• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League | Liverpool vs Arsenal | 27/08/2017 | 16:00 BST | Sky Sports

What will the result be for this match?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

grunger

Would love to see Jack get some game time on Sunday,has he actually played with Sanchez and Özil? Just imagine him linking up with them and Xhaka and Lacazette.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Would love to see Jack get some game time on Sunday,has he actually played with Sanchez and Özil? Just imagine him linking up with them and Xhaka and Lacazette.
Yeah, great idea. Let's let the kid who had a bust up with an under 23 player go into a serious league game because in our minds he's still 2010 Jack and can dominate any team in the world.

I love Jack but this is the worst suggestion ever. Sure way to lose this game.

My god, the drivel on here these days.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Yeah, great idea. Let's let the kid who had a bust up with an under 23 player go into a serious league game because in our minds he's still 2010 Jack and can dominate any team in the world.

Replace the I love Jack with I hate Wilshere line and this is more less what I think.

grunger

grunger

I said some time, not to start the match, and the punishment he was getting from those city thugs was abysmal, just one stupid tackle and he's injured again, no protection from the ref, he did well to contain his anger for that long after what he has gone through.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Elite players show it on the pitch consistently. Arshavin was anything but consistent. Talented player who could have been much more here, I agree. But elite, I don't think so.
Agreed. He may have been (occasionally) 'elite' in the post-Invincibles Arsenal sense, but that's hardly a high bar to clear.

N

NotAUserName

Liverpool will eat our midfield alive if we play 3-4-3. This is what I think we should go with:

Cech
Bellerin Mustafi Koscielny Kolasinac
Ox Xhaka Ramsey
Özil Lacazette Sanchez

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I'd play Elneny for this one. Not too sure about Ramsey retaining possession or keeping his position in the middle of the pitch.

Elneny is the king of pass completion especially when pressed. It's obvious that Liverpool will be pressing us in midfield.

I'd go with this:
Cech
Mustafi Koscielny Monreal
Ox Elneny Xhaka Kola
Ramsey Özil
Lacazette

Subs: Ospina, Bellerin, Holding, Coquelin, Iwobi, Alexis, Giroud
Ramsey playing next to Özil will provide more protection in midfield as he can slot back and he could also cause the defence of Liverpool a lot of problems with his late runs.

Last edited:

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
I think we might see this actually

.................lacazette

......................Özil

...........ramsey...oxlade

Kolasinac...xhaka....Bellerin

......nacho....Lolo...mustafi

LacaNewSigning

I think we should switch back to a 4-3-3 for this game otherwise Liverpool will over run our midfield with their gegen press.

I would go with xhaka-ox/ramsey-el nenny which should give us technical security in the midfield otherwise we will get blown away with the back 3. Can't afford ramsey to leave xhaka isolated against this liverpool side.

I do think we have a chance as liverpool are just as weak defensively as we are and we have looked good attacking wise so far this season, but we can't start slow or give liverpool the impetus early on or it will be game over within 30 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A fan and a supporter behaves in different ways and what we have experienced in the last two games is pretty unique and is related to our history

Mikel Arteta
Top Bottom