• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League | Chelsea vs Arsenal | 17 Sep 2017 - 13:30 | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Saosin

Cech
Mustafi per kos
Bellerin elneny Wilshere (not Wilshere ffs) sead
Sanchez Lacazette welbeck

Ospina xhaka Ramsey holding Monreal Giroud Özil

Elneny looks the most solid DM at the moment. And I cAnnot see who else can do a proper CM other than Wilshere, someone can hold the ball, bring it forward and not losing defending discipline

You want to start a rusty, aging defender who just played a full 90, a massively injury prone player who has had one cameo under his belt with only 3 days rest and a player who is still rusty AF after playing one game with us (again a full 90 with 3 days rest)?

I'd suggest:

Code:
              Cech
      Mustafi Kos Monreal
Bellerin  ElNeny Xhaka  Sead
          Özil    Welbeck
            Lacazette

Subs: Ospina, Holding, AMN, Ramsey, Wilshere, Walcott, Giroud

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Lovely stuff.

Wonder if AM could afford to send out some self help books to certain members.

'The power of positive thinking', bet that didn't get any negative reviews. :lol:

Well they're not entirely crazy.

2 wins from 21 away games against last season's top 6 since 2013 scoring 24 and conceding 52.

2 wins at Stamford Bridge in 13 seasons and for the most part we were a Champions League/Title chasing team.

We'll approach it the same way we always do. You can hear it already from the player interviews talking about carrying on our performance from the last game and remembering we've beaten Chelsea recently.

I wish we'd approach games like this having studied how teams have hone to Stamford Bridge lately and frustrated them. I wish we'd consider the fact Conte will probably use Bakayoko and Kante in midfield so its a bad idea for us to attack through the middle. I wish we'd consider dropping Özil so we have a third midfielder who can bolster the middle and give more freedom to our atracking players.

We need some kind of deliberate defensive strategy. Wenger fears losing 1-0 having created zero chances more than he fears losing 4-0 having created 7. The problem is that we are starting to lose 4-0 having created zero. We sacrifice defending in order to watch Welbeck trip over the ball or Özil run down a blind alley in attack.

Am I being negative? Maybe. But its with good intention. It's a good time to re-think our approach.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
You want to start a rusty, aging defender who just played a full 90, a massively injury prone player who has had one cameo under his belt with only 3 days rest and a player who is still rusty AF after playing one game with us (again a full 90 with 3 days rest)?

I'd suggest:

Code:
              Cech
      Mustafi Kos Monreal
Bellerin  ElNeny Xhaka  Sead
          Özil    Welbeck
            Lacazette

Subs: Ospina, Holding, AMN, Ramsey, Wilshere, Walcott, Giroud
Flawless coding...

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Well they're not entirely crazy.

2 wins from 21 away games against last season's top 6 since 2013 scoring 24 and conceding 52.

2 wins at Stamford Bridge in 13 seasons and for the most part we were a Champions League/Title chasing team.

We'll approach it the same way we always do. You can hear it already from the player interviews talking about carrying on our performance from the last game and remembering we've beaten Chelsea recently.

I wish we'd approach games like this having studied how teams have hone to Stamford Bridge lately and frustrated them. I wish we'd consider the fact Conte will probably use Bakayoko and Kante in midfield so its a bad idea for us to attack through the middle. I wish we'd consider dropping Özil so we have a third midfielder who can bolster the middle and give more freedom to our atracking players.

We need some kind of deliberate defensive strategy. Wenger fears losing 1-0 having created zero chances more than he fears losing 4-0 having created 7. The problem is that we are starting to lose 4-0 having created zero. We sacrifice defending in order to watch Welbeck trip over the ball or Özil run down a blind alley in attack.

Am I being negative? Maybe. But its with good intention. It's a good time to re-think our approach.
Don't get down mate. Man C have only won twice at Chelsea in 13 seasons in the league, and they've had the backing of an oil tycoon.

Wenger's strategy works in mysterious ways :lol:

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Don't get down mate. Man C have only won twice at Chelsea in 13 seasons in the league, and they've had the backing of an oil tycoon.

Wenger's strategy works in mysterious ways :lol:

There's nothing to be worried about with these punks we have enough wins against them in the last season , it's 3-1 including the shield . Xhaka and Ramsey must knuckle down they seem a bit off mentally in recent weeks . We'll give it a shake .

Last edited:

Deathstroke

The Terminator
mqKE7fo.gif

FFS. :lol:

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Expect the normal team to start... Some of their heads could be on the line though if a poor performance. Doncaster next for the kids & Jack to shine then a good easy run till November. If changes to be made thats the time.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

There's nothing to be worried about with these punks we have enough wins against them in the last season , it's 3-1 including the shield . Xhaka and Ramsey must knuckle down they seem a bit off mentally in recent weeks . We'll give it a shake .
Tbf Ramsey's been off mentally for some time. Something wrong with his navigation system, like a homing pigeon that gets lost.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Tbf Ramsey's been off mentally for some time. Something wrong with his navigation system, like a homing pigeon that gets lost.

Good thing he can run all day then . To be honest performance from the midfield duo more important than the win .

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Good thing he can run all day then . To be honest performance from the midfield duo more important than the win .
Crucial, it's what's been missing. When the midfield is sh*t it makes the defence and attack look clueless. A bit like going out in an Armani suit with gravy down your shirt. The whole outfit's a mess.

silky_shava

It's hard to feel optimistic when we have too many players that can't be trusted. Highly unlikely but hoping Wenger has been working with Xhaka and Ramsey and telling them exactly what their role is. Otherwise this could be painful as Liverpool.

We lack midfielders. After Ramsey and Xhaka it is trash Elneny and Coquelin next in. This is terrible.

Cech
Mustafi Koscielny Monreal
Bellerin Ramsey Xhaka Seo
Özil Giroud Welbeck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you grow up with a club and you end up playing for them and winning things, you are from that club. I was born here. I was formulated here.

Liam Brady
Top Bottom