<

UEL QF 1st Leg: Arsenal v SSC Napoli | April 11, 2019 20:00 BST | BT Sport

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by Rex Banter, Apr 8, 2019.

?

What will be the result after the first leg?

Poll closed Apr 12, 2019.
  1. Arsenal win

62.7%
  2. Goal less draw

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Score draw

23.5%
  4. Napoli win

13.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Him Chambers mkhi if we get good offers we should sell. Iwobi got his chances thete no improvement just another Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

2. Lakersgooner24

Lakersgooner24 Well-Known Member

Three games in a week will be tough for him. Reckon we'll have to rest him for one of them, tough choice for Emery, will depend on which competition he prioritizes. Think he'll sit out Watford (edit: probably not, forgot that Sokratis is suspended for both Watford and Palace).

Don't quote me on this, but I think read somewhere that the only chance a team in the top 4 misses out on CL is if teams ending up outside of the top 4 win the CL and EL, then the 4th placed team in the league becomes the odd man out. Could very well be wrong though.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
  3. <<reed>>

<<reed>> Meme Merchant

battered them, could have scored 2-3 more, one of the best performances of the season

4. Mo Britain

Mo Britain Doom Monger

Kos should have sat this one out. He has to play Sunday because Sokratis is suspended. And then how can he be left out of the away game at Napoli?

5. gunner4lyfe

gunner4lyfe Well-Known Member

We missed a lot of chances and gave them too many. Need to do better

6. Lakersgooner24

Lakersgooner24 Well-Known Member

Hmm, forgot about Sokratis suspension. Then yea, will be tough for Kos to play in Naples. In that case I agree, Emery should have rested him tonight.

7. pigge

pigge Wishes Wrestling Fans Liked Him

Great result. Looked good for real too. Unreal difference from last game. bit sharper finishing and we could have trashed them.

8. Toby Andrl

Toby Andrl Part Time Stuttgart Fan Trusted

Think Chelsea and Valencia are pretty sure. Napoli away will be a tough one and the wasted chances might come back to haunt us, although right now I believe we will go through. Also wouldn't put it past beyond Frankfurt to win 3-1 at home with their firepower and home support or at least make it a very tight match.

yousif_arsenal likes this.
  9. lamby22

lamby22 It's Not Lupus

Watford is on Monday. Awful scheduling.

10. yousif_arsenal

I think a goal at napoli should be enough as we aren't conceding 4 goals there.

Jackie_Treehorn and Toby Andrl like this.
  11. yousif_arsenal

Are you serious? Another poverty Monday game the fa really not helping English teams much in Europe

12. HBL

HBL Well-Known Member

What a performance, could've been 4 or 5 quite easily. Every player was good tonight!

Cech - 7
    AMN - 8
    Sokratis - 8
    Kosc - 9
    Monreal - 7
    Kolasinac - 7
    Ramsey - 9
    Torreira - 9
    Özil - 8
    Auba - 7
    Laca - 7

Sapient Hawk and Dregen57 like this.
  13. lamby22

lamby22 It's Not Lupus

Monday 8pm. It’s shocking really.

14. PoleInGoal

PoleInGoal Well-Known Member

Either way if they put it on Sunday we have only 3 days break before the Watford game, no-win situation

15. MLK79

MLK79 Well-Known Member

The problem with that is this match is the only thing they have to look forward to for the rest of the season. Serie A is done, they're out of the Coppa, they basically have Champions League for next season secured. All they can really fight for is the Europa League.

16. Toby Andrl

Toby Andrl Part Time Stuttgart Fan Trusted

Then let's hope Ramsey is fit for that game in case Auba/Laca have another stinker like tonight! But I'm basically with you. It will definitely be a very tough away match, but one goal should be in it. Ancelotti also is way past it, but the German commentators said Napoli are pretty good at home this season as well.

yousif_arsenal likes this.
  17. MLK79

MLK79 Well-Known Member

Don't even think like that. The only way that happens is if United win the CL while finishing 6th, us winning the EL while finishing 5th and the formerly homeless bastards finish 4th.

18. Tourbillion

Tourbillion Angry 24/7

Monreal and Kolasinac 6. 7 is generous to the strikers too.

19. YeahBee

YeahBee Terrible hot takes

What did Kola do wrong?
    Monreal was caught on the break several times

20. Sapient Hawk

Sapient Hawk The Reason We're Out of Europe

Proud of the lads with that display. Yet more diabolical scheduling by the FA. A match Monday evening at Vicarage Road knowing we play in Italy on Thursday :mad: Absolute cretins the lot of them.

Its good to have Torreira back, feels like a century passed since he last took to the pitch :lol:

We have a good lead to take to the San Paolo, play like we did & invite them on then sink them on the counter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.