• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Premier League: Arsenal 1 - 0 Manchester City | Sunday 8th October | KO: 16:30 BST | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

plarsenalmancitywk17.jpg

Prediction
Arsenal 1-2 Man City

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Wasn't able to watch the game, which given late winner was probably good. My old heart would have given up had I watched it live. Just saw the score late last night and read the forum. Great win and so good to finally beat those bastards! 💯

Will have to wait to watch the game until I am back home and can catch up via Peacock's replay, but from reading the comments and seeing the other games we seem to have progressed defensively this season. We are harder to create chances against. Limiting City to 1 shot on goal and 4 shots total and nothing from Haaland probably says it all. Saliba and Gabrie really seem to have had him in their pocket and Rice was great as always it seems. Cannot wait to see the game on reply when I get home! Fantastic win!!! 🍾🇸🇪

PS. @albakos - Congratulations on being at the game and seeing us getting that long awaited win against them! ❤️

Tom Mix

On the tube to the game we were talking to some City supporters, they weren’t very confident at all. People started giving them stick saying “You’re Manchester City FFS” but it turns out reservations of playing without Rodri were well founded.
Good to know they're not all boastful, rude, uneducated pieces of dirt. The ones I saw yesterday would mostly have embarrassed Neanderthals.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
So happy we've finally beat them in the PL. Felt like we always went up against them with the expectation we'd lose. Last season a win against them would've probably seen us raise the trophy. Hope this season is finally the moment.

Extra happy because there is really nothing positive going on at my other club.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Arteta was spot on with the way we played yesterday, and defensivly we didnt gave them anything.
And yes people can say they were without Rodri and De Bruyne blabla but we didnt had Saka or a fully fit Martinelli and Partey. we should just receive the credits for beating them.

sdotzdot

Established Member
embarrassing the reactions prior to the game with all the saka not in the squad. ****ing clowns on here thinking we are a one man team, We go a bit of luck today but more then we deserved after that game against them at home a few seasons back. they got lucky that day with several decisions,

Hope this can be the confidence boost to win the title . we are good enough
I can’t lie I am normally quite optimistic but after I saw Saka not in the squad even my head dropped. So glad I was proven wrong.

We really have done a great job in squad building. Major credit all round to Edu and Arteta. Even the Kroenkes for hiring the right footballing brains and just letting them do their thing.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
387415657_625171686434492_868438765406286304_n.jpg

362131683_276945238353951_7790857461221594002_n.jpg

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Not going to lie. I was very pessimistic pre game. Not necessarily due to Sakas absence, but a combination of how we have been playing. The errors, lack of creativity and the lack of composure have overshadowed a different approach in our style. The shift in change has geared towards this. Restricting City to 4 shots in the entire match, no shots after the 58th minute? It's monumental.

When do City stop getting shots off after 58 minutes. This wasn't last ditch defending. Our structure stopped them from them from playing. Arteta got the selection and the subs spot on.

Ending the game with Partey rather than starting with him. Bringing Tomi on the left and Havertz as a target man. Masterclass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.
When you read some books they are fantastic, the writer touches something in you that you know you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life.
If you are living like an animal, what is the point of living? What makes daily life interesting is that we try to transform it to something that is close to art. And football is like that.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom