• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ratings and post-match discussion vs Ipswich

Man of the match:

• Cesc Fabregas

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • Johan Djourou

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Jack Wilshere

Votes: 39 62.9%
  • Laurent Koscielny

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • Nicklas Bendtner

Votes: 12 19.4%

• Total voters

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

cloista said:
JD are his initials, and the first 2 letters of his surname are DJ, and which is more likely to catch on, let's be honest.

Fair enough.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Sorry for dragging it off topic, it's just something that's bugged me recently :lol:

cloista

It was actually meant more as a rhetorical question, I'm not saying it isn't silly, but hey, it's noticeable. Personally we could call him Mango for all I care as long as he keeps playing the way he has been this season.

yuvken

Established Member
Ron Burgundy said:
It has to be either JD or Mango. DJ is just... wrong. Quite literally.
Sorry, Ron. It has been my preferred, and I didn't hear anything convincing to let it go. Though Mango is another cheerful option :)

Raider

Established Member
Wouldn't have thought it was a broken nose. He wasn't complaining or holding his nose and wasn't getting treatment for his nose... it seemed like concussion. The impact with the ground seemed to knock him out momentarily and wasn't moving.

But he'll be alright, he's a wall.

mistaT

Established Member
Surprised Bendtner is getting only a quarter of the votes for MOTM as I thought he was very strong through the whole game.

Nearly assisted the opening goal with RVP deciding the cross bar was better to hit :wink: , was solid in possession, physical threat and defended well.

His goal was brilliant....reminded me of the one vs Aston Villa a while back. It also came at a pivotal period as it looked like the nerves were starting to build up.

Good on him to come through and put down a little of the Chamakh love fest that has deteriorated his stock.

ivansen

What a player wee Jack is! I mean, he's bossing that midfield at his age!

Anyway, Wembeley, Wembeley!!!

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
yuvken said:
Ron Burgundy said:
Sorry, Ron. It has been my preferred, and I didn't hear anything convincing to let it go. Though Mango is another cheerful option :)

I've always thought the DJ at the start of his surname was the reason... which always made sense to me... in the world of footy which is, let's face it, complete and utter bollocks!

Ron Burgundy

Established Member
The Jury said:
yuvken said:
Ron Burgundy said:

I've always thought the DJ at the start of his surname was the reason... which always made sense to me... in the world of footy which is, let's face it, complete and utter bollocks!
That's akin to calling our captain FA. :lol:

outlaw_member

Established Member
The thing I loved most about Wilshere's recent performances is his desire for the cause. He gives that extra effort in certain situations that other players wouldn't. You even see him press relentlessly in harmless areas in order to overturn possession. Fabregas gave his absolute all today aswell, but Wilshere just played like a man possessed. Again, I didn't think he was great on the ball, even though it was definitely better than usual, but the intensity with which he plays the game is so refreshing.

Eboue, Denilson and Arshavin were really poor to varying degrees.

amirkat

Established Member
I thought Wilshere was outstanding tonight; the best midfielder on the pitch.

Denilson and Arshavin were better than I thought they would be, so that's a positive I guess. We still need to be more clinical - why are we making all these goalkeepers look World Class ffs.

Still, we're in the final of the League Cup!

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
ivansen said:
DJ Mango!

Not someone I'd pay £ 15 to go see at Ministry of Sound.

Would you pay a tenner if you were a member?

*reminisce on the good old days* :D

Kain

Established Member
Gave my vote to Koscielny, fair ****s to him. Made some great interceptions high up the pitch (especially the one where he went on his ass and continued to defend) plus popped up with the goal that sent us into the final & was part of yet another clean sheet performance.

#edit# also had to play an hour or so with a yellow f****** card that wasn't a yellow in a million years, thanks to the ref who should be nowhere near top flight football.

fabo

6.51 / 10
We were awful for a good hour. The final will be a slugfest I'd say.

Szczesny.........6....where was he for the Sagna collision. Nowhere near the ball.

Sagna........n/a
Eboue.........5....weak link straight away.
Djourou..........7
Koscielny........7
Clichy........6...beaten a couple of times.

Denilson.........6
Wilshere...........7....alot of sloppy moments.
Cesc.........7...+1 for the goal, not great otherwise.

Arshavin.......5....he's shot atm.
RVP........6....average.
Bendtner........7....extra for a superb goal. Kills us on the right though, too static.

Arsenal Quotes

The coach's role is to make the player understand everything that serves the interest of the game. To do this he must speak to the child within each player, to the adolescent he was and the adult he is now. Too often a coach tends only to speak to the adult, issuing commands for performance, for victory, for reflection, to the detriment of the child who is playing for pleasure, living in the present.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom