• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL: Marseille vs Arsenal | Wed 19/10/11 @ 19:45 ITV1

Bossa

Established Member
Arsenal 8pts
Marseille 6pts
Olympiakos 3pts
Dortmund 1pt

If we win at home against Marseille then we will win this group.

Hoya

Sub puts a great ball in that another sub moves on and it falls to yet another sub who scores the winner. Wenger knows.

Koscielny should be an auto-starter in Europe, he really shines in these games. Song saved our behind a few times. Fair play to them.

And Djourou played waaaay better than he has in ages, plus a really good attacking ball to win the game. Did more than Jenkinson in half the time.

Santos, Arteta, Rosicky, Arshavin and Walcott all kinda sucked, but that's 3 points baby!

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Good result looks like i will cant watching arsenal game for next 2 months cuz my internet is s**t, but i want to thx you guys without you i dont know what i will do.

well done to the lads looks like its was a boring game but we got 3 points and thats what is important.

Ron Burgundy

Established Member
Is it just me or does Santos seem to have worse stamina than Shava? Looked exhausted to me tonight and he looked dead on his feet against Blackburn.

DanielVale

Kos and Merte both solid. Loved merte and arteta celebrating at the end. Good solid 2nd half, suspect 1st half, but a clean sheet away in Europe...one more win and that's our group sorted!

blaze_of_glory

Ramsey certainly has a goal-scoring touch about him hey? If he can get his overall play back up to where it should be he will be a big player for us.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
You don't play well in European away games unless you're Barca or Real Madrid. Absolutely delighted with this, a great result and another tiny step towards recovery.

Irish_Owen

Established Member
Loved that win...

Koscielny, Merte, Arteta and Song all impressive

And on a side note, Santos needs to hit the gym!!

cuban

Established Member
Ron Burgundy said:
Is it just me or does Santos seem to have worse stamina than Shava? Looked exhausted to me tonight and he looked dead on his feet against Blackburn.

noticed that too...he really should sort it out, so much ability going forward...now he plays like Cafu in last minute of ET except from 1st minute...

Hoya

Ron Burgundy said:

It looks like he runs out of steam after about 50-60 minutes every game. I'm not sure what the problem is exactly but hopefully he can get into proper shape soon.

The good thing about him is that when he does get knackered, he stays back and defends more, so that's not so bad. But he needs to get in better shape clearly. I think he should still start in Europe, but Gibbs should get the nod in most domestic games.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I thought that was a really good performance, we were very solid , kept posession well . Yes we weren't expansive but we have to establish solidity before we can be expansive again .

Our first good cross ( apparently we attempted 28 and none reached an arsenal player ) and we scored . Great positioning from Ramsey btw.

alboots101

Established Member
Roy Keane...what a ****.

1-0 TO THE ARSENAL.

Although Marshitte were f*ck*ng awful second half, I think we deserved that, we carried the game to them and I`ve been desperate for us to grab a last minute winner.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Hoya said:
Ron Burgundy said:

It looks like he runs out of steam after about 50-60 minutes every game. I'm not sure what the problem is exactly but hopefully he can get into proper shape soon.

The good thing about him is that when he does get knackered, he stays back and defends more, so that's not so bad. But he needs to get in better shape clearly. I think he should still start in Europe, but Gibbs should get the nod in most domestic games.

Same as Taarabt carrying the extra pounds is tiring .

spartandre217

Established Member
cuban said:
Ron Burgundy said:

noticed that too...he really should sort it out, so much ability going forward...now he plays like Cafu in last minute of ET except from 1st minute...

Some people are like that you know. Low stamina and very little can be done to fix it. Also has a lot to do with style of play as well. The medical team will definitely work on it as best they can though.

McIntyre

Established Member
Hoya said:
And Djourou played waaaay better than he has in ages, plus a really good attacking ball to win the game. Did more than Jenkinson in half the time.

The difference is that when Djourou put that ball into the box there were three Arsenal players in there.

For 62 minutes Jenkinson was putting crosses into the box to van Persie alone, while Walcott and Arshavin wandered around doing f*ck all to get into the box!

Arsenal Quotes

When you look at people who are successful, you will find that they aren’t the people who are motivated, but have consistency in their motivation.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom