• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL: Marseille vs Arsenal | Wed 19/10/11 @ 19:45 ITV1

Hoya

blaze_of_glory said:
Ramsey certainly has a goal-scoring touch about him hey? If he can get his overall play back up to where it should be he will be a big player for us.

From that range, his finishing seems to be top class. Further out he flubs some of his shots but from around where he scored tonight, he has a really good finish. With end product such an issue this year, I can't see not starting him when healthy, his other struggles considered.

Plus, the goals will have him playing with more confidence, and that's most of the battle I think...

I think I'm more excited about this game because it was so dire and then BOOM. Winner. :mrgreen:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Is it me or does Roy Keane always look on the verge of biting out someones adams apple?

Ron Burgundy

Established Member
cuban said:
noticed that too...he really should sort it out, so much ability going forward...now he plays like Cafu in last minute of ET except from 1st minute...
Hoya said:
It looks like he runs out of steam after about 50-60 minutes every game. I'm not sure what the problem is exactly but hopefully he can get into proper shape soon.

Thing is, I like Santos; I think he's got some excellent attributes - especially since we've lacked offensive ability from our fullbacks in recent years. If he can slim down slightly and get into better shape, I'd have him over Gibbs.

dpt49

Established Member
Best performance of the season, we actually played as a team and deserved the win.

I see Roy Keane has lost none of his charm. What an idiot he is

arsenallegends

Established Member
so giddy yeah baby!
Ramsey with a good finish.

Song, Koscielny, Rosicky and Jenkinson in parts did well tonight. Van Persie as well with what he could muster.
Predictably poor from Arteta, Theo and Arshavin though.

cuban

Established Member
McIntyre said:
Hoya said:
And Djourou played waaaay better than he has in ages, plus a really good attacking ball to win the game. Did more than Jenkinson in half the time.

The difference is that when Djourou put that ball into the box there were three Arsenal players in there.

For 62 minutes Jenkinson was putting crosses into the box to van Persie alone, while Walcott and Arshavin wandered around doing f*ck all to get into the box!

but Theo is not a winger...he is a striker...oh wait..

Hoya

McIntyre said:
Hoya said:
And Djourou played waaaay better than he has in ages, plus a really good attacking ball to win the game. Did more than Jenkinson in half the time.

The difference is that when Djourou put that ball into the box there were three Arsenal players in there.

For 62 minutes Jenkinson was putting crosses into the box to van Persie alone, while Walcott and Arshavin wandered around doing f*ck all to get into the box!

That's an excellent point. And Jenkinson actually does have a good cross on him too. Ramsey and Gervinho came on and really played positively, which was nice to see (although all to briefly). Hopefully it will all click for us one day :)

One of Walcott's positives, especially for a team like Arsenal, is that he play more direct, but he really was a lost soul out there tonight...

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
I think the players noticed after 80 mins, that Marseille had nothing left in their locker and were starting to really tire, whilst we'd still something to offer.

It was a tactical victory more than anything, we let them play in the first half and also benefited from their low level of confidence, and in the second half our patience paid off big time.

I've missed those dirty and hard fought 1-0 victories and today, we definitely rewarded ourselves for the amount of work we put into the game and our mental toughness (I hate this phrase as well, but it's fitting this time).

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

alboots101 said:
Roy Keane...what a ****.

1-0 TO THE ARSENAL.

Although Marshitte were f*ck*ng awful second half, I think we deserved that, we carried the game to them and I`ve been desperate for us to grab a last minute winner.

Did the clown say something about us ? we are just getting bagged from all sides I noticed 'Van Persie deserves better'. Its become quite pathetic.

Really high quality cross from Djourou ? looks like he could be a good option at right back .

McIntyre

Established Member
alboots101 said:
Roy Keane...what a ****.

:lol: I just laughed at that comment he made. Means the Arsenal fans got to him when he was playing and he's still bitter about it.

Wouldn't be surprised if they gave him some stick in the stadium tonight too. Maybe sung a bit of "Vieira...woah-oh..." to get under his skin.

Banter. You gotta love it. :D

cuban

Established Member
Ron Burgundy said:
Thing is, I like Santos; I think he's got some excellent attributes - especially since we've lacked offensive ability from our fullbacks in recent years. If he can slim down slightly and get into better shape, I'd have him over Gibbs.

exactly my thoughts...maybe its just because he's had no pre season...I can't imagine demanding Fener fan tolerating unfit players too much..and they loved him over there

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I never heard him say anything negative about us. He just had this really angry, superior aura about him though. Weird.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Hard fought win and I'm very pleased with the clean sheet. It will restore some confidence to our back 5.

Per was once again very solid and so way Koscielny who was MOTM for me. Song and Jenko were decent as well.

Arshavin and Theo were rubbish, oh wait Walcott is not a winger, he's a stinker.

alboots101

Established Member
McIntyre said:
alboots101 said:
Roy Keane...what a ****.

:lol: I just laughed at that comment he made. Means the Arsenal fans got to him when he was playing and he's still bitter about it.

Wouldn't be surprised if they gave him some stick in the stadium tonight too. Maybe sung a bit of "Vieira...woah-oh..." to get under his skin.

Banter. You gotta love it. :D

Yes, we love the banter....;)

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Big result. 1 Nil to The Arsenal. A clean sheet away from home and a late late winner. How bloody superb. Theo & AA were disappointing at best and but hey not in the mood to focus on the negatives-a big big result at a tough tough venue.

Well done Arsenal.

We controlled the 2nd half without really looking like we were going to score but Oh My what a time to score!

Arsenal Quotes

When I first came to Arsenal, I realised the back four were all university graduates in the art of defending. As for Tony Adams, I consider him to be a doctor of defence. He is simply outstanding.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom