• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League: Sunderland vs Arsenal Saturday 25th 15.00

Status
Not open for further replies.

blaze_of_glory

Re: Premier League: Sunderland vs Arsenal Saturday 25th 15.0

Rex Banner said:
We were so s**t today but I said before the game I'd take 3 points above anything else so I guess I'm happy.

Defence looked a million times better when Monreal moved out to LB and Chambers came central. I thought Ramsey played well for the 3 minutes he was on for, Cazorla though was woeful. He just kept smashing it over the bar.

Agreed. Bellerin should play rb so Chmbers can partner Per until Kos is back.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Said city would drop points and all we needed today was a win. I have ko idea what our performance was like but don't care spent many a day saying we played well and lost. Just need Chelsea to drop points tomorrow so we can cut deficit to 9 or 8.

It isn't over. Don't for a second think it is.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1

I'm relieved we got 3 points but other than that it was a farcical shower of sh*t performance from us. The ref, us and Sunderland were committed to the race of out-sh*tting each other.

Save for Sanchez who yet again threw his everything for us and made it count, there was nearly none cohesive actions among the boys when we tried to go forward.

I'm f*cking glad Sanchez isn't infected with our passing-for-nothing disease. Even Welbeck looked oddly reserved in the 18 yard box. He used to be a live wire for Sunderland FFS.

Our passes lacked power. Too many were under-weighted I recall four separate occasions where some random Sunderland players intercepted the ball with ease. Not even a force to kick a cat was needed.

Woj is becoming more and more prone to executing convincing brain farts that you had to question whether there was a transplant involved between him and Clichy before the latter left for City.

Monreal deserves a special mention too. Reliable in both positions and was very committed to the game.

Don't understand the criticism of not giving Walcott minutes in this match. Sunderland pressed the self-destruct button and they won't realize it until tomorrow.

With that performance, Wes Brown pretty much deserves to go back and play for Man Utd. Both are playing at the same level.

At the end of the day we bagged the much needed 3 points but we need to improve across all areas massively.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Also Chesney could have cost us today in the 81 minute i really didn't know what he was doing he could have just catch the ball easily but instead he be * and head the ball away to give it away to Sunderland player who shoot it wide, Chesney need to stop be stupid sometimes.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Said city would drop points and all we needed today was a win. I have ko idea what our performance was like but don't care spent many a day saying we played well and lost. Just need Chelsea to drop points tomorrow so we can cut deficit to 9 or 8.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Monreal didn't have a whole lot to do in his time at CB, did well but must be put into context.

Anyone that continues to put injuries down to bad luck needs to wake up. Playing the same people week in week out is a disaster waiting to happen, as is leaving a clearly injured player on.

Poor preformance and poor selection. If it weren't for the pace and pressing of Alexis we'd be even more of a laughing stock than Man Utd this season. Cazorla after a good start to season has really dragged in the past few matches. Pains me that not many seem to what to lay it to him after bad performances but will happily have a pop at younger, much less experienced players e.g Ramsey, Gibbs, Ox, Wilshere.

TheLoneFalcon

Cake Addict

We need to clone Sanchez's balls and attach them to his teammates every game. What can be said about Wenger has been said, but we're so limp it's embarrassing.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

bingobob said:

For us, it is. It so obviously, and painfully, is.

Lakersgooner24

Established Member

stiiphunn said:
I just hope Alexis won't find a TV within the next hour or so. If he sees his old teammates (Messi, Iniesta, etc) play against Real, he may start crying.
I'm not so sure about that. :wink:

bingobob said:

That's the correct mentality for the players to have, but as a supporter, I'd rather Chelsea won. I still believe United (and the other top 4 contenders) will be our rivals this season rather than Chelsea or even City who, despite losing, still have the top 2 spots locked up this season.

stiiphunn

Established Member

Lakersgooner24 said:
stiiphunn said:
I just hope Alexis won't find a TV within the next hour or so. If he sees his old teammates (Messi, Iniesta, etc) play against Real, he may start crying.
I'm not so sure about that. :wink:
Yeah I should probably delete my post now... :wink:

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐

Wenger said Gibbs have a hip problem.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Gibbs is a liability, should be shipped out in the summmer, lad can't play a month of games without getting injured, he's lucky he's HG.

Sick of Cazorla, he's getting worse every season here.

Against Burnley I want a front four of Podolski, Alexis, Walcott and Welbeck.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

The days of Cazorla being an automatic starter are definitely over. With Alexis and Walcott as wide options, Özil, Ramsey, Wilshere, all central options.

He was a good stop gap for these past 2 years until we got our hands on "the next level" offensive players in Özil and Alexis.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐

Cazorla is going to be 30 years old next month he is not young anymore. he is still fantastic squad option.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Yeah Cazorla had possibly his worst game for us, should be back-up to Özil and Wilshere. Ramsey showed what we were missing when he came on, offered more in 3 minutes than Cazorla did in 90.

onetowatch

I know we butchered a lot of them today, mainly Cazorla with his finishing, but there is insane counter attacking potential in this side that excites me.

We were never going to put in a great performance today. They will improve gradually but all that mattered today was winning and we did that. Two big away wins this week.

Onwards and upwards.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member

stiiphunn said:
Sanchez is the only one performing to the requested level - what a player he is..

No he isn't some of his long shots and decision to make them would embarrass a school boy and he runs into corners and doesn't release the ball quick enough more often than not.

His goals rescued us but the overall performance was poor

SomGooner

Prolific Liker

Thank god we've got Alexis. What a player he is.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member

I have to say Sanchez did a lot more than score just two goals. A few times he demanded the ball when Sunderland were already sitting and pushed them farther and farther back with really intelligent passing that was exposing holes. I'd give him the free role behind Welbeck until Özil is back. Yes he misplaced 3, maybe 4 passes but he made some unreal ones and was constantly looking for the runners. Himself and Walcott would build a serious understanding I think.

Also he became the outlet for a lot of our long balls in the second half and he done extremely well in getting to the ball first and retaining possession... guy is just pure class.

mo50

Established Member

ArsenesNO1Fan said:
stiiphunn said:
Sanchez is the only one performing to the requested level - what a player he is..

No he isn't some of his long shots and decision to make them would embarrass a school boy and he runs into corners and doesn't release the ball quick enough more often than not.

His goals rescued us but the overall performance was poor
That all comes with the package. You want an explosive player that produces moments of brilliance, you're gonna be getting some selfish moments too. He's well entitled to be taking 30 yard shots instead of laying it off to Cazorla, only for Santi to give it to the full back, then to the CB, then to the GK, back to Mertesacker, then Arteta....zzzz.

At least he tries to get things going. Never have I seen an attack so void of ideas/cohesion. The last time we were this sh*t was after shipping half our front 6. At least that time you could forgive a lack of understanding between players.

What's Wenger doing in the training ground? How come our players look so sluggish all season? Are they eating right? Getting enough sleep? WTF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The club changed so much, I changed with it and football has changed with us... But one thing never changes: the 90 minutes still belong to the player, 90 minutes during which he is king.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom