• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League | Chelsea vs Arsenal | 17 Sep 2017 - 13:30 | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

There's a chance here as long as Chelsea don't grab an early goal. That's always the biggest killer for this team in the big games.

We always start this fixture like we are serious for some time. Last season we were pressing them like a maniacs in first 10 minutes and created I think one very good chance.

Then we do the mistake or allow the referee to do the mistake.

We can't focus for 90 minutes.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
We always start this fixture like we are serious for some time. Last season we were pressing them like a maniacs in first 10 minutes and created I think one very good chance.

Then we do the mistake or allow the referee to do the mistake.

We can't focus for 90 minutes.
In 12/13 and 13/14 I remember Giroud missing good chances in the first five minutes, I'm confident if those opportunities fall to Lacazette they'll go in.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
There's nothing to be worried about with these punks we have enough wins against them in the last season , it's 3-1 including the shield . Xhaka and Ramsey must knuckle down they seem a bit off mentally in recent weeks . We'll give it a shake .

Hi Celestis

We have a specific problem with away matches in the PL (and Europe) though, far less so than neutral venues or home games.

Teams play differently against us at their home stadium. Whereas we play the same home or away (Man City do so too, thus why they struggle away from home to big teams also, though not as bad). I think that is the issue.

They deliberately allow us to have the ball in areas we can't hurt them and set traps to block passing channels from defence and DM. They know we rely on full backs for offensive width because we play with narrow, inverted forwards, so by cutting out the supply they not only nullify our attacking threat, but pose a huge one themselves on the counter.

This is less of an issue in those one off cup games because our full backs generally play deeper and we concede territory to the opposition more than in away matches in the Premier League. My main point is this may be the same opponent, but it's a different game and different context.

It's not fear, I just want to see more evidence of a tactical plan. I'd like to see us put more emphasis on width high up the pitch, supported by a compact, defensive shape in the middle and conservative full backs.

Don't take the long post as a whinge :lol:

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
As long as Sead plays as an auxiliary striker from deep left, we will have a decent chance to at least get a draw from this match.

I'd like to see this. Less so as a striker, more just hugging the touchline as an orthodox left winger. He's a huge threat going forward with a fantasic cross and also knows how to defend. Wenger's best signing in years.

IslingtonBornandbred

Got a feeling this is going to go two ways.

Either we'll turn up and be battered from the start, another thrashing or we'll look good, we'll look like we are in the game, then one cross/header out of nowhere and we're 1-0 down. We'll rally and attack and then concede again. 2-0. Game over. Throw in a stupid red card or conceded penalty, and that sounds about right.

I've seen this story before!

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
This has the Giroud goal #100 to win it in 89-th minute.

His celebration to be epic. Better than this
giphy.gif

;)

Gooner n Proud

a.k.a. nasri_8 and Voice of Flamini
Cech
Bellerin Mustafi Koscielny Kolasinac
Welbeck Elneny Xhaka Iwobi
Özil
Lacazette

Play our football and wreck havoc on them!

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
We will be overrun in the midfield -- I simply can't imagine a pairing that will deal sufficiently with their energy. Hazard/Morata/Pedro also presents huge issues for our still-unsettled back 3(?).

3-1 Chelsea, and that's charitable.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Hi Celestis

We have a specific problem with away matches in the PL (and Europe) though, far less so than neutral venues or home games.

Teams play differently against us at their home stadium. Whereas we play the same home or away (Man City do so too, thus why they struggle away from home to big teams also, though not as bad). I think that is the issue.

They deliberately allow us to have the ball in areas we can't hurt them and set traps to block passing channels from defence and DM. They know we rely on full backs for offensive width because we play with narrow, inverted forwards, so by cutting out the supply they not only nullify our attacking threat, but pose a huge one themselves on the counter.

This is less of an issue in those one off cup games because our full backs generally play deeper and we concede territory to the opposition more than in away matches in the Premier League. My main point is this may be the same opponent, but it's a different game and different context.

It's not fear, I just want to see more evidence of a tactical plan. I'd like to see us put more emphasis on width high up the pitch, supported by a compact, defensive shape in the middle and conservative full backs.

Don't take the long post as a whinge :lol:

:lol:Understood mate , they have shown they can be tactically disciplined when they want to be let's see what they produce , like I said not so much concerned about the result as anything can happen as much as the performance. As long as we aren't timid ,I don't think we will be in this case with the recent record we have .

Edit: just seen Conte's presser , he's a little worried :D.

"">

Last edited:

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Stamford Bridge pitch is on the smaller side which doesn't bode well for us as we've been smashing them on larger pitches where they struggle to defend us. I don't feel confident that this will change. Regardless, I hope we smash these ****s and reset our recent away history.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Finding myself in a charitable mood (not unlike our club) I've voted, quite reluctantly, for a draw.

That's the extent of my optimism because Arsenal (much like it's fanbase) just can't win.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
:lol:Understood mate , they have shown they can be tactically disciplined when they want to be let's see what they produce , like I said not so much concerned about the result as anything can happen as much as the performance. As long as we aren't timid ,I don't think we will be in this case with the recent record we have .

Edit: just seen Conte's presser , he's a little worried :D.

"">
Chelsea is a source of irritation for me.

Kanonier

Cech
Bellerin Mustafi Koscielny Kolasinać
El Neny Xhaka Ramsey
Wellbeck Lacazette Sanchez

I think this is our best lineup for this game and our strategy should be to do exactly the opposite of what Conte would expect from us. Let them have the ball, we'll crowd the midfield with 3 defensive minded players to block their passing, and stun them with deadly counterattacks from Alexis, Wellbeck and Lacazette. Once we grab a goal and control the tempo of the game we'll then introduce Özil in the 2nd half to control posession and later on bring in Giroud to play the long ball and have him feed balls to Alexis and Wellbeck. Might as well try something Conte won't expect.

One thing is for sure...if we play with 3 in the back and 2 CM we'll get absolutely manhandled by Kanté and Bakayoko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It was a unique moment, a football fairytale. Was there anyone left who still believed I could give that kind of performance? Probably only Arsène Wenger.

Per Mertesacker on Arsenal’s FA Cup Final win over Chelsea on 2017 being his only appearance that season

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Benjamin Šeško’s agent confirms interest from English and Italian clubs, adding that he is not interested in moving to Saudi Arabia [Evening Standard]

Arsenal have sent scouts to watch Benfica midfielder Joao Neves multiple times [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have joined Manchester United in the race to sign Rennes’ 18 year old attacking midfielder Desire Doue [Ouest-France]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom