• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Shakhtar Donetsk vs Arsenal 19.45pm Wednesday 3/11/10

Lespin

Poor performance. Wilshere and Fabianski were good, same thing can't be said for the rest of the team though. We need to forget this game a.s.a.p. and put down a performance against Newcastle this sunday.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Why do people always cite a lack of passion, desire, and other similar adjectives as the primary reason whenever we lose? Maybe, just maybe, it wasn't our day and the players were just poor, as opposed to not caring for the cause.

Y va marquer

Established Member
Not sure I'd see it as a lack of passion, seemed that there was a lack of sharpness and energy in the performance as opposed to players not having the desire to do what it took to win.

Nela

Established Member
I'm not that upset about the loss itself. Our fullbacks' inability to defend however, leaves me furious.

Eboue's general behaviour and attitude has been slipping lately, and it just makes it worse.

And as for Clichy, how long is this guy going to be allowed to make howler after howler.

ken_75

Our fears that the west ham match was a sign of shakiness have been realised after all. Shakthar are a good team but this was a winnable match that was thrown away by our full backs gifting two goals in my opinion.

godfather

GunneDown said:
Our passing has been so poor tonight. They have out played us all night. Fair result.

that's very harsh. but we were poor tonight.
Especially for Eboue, just nothing from him tonight

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
I'm grateful that I've never witnessed Graham's Arsenal sides, because otherwise I'd have suffered from serial heart attacks until today, while watching our current way of defending.

McIntyre

Established Member
It was the more experienced players who let us down tonight.

Rosicky did nothing.

Bendtner, although I'll acknowledge that he's finding his feet on his return from injury, should still be playing better than he did tonight.

Nasri wasn't exactly on song either.

But, above all, Eboue and Clichy were both dire. Positionally suspect; wasteful in possession; absolutely pathetic final balls all night; silly fouls; lacking concentration; just generally appalling.

It's in games like these that we should be expecting our more experienced players to perform to the height of their ability, not letting down their less experienced colleagues by turning in a shaky half-a*sed performance.

Very disappointed in the result.

Disappointed in the performance overall.

Extremely disappointed in the performances of certain players who should know better, and who should be able to perform to the height of their ability in games like this if we're going to have any chance of challenging for the league title or the Champions League this season.

Herbas

A team full of not regular or back from injury players is very unlikely to perform well, especially away against a very strong team. I would say there is little wrong with the loss and let's just move on.

Don Pacifico

Established Member
Kroket said:
Just came in, not surprised at all to see we lost the game. We always fail in these type of games no matter what kind of team we put out. Hope no one got hurt and the likes of Cesc & Song return for Newcastle and we'll be good to go.

One thing that annoys me is the lack of passion we've apparantly shown again. It's getting tiresome now, losing would be so much easier to cope with if we'd actually put up a proper fight.

When you admit to having missed the game, you haven't really got much right to criticise the players for lack of passion...

GDeep™

League is very weak
Bloody hell, watch the game before you question the passion. No big deal tonight for me, we had players missing and this was a tough tie, I fancied Shakhtar before the game too. Annoying to see Clichy make another schoolboy error.

Bossa

Established Member
Well at least we are still top of the group. A loss or a draw at Braga probably will mean that we finish second. So now we have to win that one. Shaktar will win at Partizan and at home at Braga imo.

Freagle

Disappointed. I thought defensively we were up & down. I was utterly disgusted when watching our players defend a set-piece. Total shambles. It's like we invite them to score.

Don't know but you guys, but we had plenty of chances, and many more chances where we decided to pass than shoot. I'm not sure of the actual statistics but we could of won the game easily. We were complacent and some of our players showed lack of concentration which is worrying to say the least.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Great opening goal. Wet performance after that.

Bendtner sat way too deep. And if there is any point to Eboue, I'd love to know what it is. God help us if Sagna goes down.

chandraraj

Pathetatic. Quite baffled by the team selection in the first place. Looks like Arsène has underestimated Shaktar. Eboue, Clichy were crap. When chasing a game why do we wait until so late to make subs?

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
ken_75 said:
Our fears that the west ham match was a sign of shakiness have been realised after all. Shakthar are a good team but this was a winnable match that was thrown away by our full backs gifting two goals in my opinion.

Most definitely. Mistakes , mistakes , mistakes. Oh boy, when will we ever learn!! This performance highlighted all the aspects of our game that we dislike!

We laid the foundations to win but yet again imploded and didn't have the know how to get something out of the game.

A wasted opportunity if ever there was one. I am really disappointed in this result as a victory here and we could have palyed our reserves for the last CL two games and focused our energies and resources on other priorities!!

I hope Wenger tears Clichy a new one!

Iloveyouarsenewenger

Established Member
I felt that Clichy was quite good apart from the unpardonable mistake. It was so bad the way he let Srna get away with the ball!

Eboue and Eastmond were the worst players on pitch for us. Bendtner's touches were, as usual, extremely inconsistent and largely unconvincing.

Funny thing is that, we still could have drawn or possibly won had Wilshere and Squillaci taken the two easy chances they had.

It's a game to forget, really.

Iloveyouarsenewenger

Established Member
And yes, JET is definitely a player who can make a great impact substitute for now. The sheer number of 50-50s that he'll win just because of his size in itself is a good reason for bringing him on when we chase a game.

Also, he's looked technically capable and don't remember him giving the ball away needlessly or making mistakes in the sub appearances that he has had. I feel sorry about Vela, but I can't see why we should not give JET a chance ahead of him.

Biggus

Established Member
redwhiteAustrian said:
I'm grateful that I've never witnessed Graham's Arsenal sides, because otherwise I'd have suffered from serial heart attacks until today, while watching our current way of defending.
Welcome to my world.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom