• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Stoke City vs Arsenal | EPL | Sat 27th Feb| 17:30 | SS1

Nela

Established Member
Alfonso said:
ricky1985 said:
It's not Shawcross we need to look at, it's the whole culture surrounding tackles and "tactics" like we saw yesterday, and we see nearly ever week, from nearly every team who are technically inferior to us.

Blame the godfather of the Premier League, Alex Ferguson, he is the one who started all this 'lets kick Arsenal off the pitch' bs from around about 2002 onwards (since his side could not match us technically that is the only soloution he had, c**t). He is the guy who calls up managers and tells them to specifically injure our players (think Brum two years ago, Wigan 4 years ago and Bolton 7 years ago).
While I might not go quite as far as you went there, I thought the comments by a journalist on the Sunday Supplement were really interesting. He basically said that because Wenger isn't buddy-buddy with the old boys network of managers in the English game there's a tendency for other PL managers to almost gang up on him. I think Benitez has also been the victim of this.

Here's the clip of their discussion on the Ramsey injury and everything surrounding it. It's one of the few places that it's being discussed reasonably within the media.

http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,26691,13989_5991357,00.html

thegame24

Established Member
Anyone got a clip of fabregas?
I still aintseen ramseys one, not ready for it yet, i heard his foot was planeted so it must look even worse than i thought.

True Gooner

Established Member
thegame24 said:
Im looking for his words with pullis.

Oh right. Haven't seen that yet. Don't think anyone else paid much attention to it but hopefully someone posts it on youtube later.

Just re-watched the injury - it's not too bad in real time but best not to look at Ramsey's leg if your squeamish but for those who want a re-cap:

Both Clichy and Cesc couldn't believe what was happening. Cesc and, particularly, Sol were going absolutely mental and I genuinely think Fuller was lucky that Sol didn't deck him. Unlike Eduardo, Ramsey seemed to have some consciousness of the incident and managed to signal to the bench. Bendtner and Eboue basically pushed Shawcross away when he came to check up on Ramsey.

The worst part of it is that in some videos uploaded you can hear the snap. Sickening.

thegame24

Established Member
I could tell the way he dropped that it wasnt good. Its the first time i called an injury before seeing what actually happened. I really knew it was another eduardo.

It is quite sickening and wrong tha its happened 3 times in last 5 years, coincedently when united started the tactic of kicking us in 2005 with reyes.

MAK 14

Established Member
True Gooner said:
Unlike Eduardo, Ramsey seemed to have some consciousness of the incident and managed to signal to the bench.
I was thinking the same thing. At first, before I actually saw his leg, I thought he was fine because he didn't signal to the bench as if he had a broken leg - he wasn't screaming or anything. Perhaps the shock was preventing him from feeling the full extent of the pain.

Vermaelen, in particular, looked very upset about the hold incident. He looked like he was going to throw up. I remember him saying "f**k me" and then bobbing down and having a sit on the ground with his hands behind his head.

TOPG

Established Member
The funny thing about it is that Stoke fans are blaming our players notably Cesc and Sol for running up to the referee and convincing him it was a red card.

I was listening to the radio earlier and a stoke fan phoned into 606 and was saying how Arsène Wenger is killing Ryan Shawcross mentally with what he was saying after the game and that will effect him midweek whilst with England. The guy on 606 Gabriele Marcotti was backing the Arsenal players saying they have the right to do so and Arsène Wenger can state his opinion because one of his rising stars have just broken there leg. The Stoke fan was getting pissed and was trying to say Arsène Wenger was in the wrong.

To be fair i couldn't give a f**k how Ryan Shawcross is feeling or his England career i just hope this dirty c*nt gets a lengthy ban.

Goonereagle

Horrible way to think, I know, but, the tackling discussion should help us away to Hull, now. Phil Brown no doubt would have gee'd his boys up to get at us, but now he'll know he won't be able to as much as he'd like.

I'm fine with upper body strength etc, but when force goes behind the leg tackling anything can happen. Drogba is successful V us because of his upperbody, and it is similar with Man U though they are more dirty in their tackling as mentioned about Reyes in '05.

It is a little surprising Scholes hasn't seriously hurt someone. I also wonder what goes through Roy Keane's mind when he sees incidents like this, as he purposely went out to inflict this sort of damage on Haaland.

lee1001

Established Member
Of all three incidents (Diaby, Eduardo and Ramsey) this tackle was the least malicious and i really don't blame Shawcross. He didn't dive in two footed with studs up like some players do. Ramsey was a fraction of second quicker than him and you can see Shawcross swing his leg as if he wanted to kick the ball. It could gave quite easily gone the other way, if Shawcross got there first it would be him lying in the hospital.

ricky1985

Established Member
I saw his leg hanging the moment it happened, for a split-second it didn't register, and then I saw Vermaelen on his knees and my heart sank.

ricky1985

Established Member
lee1001 said:
Of all three incidents (Diaby, Eduardo and Ramsey) this tackle was the least malicious and i really don't blame Shawcross. He didn't dive in two footed with studs up like some players do. Ramsey was a fraction of second quicker than him and you can see Shawcross swing his leg as if he wanted to kick the ball. It could gave quite easily gone the other way, if Shawcross got there first it would be him lying in the hospital.
I agree it wasn't malicious, but it's not accurate to say had Shawcross got their first he'd be the one in hospital. Ramsey didn't lunge in, Ramsey didn't have his foot 18 inches off the ground, and Ramsey was in full control of his body at impact. Like I said it wasn't malicious, but it was dangerous, clumsy and reckless.

True Gooner

Established Member
TOPG said:
I was listening to the radio earlier and a stoke fan phoned into 606 and was saying how Arsène Wenger is killing Ryan Shawcross mentally with what he was saying after the game and that will effect him midweek whilst with England.

:lol: Thick ****. And Ramsey's going to have to live with it for at least the best part of 3-4 years. Eduardo and Diaby haven't fully gotten over their injuries and it's not unreasonable to imagine Ramsey's going down that route. I just hope we remember to back him during the long rehabilitation ahead.

Micke

So I was standing on my balcony tonight, throwing big f*cking rocks at a garbage can on the street. After I had thrown, say 10-15, rocks I accidentally hit a guy in the face who suffered a bad head injury. It felt awful and I started crying, apologizing like mad. The police has told me not to throw rocks for a couple of weeks but since I was crying and apologizing no further punishment was required.

It pisses me off that Shawcross is beeing pointed out as some sort of victim. "Oh, look at him crying! And what a good lad he is for apologizing." Well thats the way it f*cking should be! The is no heroism for feeling bad when you f*ck up, it's common sense!

Pulis has stated that there's no bad blood in Shawcross and that there were no malice in the tackle. Well so what!? The means he's not a criminal but just incredible stupid for jumping in to a tackle like that and kicking hard as sh*t. Throw rocks from the balcony and people will get hurt. Jump in to tackles like that and young talented players will get their legs snapped! It's * and it makes me f*cking pissed, sad and disgusted.

"Let's rough them up, get in their faces, stop them from playing". It's this mentality that indirect has lead to that one of the best prospects in world football has broken his leg and severely damaged his development. It's not acceptable.

I had to get this of my chest.

EastBelfast_Cannon

True Gooner said:
TOPG said:
I was listening to the radio earlier and a stoke fan phoned into 606 and was saying how Arsène Wenger is killing Ryan Shawcross mentally with what he was saying after the game and that will effect him midweek whilst with England.

:lol: Thick c**t. And Ramsey's going to have to live with it for at least the best part of 3-4 years. Eduardo and Diaby haven't fully gotten over their injuries and it's not unreasonable to imagine Ramsey's going down that route. I just hope we remember to back him during the long rehabilitation ahead.
Very good point and one I 100% agree with. When that happened to eddy I swore that I would support the guy throughout his career should he return and give him the patience needed to regain form. As seen with some arsenal supporters patience with eddy, I hope it isnt repeated with Aaron. The guy deserves every single fans 100% support and patience throughout his recovery and return.

Lazaq

EastBelfast_Cannon said:
Very good point and one I 100% agree with. When that happened to eddy I swore that I would support the guy throughout his career should he return and give him the patience needed to regain form. As seen with some arsenal supporters patience with eddy, I hope it isnt repeated with Aaron. The guy deserves every single fans 100% support and patience throughout his recovery and return.
So true, and I expect our medical team to know what to do with these kinds of injuries by now. Which good, bur also very, very depressing...

Arsenal Quotes

You weren’t world-class when Arsenal signed you

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom