is still sore, but the memories, emotions and all the thrill of watching this win live at The Emirates will be unforgettable. 🔥
If you have the time, I'd recommend watching some lower league games too. Obviously you won't be "emotionally invested" (what a dreadful term), but there's a lot to like about the culture of English football down in the league system.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
If you have the time, I'd recommend watching some lower league games too. Obviously you won't be "emotionally invested" (what a dreadful term), but there's a lot to like about the culture of English football down in the league system.

Yes, I already watched a certain League Two match. The stadium was packed, the home team won and the atmosphere and matchday buzz was excellent.

I agree, the lower league football is your typical English culture thing and I loved it.

Arson Finger

I am trying to remember the last time I saw an Arsenal team defend this well in a match against a seriously good opponent. It's been a LONG time. In the last half hour, 40 minutes, we gave them NOTHING. They were completely shut down.
This wasn't a great match to watch if you only care about attacking. If you care about defending, it was an absolute master class to watch.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
I am trying to remember the last time I saw an Arsenal team defend this well in a match against a seriously good opponent. It's been a LONG time. In the last half hour, 40 minutes, we gave them NOTHING. They were completely shut down.
This wasn't a great match to watch if you only care about attacking. If you care about defending, it was an absolute master class to watch.
Yeah its weird, in the old days we just had **** defenders so its obvious why we were poor defensively. Now we have very good defenders (and world class in Saliba) and can be an elite defending team on our day, as shown in some of our away games and Sunday, but we are not consistent at being elite. We still have a lot of clown days.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Zinchenko’s quick feet mean he can nip in on one v ones but I was nervous when doku squared him up, mostly because I’m used to seeing Saka get double teamed but zinny handled him by himself.

I was very worried about Doku vs either full back, but when you consider that in training, both White and Zini face up vs Martinelli and Saka. They should be able to deal with most 1v1 situations.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
I was very worried about Doku vs either full back, but when you consider that in training, both White and Zini face up vs Martinelli and Saka. They should be able to deal with most 1v1 situations.

Doku looked seriously worrying the first few mins he was on. The next time I saw him he had switched to the other wing and was never heard from again.

ksarp

Jesus excelled as a winger. When he dribbled through a maze of Citey defenders, Rice was in a perfect position to receive and shoot, but Jesus kept trying to dribble an lost the ball. I think if he added that to his game, he'd be WPOY.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Jesus excelled as a winger. When he dribbled through a maze of Citey defenders, Rice was in a perfect position to receive and shoot, but Jesus kept trying to dribble an lost the ball. I think if he added that to his game, he'd be WPOY.
He’s a bit whiny but to call him Women’s Player Of the Year is a bit much no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Religiously, it is said that God created man. I am only a guide. I allow others to express what they have in them. I have not created anything. I am a facilitator of what is beautiful in man.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom