• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Stoke City vs Arsenal | EPL | Sat 27th Feb| 17:30 | SS1

IBL

Established Member
Article was spot on though.

Shawcross obviously didnt mean to injure Ramsey like that but when you go in as hard as that then you're always risking it, no surprises that the three breakages we've had have come from lesser teams who'd be unable to compete with us on a technical level

AliBabaBrewer

Some people are saying that he shouldn't've been sent off for breaking a man's leg in two.

Why the f**k not?

Are you only to be sent off for intent to do things? When you mean for them to happen??

People don't just go to prison when they kill people on purpose. They go down when they do it by accident too. It's called manslaughter.

Captain

Established Member
It's not quite that simple.

It was however a sending off and I am coming around to it being intentional and requiring a further ban having thought differently yesterday.

IBL

Established Member
Its the way he swings in so hard, he was always going to get the player regardless of if he won the ball or not. It was wreckless

AliBabaBrewer

Shawcross meant to be dangerous, but he didn't mean to cause harm.
Though I've noticed that's how the whole team played. And that's how any team outside of the top 8 thinks against us.

Unfortunately for Shawcross, he was the straw that broke the metaphorical back/leg and so he was the one who's suffered the concequences of their style of play. Well, as well as Ramsey.

patrick42uk

Established Member
Its about the character of the person as well. Its really does crack me up the defence of Shawcross' character. If Diaby for instance was involved in a situation like this, you can argue about the speed of the game, the speed of the player, about how he has ridiculosuly long limbs that he struggles to control when he goes in for a tackle.

Ultimately, you ask the question, would Diaby set out in a challenge to get anything but the ball? When you look for the answer to this think of the tackles he made on steinson, sneijder and terry.

Then ask yourself the same question about Shawcross and think of the tackles on Jeffers (or its description, dout many have seen it) and on Adebayor.

Floating

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
I thought the same thing, Alfonso, but who gives a s**t? I don't mean to sound like a prick, though I suppose it's inevitable but not even Ramsey's injury was reason enough to put a downer on my weekend. I haven't felt this good since 2004 after the draw at White Hart Lane.

Wow, class avatar, mate. Le Samouraï is one of my favorites!

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
AliBabaBrewer said:
Some people are saying that he shouldn't've been sent off for breaking a man's leg in two.

Why the f**k not?

Are you only to be sent off for intent to do things? When you mean for them to happen??

People don't just go to prison when they kill people on purpose. They go down when they do it by accident too. It's called manslaughter.

Agreed.

In the same way that injuring someone in a car is an offence, speeding in a car is also an offence.

I'm sure people who speed don't have the intention of injuring someone, but if they do then the punishment should be severe. They should have had better control in the situation, and they should be made an example of.

Anzac

Established Member
James said:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1254454/MARTIN-SAMUEL-Now-Aaron-Ramsey--broken-legs-chance.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Martin Samuel on the mark, yet again.

Edit: Article does contain quite a graphic photo of the injury. That's the class of the mail for you.

Great article - sh*t photo.

Anzac

Established Member
DJ_Markstar said:
AliBabaBrewer said:

Why the f**k not?

Agreed.

In the same way that injuring someone in a car is an offence, speeding in a car is also an offence.

I'm sure people who speed don't have the intention of injuring someone, but if they do then the punishment should be severe. They should have had better control in the situation, and they should be made an example of.

For me a better analogy is drink driving = you know it's wrong, you know the risks, you know the consequences if you get caught & you know the potential damage because of the effects - yet too many still view it as an acceptable risk because 'everyone does it' or it's some right of passage crap.

Ron Burgundy

Established Member
Has anyone else noticed how much Arsène exaggerates how young our players are? It's happened before, and it's happened again now.

Arsène Wenger said:
In midfield against Stoke we had Ramsey, Cesc Fabregas, Samir Nasri and Emmanuel Eboue, with an average age of 21.

Up front we have Nicklas Bendtner, who is 20. What these guys do, at that age, is absolutely remarkable, to handle the game like they did.

The average age of those four players is 22.25. Young - yes. But his facts are wrong.

He then goes on to say that Nick is 20. Well, he's not. He's 22.

