• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ratings and post-match discussion vs Ipswich

Man of the match:

• Cesc Fabregas

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • Johan Djourou

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Jack Wilshere

Votes: 39 62.9%
  • Laurent Koscielny

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • Nicklas Bendtner

Votes: 12 19.4%

• Total voters

ricky1985

Established Member
What a great night. Atmosphere was great, we put everything into the game, and refused to let bad luck and Ipswich giving it their absolute all, stop us from getting to the final. Very pleased and very proud of our effort and commitment.

MOTM would be either Jack or Koscielny, who were both outstanding. I'd just go with Jack, who's a true inspiration on that pitch, and at his age that's quite something. Everyone was good though, and as I said, every single player gave everything he had. And well done Nicklas, pulled out a pretty phenomenal goal, when we needed it most. Right in front of me too!

It was great to sing the old Wembley songs again, and singing the Stratford Sp**s song was great, to the tune of the Adebayor song - North Londonnnnnnn, **** off to Stratford, North London's ourrrrrrrrrs! Haha, great night. Only down side was finding out from the bloke next to me that United had just scored late on to win 3-2 at Blackpool. Literally as Fabregas was taking his touch before slotting the 3rd home. Took a little of the gloss off the goal. I knew they'd come back when I heard the score at half time, but it was still a kick in the balls. Oh well, Lucky northern ****ers will lose soon enough - Que Sera, Sera, we're going to Wembley, Que Sera, Sera!

squallkid

Established Member
Szczesny 8

Eboue 6
Koscielny 9
Djourou 7
Clichy 6

Denilson 8
Wilshere 9 MOTM
Fabregas 8

Bendtner 8
Van Persie 7
Arshavin 8

yuvken

Established Member
Arsène On Sagna's injury:
"Sagna had a concussion. He has to go to hospital, he was sick after the game. He has pain at his nose but the most worrying is the concussion of his head. Hopefully we can get good news tomorrow."
(ars.com)

Huddersfield thread, anyone? there's more than one way to wem-bah-lee

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
outlaw_member said:
Sczcesny 6/10

Eboue 5/10
Djourou 6/10
Koscielny 7/10
Clichy 6/10

Denilson 5/10
Wilshere 7/10
Fabregas 7/10

Arshavin 4/10
van Persie 6/10
Bendtner 6.5/10

I have to say I think the pressure got to us for long spells of that game so I agree with these ratings for some jittery performances. I'd bump everyone up by one though for the way they pulled collectively through at the end.

yuvken

Established Member
A whole week til then. If it's not severe, the Bac envelope should take it. Terrible if Boue will be there + playing many games without recovery time.

Gooner_Stu

Established Member
Didnt see enough of the game to make a MotM choice, but Bendys goal was very good (nice touch to control it in the air!!) and was impressed by Jack from what i did see. But the result is all the matters, Onwards to Wembley!!

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
All these players were very good, but Wilshere... I don't know what to say about him that hasn't already been said. Forget his class on the ball and his creativity, it's his defensive and tactical game that's so mind-blowing. As soon as we seem vulnerable to a counter attack he's back down our end like a shot. Covering every blade of grass, blocking off passing angles, throwing his body in the way. Oh, and how can someone so small have such long strides when taking the ball up the pitch?? Very Diaby-esque.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Wilshere MoTM for me. I hope this doesn't mean giving up my Bendtner fanboy status 8))

Y va marquer

Established Member
Wilshere MOTM
So strong going forward and his distribution was right on the mark.

I've been loud in my criticism of Bendtner recently but I thought he had a good game tonight.
Caused problems throughout and his goal was worthy of a top class striker which, apart from in his own head, he isn't.... at the moment.
:)

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
Szczesny 6

Eboue 5
Koscielny 7
Djourou 8
Clichy 6

Denilson 5
Wilshere 8.5
Fabregas 7

Bendtner 7
Van Persie 6
Arshavin 5.5

flobaba

The one thing I've noticed that seems to have improved about the team in recent games, is their ability to control the game, and keep the ball after we've got the lead/ desired result, and not gift possession unnecessarily to the opponents. And when they do lose the ball, you can truly see everyone (okay almost everyone), fighting earnestly to win it back.

Good performance, and although it was against a team who had no attacking aspirations whatsoever, we kept our heads, played our game, and were able to stay patient till the goal eventually came. Well done.

Wilshere gets my MOTM vote. He was superb.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

outlaw_member said:
The thing I loved most about Wilshere's recent performances is his desire for the cause. He gives that extra effort in certain situations that other players wouldn't. You even see him press relentlessly in harmless areas in order to overturn possession. Fabregas gave his absolute all today aswell, but Wilshere just played like a man possessed. Again, I didn't think he was great on the ball, even though it was definitely better than usual, but the intensity with which he plays the game is so refreshing.

Eboue, Denilson and Arshavin were really poor to varying degrees.

Yup agree ,must say as well Song has become an integral part of the midfield our play misses something when he is not there .
Arsavin had a continuation of his current form , but what an assist that was to Fabregas , draws the two players infield and passes to the vacated space to Fabregas . Clever player no matter how bad he is playing .

est

He always has the right ideas, it's that he's struggled to get the execution right lately.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
mistaT said:
Surprised Bendtner is getting only a quarter of the votes for MOTM as I thought he was very strong through the whole game.

Nearly assisted the opening goal with RVP deciding the cross bar was better to hit :wink: , was solid in possession, physical threat and defended well.

His goal was brilliant....reminded me of the one vs Aston Villa a while back. It also came at a pivotal period as it looked like the nerves were starting to build up.

Good on him to come through and put down a little of the Chamakh love fest that has deteriorated his stock.

Bendtner WAS the MOTM, fantastic performance which was head and shoulders above the rest. His movement, dedication (think about how he got the ball into the box twice in that moment during the first half), crosses were fantastic. The only criticism I had of him (and its harsh) was him not following up when RVP attacked the ball.

Ratings.

Chesney - 6 Good, needs to work on distribution

Eboue - 5 Didnt do much, needs to stop diving
Djourou - 7 Solid
Koscielny - 7 Solid
Clichy - 7 Improving

Wilshere - 7 Good
Denilson - 6 Better than usual
Fabregas - 5 Poor, until the goal

Bendtner - 8 MOTM, great game
RVP - 5 Poor
Arshavin - 4 lost the ball too much

G0D

Almighty
It's a toss up between Wilshere and Bendtner for me for man of the match. Can't really call it.

As for ratings.. I agree with the post above me with the exception of a 6 for Fabregas and a 7 for van Persie. Thought RVP did a good job maintaining possession whilst continually being swarmed an was unlucky not to score.

Anzac

Established Member
At the risk of opening another debate = a few observations re Bendtner in the WF role.

I've been against this as he lacks the pace or dribbling ability to take on defenders from outside the final 3rd, and I have preferred to think of him in the lone striker role. However now I no longer think he is suited to that position in the role of linking forward, primarily because his 1st touch & initial movement are too laboured when he is static & back to goal. IMO Bendtner is best suited to a role when he is able to keep moving & stay high on the pitch = as a CF he is more akin to Ade than RVP or Chamakh.

Like AA he is VERY good as a WF in the final 3rd but not so good in the middle 3rd playing deeper behind the forward line/advance players. However his crossing from the right is as good as anyone in the team both in quality & variety, and on the left he looks to come inside onto his right foot and go for goal from anywhere around the area (as opposed to trying to play the ball into the middle). He's scored about 3 very good goals from the left corner of the area of late & I'd look to use him on the left with RVP in the middle, and on the right with Chamakh in the middle, with license to get into the middle anytime the central striker drifts wide.

I posted during the match that his work in the final 3rd is what I like to see from goal scoring WFs (as opposed to creative support players), and in this regard he provides a very credable goal threat to our front 3.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Chesney 5 Needs to work on his kicking and came out for a cross he was never going to get.

Sagna N/A
DJ 7.5
Kos 8 MOTM, Very assured at the back.
Clichy 7

Wilshere 7.5
Fabregas 7
Denilson 4 He gets such a high mark(for him) as his performance improved in the second half. First half, he was a pile of poo.

Arshavin 7 Still not at his best but he's getting there.
Bendtner 7.5 He done well
RVP 6 Not at his best

Eboue 6
Nasri N/A
Walcot N/A.

Arsenal Quotes

One of the things I discovered in Japan was from watching sumo wrestling. At the end you can never tell who has won the fight, and who has lost, because they do not show their emotion because it could embarrass the loser. It is unbelievable. That is why I try to teach my team politeness. It is only here in England that everybody pokes their tongue out when they win.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom