• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Stoke City vs Arsenal | EPL | Sat 27th Feb| 17:30 | SS1

General

Established Member
I don't buy this Ramsey was quicker than him argument. It's balls. Nasri passed to Bendtner who then lost it in the resulting tussle with Shawcross. Shawcross then kicked it forward and was actually favourite to the ball but for me this is where the damning evidence lies - If you watch carefully, his eyes were not on the ball when he went into the challenge. Although I don’t think there was any intent on his part to cause serious harm, he certainly went in to make his presence felt. It was a wild and reckless swing, all be it with his wrong foot, and there was very little to indicate that he intended to win the ball cleanly. Barclay made a great point when he said that once your foot leaves the ground in a tackle you run the risk of causing serious damage to the opposing player. Forget about this bogus character reference we keep hearing from Pullis and his posse. I think we can safely say that Shawcross is an out of control oaf who seems to be developing a habit of committing serious foul play. This was clearly the case when he tackled Ade's ankle off the pitch with the ball no where in sight. Recklessness was once again the common denominator.

Legend#1

Established Member
**** Shawcross, he's got previous.

He's broken Jeffers' ankle with a sick challenge, and went to break Adebayor last season.

Legend#1

Established Member
Also fair ****s to Clichy.

When everyone was understandably feeling down about Ramsey, he went around to everyone and rallied the troops, he picked up Tommy off the floor, got in everyones ear and urged them on, then played an absolute blinder for the last 25 mins.

thegame24

Established Member
Also need to add that it was a joke only 7 mins was added. Considering subs and that **** delap and ramsey being down longer than 7.

Why do these refs have a job?

Alfonso

Established Member
Legend number uno, I completley agree. Clichy's performance and response to the Ramsey injury was another weird symbolisation in a very meaningful game. It was two years ago that his top class form completely vanished. Lets hope that was his 'anti-birmingham'.

I did not think Clichy had those leadership qualities in him. But boy he did not find a better time to finally turn into a man. Now lets hope Walcott grows a pair and we really are in business :wink:

On a side note, had Stoke not gone to 10 men do you think we would have gone on and won the game? I dont think we would have. Just before the Ramsey injury I was saying to my mates at the pub that the game had 1-1 written all over it.

ricky1985

Established Member
Nah, we were all over them, Alf. It was only a matter of time, the devastation the injury caused was the oly thing that was going to stop us winning the game. Remember it was only the 64th minute when the injury happened, plenty of time left to make the overwhelming possession we were having count.

outlaw_member

Established Member
I thought the same thing, Alfonso, but who gives a ****? I don't mean to sound like a prick, though I suppose it's inevitable but not even Ramsey's injury was reason enough to put a downer on my weekend. I haven't felt this good since 2004 after the draw at White Hart Lane.

Alfonso

Established Member
I know what you mean Outlaw, last night's result was the best ive felt (Arsenal related) since Milan away in 08.

But from tomorrow I want us to concentrate on the next tasks ahead, we should not go over board, at the end of the day it was still only 3 points. We have to make yesterday count.

EastBelfast_Cannon

Alfonso said:
I know what you mean Outlaw, last night's result was the best ive felt (Arsenal related) since Milan away in 08.

But from tomorrow I want us to concentrate on the next tasks ahead, we should not go over board, at the end of the day it was still only 3 points. We have to make yesterday count.
Exactly, the spirit and heart shown yesterday will only count should we follow it up. The base of a mental strength revival is there, its using it to effect so on that note you are completely correct in saying that we shouldnt get carried away and concentrate on the task ahead bit by bit rather than the overall picture and possibilities.

Legend#1

Established Member
Even before the injury and red, we were dominating, they couldn't touch the ball, and were just lumping long balls, that Sol and Tommy were mopping up, a goal was definitely coming.

Which is why AFTER the injury, I thought it had drew written all over it, because for 10 mins after, we lost all momentum we had previous to it, but the lads rallied, and made me so proud,

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Klaus Daimler said:
lee1001 said:
if Shawcross got there first it would be him lying in the hospital.
No it wouldn't, for the very simple reason that Ramsey didn't went in with his foot off the ground.

Yup and why was he aiming to kick the ball in the direction Ramsey was coming instead of across him and why the massive wind up? The direction it was aimed it would have bounced of Ramsey anyway toward the stoke goal . Only explanation is he wanted to make a statement . Smarter thing to do would have been to body check him. Nah there was intent there , this is a guy who tackled adebayour when the ball had crossed the line and ade was standing outside the field of play - no one can tell me he doesn't have a streak to him .

giuliob

Was able to watch the game on the television, but no computer to join in on A-M until now. A few things.

Thought Clichy was having a fine game. Astonishment that DeLap created the goal. Disgusted with the lack of defending on the far post. And I'm sitting wallowing in misery when Cesc makes the perfect pass and Nik the perfect header. O, I felt much better.

Then totally distraught and sick to my stomach with Ramsey's injury.
First rational thought that came to mind was How will they handle this? Did they learn anything from Birmingham? And was really pleased to see Clichy continue to have a great game, to have certain players step forward and rally the team. Those last 25 minutes were incredible. And the huddle brought a lump to my throat.

These broken legs incidents really turn me off to the way English football is played. The lack of proper tackling technique, the wimpy refs who refuse to set the proper tone when a technically gifted team plays a less technically sound team. The wimpy head of some organization, either the FA or refs - name was Taylor(?). Gads, where do they find these officials?

My concern though is Ramsey. He is young, strong, and with all the support of family, friends, AFC and fans, I think he can make a full recovery. I won't feel good about it until I see him on the pitch one day soon.

True Gooner

Established Member
Why is it that people expect Wenger to be more restrained with his criticism of the tackle?

The guy broke Ramsey's leg in half for ****s sake! If there ever was a time where Wenger was justified in his criticism it was yesterday but almost every media outlet some how spins the situation around in the interest of "balance" where Shawcross is being victimised by nasty Wenger's moaning.

Some how Wenger's words are going to adversely affect Shawcross for the rest of his career (he'll forget about it by next Tuesday) and look no further than Tony Pulis who jumped the gun several times to defend Shawcross' personality after hearing that Wenger criticised the tackle. It's strange that people talk about football being passionate and emotional, especially in England, and yet Wenger's suppose to be reasonable after what was the most emotional game in 5 years?

ricky1985

Established Member
I know it's laughable, TG.

Pulis made me want to smack him one when he responded to being told by the interviewer that Wenger had called the tackle "unacceptable", by saying "well I know my players better than Wenger knows my players, he can keep his opinions (to him self), and his opinions, in respect of Ryan as a person and as a lad....Well....I wouldn't give tuppence for them because he doesn't know the kid."

For a start you cans sense the ill-feeling straight away, would he dare have the audacity to refer to Alex Ferguson as "Ferguson", in an interview after breaking one of his players legs? Hell no is the answer, he'd be begging forgiveness and calling him Sir Alex. Then he lays into Arsène for criticising Shawcross as a man, when all that Wenger had commented on was the unacceptable nature of the tackle itself, without saying one word about Shawcross' intent or personality/nature. You can see from the look on his face just how much contempt he has towards Arsène, and our club.

Stupid little men like him are everything that is wrong with this game. So backwards in their ways, they make Sam Alladyce look progressive. And the double standards between how these little ****s view and treat our club when compared to the reverence they show toward United and Fergie is sickening and embarrassing.

James

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1254454/MARTIN-SAMUEL-Now-Aaron-Ramsey--broken-legs-chance.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... hance.html</a>

Martin Samuel on the mark, yet again.

Edit: Article does contain quite a graphic photo of the injury. That's the class of the mail for you.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
True Gooner said:
Why is it that people expect Wenger to be more restrained with his criticism of the tackle?

The guy broke Ramsey's leg in half for f***s sake! If there ever was a time where Wenger was justified in his criticism it was yesterday but almost every media outlet some how spins the situation around in the interest of "balance" where Shawcross is being victimised by nasty Wenger's moaning.
Doing their usual thing. Wenger has been warning - or moaning, as it's usually translated in the papers - about these kind of consequences for years, only to be ridiculed and loathed. He must've felt annoyed as hell when Diaby's ankle went, powerless when Eduardo's career was almost ended and, I'd imagine, sick to his stomach yesterday when Ramseys leg went to pieces. Frankly none of those spastics have the slightest idea about what it feels like being in his position right now. He's been shouting at deaf ears for years, and as soon as his fears are realised they start to criticise him and calls him a moaning hypocrite. ****ing bastards. They're all a bigger part of the problem than they are of the solution.

James

Established Member
Ice Berg legend said:
oh dear God, the picture on that article is the worst yet
Worst part of the article. Sorry, should've mentioned that. In fact, i'm as shocked as you are they have used it. That's the mail for you.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not scared to spend money. If you go out with me one night, you will understand that.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom