• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League: Liverpool v Arsenal - 21/12/14, 16:00 , SS1

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Roadrunner

Burned Out
Re: Premier League: Liverpool v Arsenal - 21/12/14, 16:00 ,

The Jury said:
Ask yourself though: What would really have been the point in holding out for the win?

3 points is 3 points and as much as I believe we would be better served under a new manager it sounds almost like you would rather us lose games which is F****** ridiculous for a fan to say, ever.

We played poor today as a team and only 3-4 individuals can claim a decent game at best. Defending on that last freaking set piece and getting a win would have papered over jack. The problems are obvious and we don't need to root for losses for that to be more obvious.

And no, 4th place is not some automatic default, we could very well lose it this year especially with fans like you thinking winning doesn't matter because you are sooo sick of Wenger you seem to want us to lose

Toast

Established Member

Liverpool - Arsenal

27 Total Shots 7
10 Shots on Target 3
84% Pass Success 71%
49% Aerial Success 51%
11 Dribbles 12
32 Tackles 26
64% Possession 36%

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

The_Roadrunner said:
The Jury said:
Ask yourself though: What would really have been the point in holding out for the win?

3 points is 3 points and as much as I believe we would be better served under a new manager it sounds almost like you would rather us lose games which is F****** ridiculous for a fan to say, ever.

Well it's just as well I didn't say that then, eh, you fecking eejit But go foam about it anyway :lol:

I think we will get 4th by default, because Sp**s are Sp**s, Everton are.... etc and so on. But if we don't, Wenger fvcks off. Wont be all bad I guess, not that I want it to pan out that way.

Clear?

I mean, you're the one that was advocating the clusterfvck that was playing our RB at CB, and our CB at RB, wasn't you? And that's not something I've created either!

The_Roadrunner

Burned Out

The Jury said:
The_Roadrunner said:
The Jury said:

Well it's just as well I didn't say that then, eh, you fecking eejit But go foam about it anyway :lol:

I mean, you're the one that was advocating the clusterfvck that was playing our RB at CB, and our CB at RB, wasn't you? And that's not something I've created either!

Nice red herring.

I wasn't "advocating" anything.

Was simply musing about the reasoning behind Wenger playing Debuchy at CB instead of Chambers which a few you threw little sissy fits about even though that was actually not even close to the main problem today and Debuchy did actually do better on Sterling than Chambers likely would have (keeping in mind how bad Chambers got raped by Montero).

Compactness (again) and set piece defending (again) were two problems which I have posted on a lot on in the last week.

You asked "what would be the point of holding out for a win".
Thats about as idiotic and daft question to ask to begin with.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

Im talking longer term, and with top four granted, as I think it is. What was the point? Bragging rights. That's about it.

One could make an argument about what the point is of getting top four these days anyway. Not that I am. We'd attract better players, that duly fck off when they realise that the club have no designs on winning the league. What is the point of it? We get to watch CL football? It's a ****ing farce.

goonerwarsh

Established Member

The Arsenal of today, well really the Arsenal of the Emirates era is so so far away from the attributes and principles of which the club was built upon that it's almost like two completely different football clubs.

Arsenal was always a club that in adversity and tough times the team actually got stronger.

The Wenger's Emirates Arsenal is now synonymous with having weak character and an excuse culture. There's no accountability, just a stagnant football club that only really knows how to exploit and manipulate it's fan base and make a lot of money but doesn't really know what it's trying to achieve on the football pitch. It's a quite brilliant business in terms of revenue, but looking at it as a pure sporting venture, Arsenal has completely lost it's identity.

I just don't see any real genuine pride or desire to achieve in this side. You might get a response from a poor performance or result in the next game or two but they soon return to type. Then we get endless, cliche soundbites after games from the Manager and players alike about lessons learned, handbrakes, spirit and mentality. It's all just hot air, there's no real substance to any of it.

There's far too much mollycoddling at Arsenal...they need a kick up the f**king arse and telling that what they are producing is nowhere near good enough and that includes the manager.

I'm sick and tired of watching a subservient, and gutless Arsenal team. Of endless excuses, 'scarred' after memories of last season?? What the f**k??? That is an absolute embarrassment to come out with such a statement in public! If this team had real mental strength and character that Wenger claims they have then they would have been chomping at the bit to get out on that pitch today and busting a gut to reclaim some professional pride.

Injuries or not, these players have been a disgrace to the shirt this season.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

Spot on lad. The club is built on hot air and sound bites. Pure bullshit. In some ways we were saved from the usual bollocks from Wenger had we held on for the win. Can you imagine what he'd have said? As happy as I'd have been with the win, I think I'd have smashed the Tv in.

It was quite clear from the way we set out, that our primary aim was just not to be 4-0 down after 20 minutes, then take things from there.

Massive bunch of wankers.

Toast

Established Member

The_Roadrunner said:
Debuchy did actually do better on Sterling than Chambers likely would have (keeping in mind how bad Chambers got raped by Montero).

Those two situations aren't really comparable though. Chambers v Sterling today would've been completely different from Chambers v Montero.

Against Swansea the problem was Chambers' fear of Montero cutting inside onto his strong foot. Hence he stood off him a bit. By doing so he left a lot of space on the outside for Montero to exploit, which Montero duly took advantage of. Had Chambers played in the middle today the space on his outside would've been covered by Debuchy. Chambers' lack of pace would not have been exposed as much as it was against Montero. Per managed, Chambers would have as well.

Wenger should've played Chambers and Debuchy in their strongest position. I can only guess that he was fearful of having two slow CB's in a high defensive line (which, incidentally, would reflect very badly on him) and therefore opted for Debuchy instead. It was a big gamble and it backfired.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

this season has been many down and little ups we just can't go and win 3 games in the row for once we could win back to back games but after that we will lose badly. unlike last season when we build a very good run until March when we lost our way.

there is many players this season are performing very badly like Mertesacker he is the shadow of Mertesacker last season.

our team this season lack balls specially away from home if we concede early goals this will lead us to play badly and if we got the lead we will start panic s**t ourselves and then drop points.

Toast

Established Member

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/30571842" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/30571842</a>

Phill Neville coming to Flamini's defense with an analysis of how our midfield was overrun.

The_Roadrunner

Burned Out

Toast said:
The_Roadrunner said:
Debuchy did actually do better on Sterling than Chambers likely would have (keeping in mind how bad Chambers got raped by Montero).

Those two situations aren't really comparable though. Chambers v Sterling today would've been completely different from Chambers v Montero.

Against Swansea the problem was Chambers' fear of Montero cutting inside onto his strong foot. Hence he stood off him a bit. By doing so he left a lot of space on the outside for Montero to exploit, which Montero duly took advantage of. Had Chambers played in the middle today the space on his outside would've been covered by Debuchy. Chambers' lack of pace would not have been exposed as much as it was against Montero. Per managed, Chambers would have as well.

Wenger should've played Chambers and Debuchy in their strongest position. I can only guess that he was fearful of having two slow CB's in a high defensive line (which, incidentally, would reflect very badly on him) and therefore opted for Debuchy instead. It was a big gamble and it backfired.

How exactly did it backfire?

Debuchy was not at fault for either goal and neither goal would have been prevented had Chambers been in CB.

First goal was an atrocious first touch from Giroud and Coutinho left Per on his arse (nothing Chambers or Debuchy could have done there).

Second was (yet again) us switching off at a late set piece.

Debuchy was also our best defender today to me so I'm not sure how that one decision you feel backfired.

You think if we simply switched Debuchy and Chambers we would have won?

dave_rwr

Established Member

This image seems to sum up the current state of our defence pretty well...

<a class="postlink" href="http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i/?img=/photo/2014/1221/fc_skrtel_jc_1296x729.jpg&w=738&site=espnfc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i/?img=/p ... ite=espnfc</a>

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Toast said:
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/30571842" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Phill Neville coming to Flamini's defense with an analysis of how our midfield was overrun.
Phil Neville thinks United can win the league.

Phil Neville.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka

I hate how i feel about the club right now. I feel tired. I feel like going to a game (i pay for two season tickets) gives me the same feeling as being asked to work late.

Its emotionally draining, predictable, and quite often boring. I think i may drop the season tickets as 2800 for the pair is a fair amount of money for something thats making me feel this way. Literally the only reason i havent done it yet is fear of never having them again for my kids in the future, but its really sucking the life out of me to be too closely connected to an institution that works the way current Arsenal do.

Toast

Established Member

The_Roadrunner said:
How exactly did it backfire?

Debuchy was not at fault for either goal and neither goal would have been prevented had Chambers been in CB.

First goal was an atrocious first touch from Giroud and Coutinho left Per on his arse (nothing Chambers or Debuchy could have done there).

Second was (yet again) us switching off at a late set piece.

Debuchy was also our best defender today to me so I'm not sure how that one decision you feel backfired.

You think if we simply switched Debuchy and Chambers we would have won?

Seeing as you're only responding to the last word of my post I will just assume you agree with the rest of it. But you're right. I should not have said backfired. I should have said failed. It's arguing over semantics, but whatever. This seems to be important to you.

If one performs a manoeuvre like this it is to get an advantage over the opponent. This move did not get us any advantage and it therefore, in my humble opinion, failed (or backfired). You say yourself Chambers and Debuchy could have switched for this game without any change in the result. Then why play a RB at CB and a CB at RB? It didn't do anything for us.

What would have happened with Chambers at CB and Debuchy at RB? We'll never know.

Toast

Established Member

THunter said:
Toast said:
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/30571842" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Phil Neville thinks United can win the league.

Phil Neville.

Please don't do that. I posted the link in the interest of shedding a new light on the situation and in the hope of getting some discussion going.

ScotVieira

Established Member

I think Chambers would have struggled in the middle today. Cut out all these petty stuff and concentrate on the reality of the fact that Wenger seems unable to get these boys to actually play with guts.
Chasing such petty stuff which cannot be proved either way just detracts from the bigger points against the man.

Who knows of we'd have been slaughtered had Chambers been in the middle with the way that they were running at the defence from midfield?

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer

<a class="postlink" href="http://fat.gfycat.com/SevereAjarDorking.webm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://fat.gfycat.com/SevereAjarDorking.webm</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Pathetic, absolutely pathetic. Chambers is the only one attack the ball, but he's out of position to actually do much. Mertesacker, on the other hand, just doesn't even bother and instead actively tried to avoid the ball.

What the ****. So much for being the "Big ****ing German" when he plays like Santi Cazorla on set-pieces. It even looks like Welbeck is tearing him a new one for it, deservedly so.

ScotVieira

Established Member

Phil Neville does have a point there though. Ox was just nowhere to be found and he tends to be a defensive liability in a lot of games. He is useful when we are attacking and running over the opposition but he tends to be clueless when we are under attack.

The MOTD guys did not bother talking about Liverpool as they were too busy criticizing us as usual. The English media will only stop their hatred of Arsenal the day Arsenal gets rid of the FRENCH manager.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Dokaka said:
http://fat.gfycat.com/SevereAjarDorking.webm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Pathetic, absolutely pathetic. Chambers is the only one attack the ball, but he's out of position to actually do much. Mertesacker, on the other hand, just doesn't even bother and instead actively tried to avoid the ball.

What the ****. So much for being the "Big ******* German" when he plays like Santi Cazorla on set-pieces. It even looks like Welbeck is tearing him a new one for it, deservedly so.

yeah that was so bad from Mertesacker at least jump ffs! this season has been pure banter from our defense the way we conceding goals is just laughable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It’s not impossible to go through a season unbeaten and I can’t see why it’s shocking to say that.

Arsène Wenger, 2 years before the Invincibles completed the unbeaten league season

Latest posts

Top Bottom