It just seems odd that he's exaggerating how young they are. If anything, he should be doing the opposite, especially since he's said that we're no longer a young team.

marco

RockyRocastle said:
Well, what an incredibly emotional day that was. Disgust, anger, sadness, joy, extasy. I have not experienced anything like that for a long, long time.

When we saw Aaron laying on the floor and the reactions from the players that followed it became obvious what had happened. It was Birmingham all over again, and I dont think anyone could quite believe it. I felt sick.

The atmosphere in our end changed in that instant. It became very nasty, and made even worse by the gestures and songs of the Stoke fans near by. It was sick and a disgrace, but they are a two bob club and two bob support and should just be treated with the contempt they deserve. What a joke of a football club. Classless I think is the word.

I will say that it is a good job we were not allowed to mingle with them after the game though. Emotions were running incredibly high.

I have never felt more together with the rest of our support and the players than at the end of the game yesterday. In the circumstances it was a monumental f****g performance to do what they did.
Ever since the Utd game I have felt so disenchanted with all things Arsenal, but the spirit and togetherness shown yesterday made so feel so, so proud.

I watched the game back this morning, and I was choking back the tears. It really is amazing the emotions that football conjours up in you.

I have run out of words to describe Cesc now. His performance and attitude was just fantastic. I didnt notice him ssshhhhing Pulis at the game, but when I saw him doing it on the TV I was out of my seat going mental with him screaming the house down. What a f****g legend the guy is.

And the less said about Tony f****g Pulis the better. What an utter, utter ****o this noboby is. Won f**k all in his entire career, a total non entity and stuck in the dark ages in his footballing philosphy. Could he be at a more perfect club?

I feel no sympathy for Shawcross. He was out to do someone ever since Cesc fouled him. I dont think he intended to break Ramsey's leg of course, but I dont doubt for a second he meant to put in a stong tackle to rough up a 'shandy drinking little Arsenal poof' (trademark the English media). And a 19 year old with his leg hanging off is the result.

But he is a good, honest English lad. Salt of the Earth. Has a good family. We must direct all our sympathy to him, and not the 19 year old whose career is in doubt. f**k off.

The events of yesterday just seemed too significant to amount to nothing. We have just got to take something of the emotion and feelings that were generated on into the rest of the season. I still dont think we will win the league, but if we do, it will have been this game that was the catalyst.

And to any yid, manc, scouser, knuckle dragging sister shagging Stoke fan, or to any jingoistic little Englander **** bag journo reading this and disagreeing - f**k off. I dont care.

Spot on in everything you said. thinking of cesc and sol going mad is giving my goosebumps even now
your right about shawcross turning the atmos in our end i know i wasnt in control of myself when he came towards us..- if there was a count of the number of times i said the word C**T i would be up there

James

Established Member
Fantastic post Rocky, can't believe i missed that. Shared all the emotion watching it on the box. Wish i could've been there.

Saturdays events brought us all closer to the players, something that's been distinctly lacking. Never felt so proud to be a Gooner.

outlaw_member

Established Member
floating said:
outlaw_member said:
I thought the same thing, Alfonso, but who gives a s**t? I don't mean to sound like a prick, though I suppose it's inevitable but not even Ramsey's injury was reason enough to put a downer on my weekend. I haven't felt this good since 2004 after the draw at White Hart Lane.

Wow, class avatar, mate. Le Samouraï is one of my favorites!

Le Cercle Rouge is better. :thumbup

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

James said:
Captain said:
To be fair it has been in every paper that I have looked at today.
I've been in mugabe media lockdown most of the day.

:lol:

I can't wait to hear Alan Davies' and Co's thoughts on the game.

qs

Established Member
AliBabaBrewer said:

Why the f**k not?

Its a strange reaction by people saying he shouldn't have been sent off. If it hadn't resulted in injury and the replays had been shown a I guarantee those people wouldn't say it was only a yellow but when they see the tears and the extent of Ramseys injury suddenly they start sticking up for Shawcross.

qs

Established Member
Stoke **** on TV now "these things happen in football" "Ryans never been sent off" "lovely family" etc, etc

Classless ****s.

Arsenal Quotes

It works. I am just waiting until everyone has copied it, then I shall come up with something new.

Herbert Chapman on the famous WM formation
Top Bottom