• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Shakhtar Donetsk vs Arsenal 19.45pm Wednesday 3/11/10

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Now we have to win our last two games to ensure Spot 1.

And after both of these matches, we're away in the PL to Villa and ManUre (who're already through to the last 16).

Damn, I somehow expected a defeat today looking at the celection, but the performance was just pathetic.

banduan

Established Member
Daniel_Tucker said:
What an awful performance, we played as if we didn't want to win. No determination, no spirit, no points.
very harsh.

We played with plenty of spirit. Perhaps we had too much Ukrainian spirits before the match, cause our passing was all over the place.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Eboue really really really ****in pissed me off when he didn't chase after the ball when Fabianski made a good save, he could have quite easily have kept it in. That just about sums up his night, awful.Clichy was also pathetic and Vela's only usefui when things are going well. All round dire display from us tonight but we will be all right.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
GunneDown said:
Clrnc said:
FT 2-1. Dosen't matter, we will still go through

Not the point. This is a very poor performance. Wenger took a risk with this selection and it has not paid off.

Get the win, then rest the players.
Not really. We have tough matches coming up and this match isn't that important.

Furthermore, he only rested Sagna. We had too many injuries.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Not sure why people are so surprised at the result. Shakhtar are a strong team, the best in Eastern Europe and few have ever beaten them on their turf. We went into the game without our first choice midfield, and had a player upfront who couldn't control the ball. It was a decent performance given the players we had out there, and bar a few poor performers, we just lacked cutting edge. Chamakh's decision to turn a dangerous situation into a blunt one culminating with an atrocious cross from Eboue, pretty much summed up our night.

What did Mourinho do?

Y va marquer

Established Member
I really hate losing. Hate it.

No consolation in the fact that it wasn't our first team or that they have an excellent record at home.

Poor at the back apart from Fabianski, no real threat going forward.

Am I alone in wishing we'd sold Vela instead of Eduardo?

Still not certain of first place :-(

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Nela said:
Clrnc said:
Anybody saw what Mourinho did? Unreal. Gattuso furious
No. Why don't you tell us.
Celebrated like he won the European cup after Pedro Leon scored aka the OT style when he was managing Porto. Ran up and down and pulled Raul Albiol all the way past the Milan bench and pushed him on straight away for a sub.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
First defeat since Oct 3rd.

Beating Newcastle won't be easy either as they've had enough rest, and they're on a high after that 5-1 in the TWD, whereas we've killed our momentum.

Hope our injured players return ASAP.

Proof

Established Member
Y va marquer said:
Still not certain of first place :-(
Don't worry about it. We'll finish first. I hate Shakhtar's manager and it pisses me off, seeing him happy.

Eirico

outlaw_member said:
Not sure why people are so surprised at the result. Shakhtar are a strong team, the best in Eastern Europe and few have ever beaten them on their turf. We went into the game without our first choice midfield, and had a player upfront who couldn't control the ball. It was a decent performance given the players we had out there, and bar a few poor performers, we just lacked cutting edge. Chamakh's decision to turn a dangerous situation into a blunt one culminating with an atrocious cross from Eboue, pretty much summed up our night.

What did Mourinho do?

That's the worst thing about Chamakh. He seems **** scared to take on players. Every other attacker we have would have took on the player in that spot, the situation seemed similar to the one Bendtner scored against Newcastle (but Chamakh had even more space than Bendtner had).

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
P_Gunner said:
Eboue and Djourou suck.

That diving tw*t Eboue deserves a slap along with that other clown Clichy but I thought Djourou has quite a good game he made some good blocks.

giuliob

Disappointing loss.
Nik should have been subbed earlier, he is still finding his fitness and wish JET had come earlier as well. 8 minutes doesn't give the lad much time to show what he can do. I just don't get AW's sub patterns.
Theo's goal was the only bright spot in the first half. That is not good.
The midfield setup did not work very well. Wish Nasri had gotten more of the ball.
Sloppy, disorganized defense apart from Fabianski.

otfgoon

Established Member
I was more surprised by the start of the game (good from our point of view) than how it turned out. Saw this sort of performance/result/game coming a mile away.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Eirico said:
outlaw_member said:

What did Mourinho do?

That's the worst thing about Chamakh. He seems **** scared to take on players. Every other attacker we have would have took on the player in that spot, the situation seemed similar to the one Bendtner scored against Newcastle (but Chamakh had even more space than Bendtner had).

Yeah, I'm always disappointed in him whenever he chickens out like that. Very little confidence in himself to be a match winner.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
Just came in, not surprised at all to see we lost the game. We always fail in these type of games no matter what kind of team we put out. Hope no one got hurt and the likes of Cesc & Song return for Newcastle and we'll be good to go.

One thing that annoys me is the lack of passion we've apparantly shown again. It's getting tiresome now, losing would be so much easier to cope with if we'd actually put up a proper fight.

Kain

Established Member
Just more of the same away in Europe isn't it?

Last year we were comical in the group stage away games, gifting goals to the opposition: Standard Liege, AZ in the dying seconds, lost to Olympicaos in a game that mattered little as we had already qualified, Porto away, Messi. The year before that we shat goals away at Dynamo & Porto.

Our lack of concentration, meek performances in away trips for the Champions League is a common theme. When the opposition just plays a blinder (which can happen in this competition) you hold your hands up, you gave it your best shot, fair do. When you gift goals like Shakhtar's second tonight it just ruins confidence.

Winning streak now ends, our run of three consecutive clean sheets has been ended by an own goal & a gift. Injuries are not an excuse for the **** that was served up tonight.

Arsenal Quotes

If you eat caviar everyday, it's difficult to return to sausages

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom