• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Stoke vs Arsenal ratings

Swish

Established Member
Ron Burgundy said:
Swish said:
Vela 6 - More liked than Theo despite being just as effective.
Not fair. Theo's played more than triple the amount of games that Carlos has. I think most people simply can't understand why Theo's gotten so many chances whilst Carlos never seems to.
Appearances last season (Vela's first season, including notorious 'blooding' period):

Theo - 22
Vela - 14

Appearances this season:

Theo - 9
Vela - 8

I can't understand why people seem to think that Theo gets far more chances than Vela does.

OohtobeaGoonerGal

Established Member
Ron Burgundy said:
Not fair. Theo's played more than triple the amount of games that Carlos has. I think most people simply can't understand why Theo's gotten so many chances whilst Carlos never seems to.

This season? In what world? They've both had as scarce games as eachother. Vela will reguarly come on as sub, Theo may be a sub or start but be injured by the next match.

Swish

Established Member
SA Gunner said:
The big issue for me is the effect this defeat will have on our confidence and subsequently momentum.
Probably the same effect the previous unbeaten games have had on our confidence and subsequent momentum going into this match... **** all.

MAK 14

Established Member
Fabianski 5 - Okay, shaky at times.

Coquelin 5 - Not the best performance i've seen from him.
Campbell 7 - Very good today. Won every header he needed to.
Silvestre 5 - Didn't play too well.
Traore 6 - I thought he did well today.

Eastmond 5 - Was decent.
Fabregas 6 - Needed more runners and space today.
Denilson 5 - He was good in the first half, decent in the second.

Walcott 5 - Played a few nice passes and took players on the first half. Anonymous really in the second.
JET 4 - Thought he was pretty poor in all honesty.
Vela 5.5 - Did well, should of definitely scored though.

arsmile

Established Member
Swish said:
Appearances this season:

Theo - 9
Vela - 8

but that is despite the fact that theo has only been fit and available for about 9 games this season, whereas vela hasnt been injured that much at all and was instead overlooked.

when theo's fit- wenger is far too keen to start him.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Swish said:
SA Gunner said:
The big issue for me is the effect this defeat will have on our confidence and subsequently momentum.
Probably the same effect the previous unbeaten games have had on our confidence and subsequent momentum going into this match... f**k all.

Its not that simple Swish.

Our game is built on decisive action and that stems from confidence. A drop of confidence and belief reflects on the players decision making and thus performance.

Look for example at how we usually play, we usually have fantastic spells of territory and possession after half time as well as after the first 20 minutes of play. Similarly when we are being closed down completely or the opposition is behind the ball do you see players reduced to passing side to side.

Villa will note this and will try to use it to their advantage. Watch the start by Villa on Wednesday, they will want to pummel us.. i.e. capitalising on the Stoke loss.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Fabianski 5

Coquelin 4
Campbell 6
Silvestre 5
Traore 4

Eastmond 5
Denilson 5
Cesc 5

Walcott 3 (Almost as bad as Almunia's performance a month back)
Vela 4
JET 4

Kraig

Established Member
arsmile said:
OohtobeaGoonerGal said:
there wasn't anything he did to warrant those ratings..

there wasnt anything he did to warrant any rating, that's the problem....i'm not even sure he exists...i've got imaginary friends who have a more emperically measurable influence on realworld events than him.

those imaginary friends would offer up more thought out ratings too id imagine :roll:

Swish

Established Member
arsmile said:
Swish said:
Appearances this season:

Theo - 9
Vela - 8

but that is despite the fact that theo has only been fit and available for about 9 games this season, whereas vela hasnt been injured that much at all and was instead overlooked.

when theo's fit- wenger is far too keen to start him.
Give over, Vela has spent a collective couple of months injured this season. He went completely off the radar when coming back from Mexico because nobody knew that he was still out injured.

Theo was fit for the second Bolton game, he came on as a sub. In fact, Theo has made a lot of sub appearances this season. It's probably due to the fact that Theo mainly plays on the right wing, which has been primarily contested by Nasri (who has been injured for most of the season), Rosicky (who has been injured for most of the season) and Eboue (who is currently at the ACN) whereas Vela mainly plays on the left wing which is primarily contested with Arshavin (who hasn't been injured at all).

Swish

Established Member
SA Gunner said:
Swish said:
SA Gunner said:
Probably the same effect the previous unbeaten games have had on our confidence and subsequent momentum going into this match... f**k all.

Its not that simple Swish.

Our game is built on decisive action and that stems from confidence. A drop of confidence and belief reflects on the players decision making and thus performance.

Look for example at how we usually play, we usually have fantastic spells of territory and possession after half time as well as after the first 20 minutes of play. Similarly when we are being closed down completely or the opposition is behind the ball do you see players reduced to passing side to side.

Villa will note this and will try to use it to their advantage. Watch the start by Villa on Wednesday, they will want to pummel us.. i.e. capitalising on the Stoke loss.
So Villa will want to capitalise on the Stoke loss by scoring early. Whereas Stoke capitalised on our Bolton wins by scoring early?

OohtobeaGoonerGal

Established Member
Kraig said:
arsmile said:
there wasnt anything he did to warrant any rating, that's the problem....

Does scoring a goal be the only way you classify him as doing something, considering Stoke aren't the type of team that will let him enjoy his game, our passing at times was abysmal in the first half, but his was good, and when he came off, nothing changed on the attacking front.

Swish

Established Member
You're going against the general consensus that Theo is **** and will always be **** GoonerGal. It's usually only done by people who like to tack on to the fashionable dislike of certain players. So it's best just to give up and let me saying 'I told you so' rather than having the balls to get behind a player.

gunnerGH

Established Member
Fabianski - 6 did ok

Coquelin - 5 got beat today on the wings
Campbell - 6
Silvestre - 6
Traore - 5 got beat today on the wings

Denilson - 7
Fabregas - 7
Eastmond - 7

Vela - 7
Thomas - 7
Walcott - 6

Arshavin - 5
Eduardo - 5
Ramsey - 6

Oh and on a positive note i like Emmanuel-Thomas.

I think we should offload Bendy and keep him instead :)

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Swish said:
So Villa will want to capitalise on the Stoke loss by scoring early. Whereas Stoke capitalised on our Bolton wins by scoring early?

Put it to you this way.

Villa will be willing to push us more early on than they would if we thrashed Bolton today. Villa knows that we have lost our rhythm on the pitch and the game and that feeling will make us more reserved and not willing to confidently go forward as we usually do until, during the match, we rediscover our confidence with sustained possession and chances created.

Had we thrashed Bolton today our confidence and thus ability to make good decisions and create chances would have been sky high. Villa would know that with "Arsenal in the mood" they should demoralise us first.

United will be lying in wait as well... hoping Villa can soften us up even further.

Swish

Established Member
SA Gunner said:
Swish said:

Put it to you this way.

Villa will be willing to push us more early on than they would if we thrashed Bolton today. Villa knows that we have lost our rhythm on the pitch and the game and that feeling will make us more reserved and not willing to confidently go forward as we usually do until, during the match, we rediscover our confidence with sustained possession and chances created.

Had we thrashed Bolton today our confidence and thus ability to make good decisions and create chances would have been sky high. Villa would know that with "Arsenal in the mood" they should demoralise us first.

United will be lying in wait as well... hoping Villa can soften us up even further.
Firstly, we played Stoke today, not Bolton.

Secondly, Villa aren't stupid enough to think we'll play the same squad against them that we played against Stoke today. You on the other hand...

OohtobeaGoonerGal

Established Member
Swish said:
You're going against the general consensus that Theo is s**t and will always be s**t GoonerGal. It's usually only done by people who like to tack on to the fashionable dislike of certain players. So it's best just to give up and let me saying 'I told you so' rather than having the balls to get behind a player.

But what has he done to deserve it? I just don't understand. He is only a 20 year old boy who like the majority of others his age, are still unpolished and others develop quicker. He's suffered setback after setback that extend more than just this season, games like Villareal, Slavia Prague,etc shows what he's capable of, others may think it doesn't matter to them but it does, to him. Psychologically his career has been tough. But whatever, I'm not leaving his side, and one day he will prove why.

Arsenal Quotes

A football team is like a beautiful woman. When you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom