• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

United V Arsenal [Sat 16 May; 12:45]

the dawn raids

Established Member
Tony Montana said:
We just don't have enough intelligence in the final third.

its about numbers more than intelligence. even when someone breaks he looks up and we have at most two players in the box. what half decent team isnt going to snuff that out with ease?

henry79

kel varnsen said:
wenger's tactical decisions are once again way off. unless arshavin and nasri were absolutely knackered, the decisions to bring the two off was wrong. if he wanted walcott and/or bendtner on, the obvious choices would have been van persie and diaby. definately not nasri, who played very well.

the only thing his substitutions accomplished, was to remove our possession dominance. f****g wenger...

agree with you I wanted him to bring bendtner on for rvp who was sh*t and remove diaby was is his purose in the team its like we have to have a place for him wenger clearly doesnt think he is an CM so he puts him in attack why :roll:

why remove you 2 best players, nasri was good and arshavin can pull somehting out of the hat he was the only one who was diong somthing in thr first half why bring on walcott I dont rate the guy he is overated by some arsenal fans he cannot pass to save his life. on top of that he makes a meaningless substitutio0n by bringing on eboue for gibbs :roll:

surley he wants to win the game

and for people who say we were good we outpolayed manu , manu were not bothered if they wanted to win the game they would have there is no doubt about it they knew a draw was fine and so they were playing within them selves.

our team needs fixing we will not win the EPL playing like this no matter what wenger says.it pains me to say this but this manchester united team are a class above us, look at the way they played under pressure I dont think we would have performed like that with this team if it was the other way round.

Unforgiven

Established Member
It was a good performance by us, overall we were just as good or even better. However playing RVP upfront means that we would never score. Wenger thinks that against United if you play 1 striker you will win the game, you won't. You can easily dominate possession like we did but you will not be able to score.

The ref was appalling, yellow card to literally every player on our team.

Ronaldo is a disgrace to the game, I have never seen someone dive that much, greasy ****.

True Gooner

Established Member
Arshavin was invisible in the second half, you could see why he was taken off.

Dunno why Nasri went off though, he was our best attacking player today.

algunner

Wenger didn't want to loose nor win. He wanted a good performance especially defensively and he got one. Wenger didn't care about offense he knows he can do it but defensively is what he wanted and got a good performance. bringing Bentdner and Walcott was just for the purpose of experience to the young lads didn't want to win because frankly you would want ManUtd to win not Liverpool in that way you could say hey everyone failed ....was not only Arsenal. We got a lot of work to do defensively if we are to seriously win any trophies. Considering how cheap goals we have conceded at crucial matches against Chelsea, Liverpool and ManUtd is shocking but hey we never good our full defensive lineup when it mattered most.

Biggus

Established Member
True Gooner said:
Arshavin was invisible in the second half, you could see why he was taken off.

Dunno why Nasri went off though, he was our best attacking player today.

He was probably being saved for Stoke.

True Gooner

Established Member
the dawn raids said:
Tony Montana said:

its about numbers more than intelligence. even when someone breaks he looks up and we have at most two players in the box. what half decent team isnt going to snuff that out with ease?

Excellent point.

Tony Montana

Established Member
the dawn raids said:
Tony Montana said:

And it's also about movement (which I guess links to numbers in the box).

There's not enough quick thinking and movement in the box. We literally have to have an open goal to score against United. For all our possession, United had almost as many attempts on goal. Their chances were no less clear cut.

It should be one, two, three.........BANG.

Biggus

Established Member
True Gooner said:
the dawn raids said:
Tony Montana said:

Excellent point.

Agreed, football is not about intelligence and technique, it's about guts and desire to win.

Tony Montana

Established Member
Biggus said:
Agreed, football is not about intelligence and technique, it's about guts and desire to win.

You have to have some sort of technique, intelligence, stamina and strength to win the league title. You won't win it otherwise.

Today we had the desire to win (the players anyway) but they lacked some of the above.

Biggus

Established Member
Tony Montana said:
Biggus said:

You have to have some sort of technique, intelligence, stamina and strength to win the league title. You won't win it otherwise.

Off course Tony, but all the players at top clubs have a similar level skill technique. How it is employed and deployed is the difference between champions and perennial also rans like us.

progman07

Established Member
Big Poppa said:
Song,Gibbs, Diaby and Denilson all did very well, but it saddens me that we need to play without two strikers because all of our central midfielders are 'half a player' in the defensive sense. It means that forallour probing, there are not enough passing options in attack for us to be any real threat. A powerful, central midfielder and centre back in the Summer are a must.
Your obsession with Diaby is over-the-top. He was one of the worst, invisible, no movement, while his job would have been to make runs and create chances.

Tony Montana

Established Member
Biggus said:
Tony Montana said:
Biggus said:

Off course Tony, but all the players at top clubs have a similar level skill technique. How it is employed and deployed is the difference between champions and perennial also rans like us.

Man for man, possibly, but even there I tend to disagree.

As a team, all the top 3 know what they're doing more often than we are. We are poor in defence, but even our attack is toothless when it really matters. We are missing something, and it's not just guts and desire.

Numbers, movement, intelligence, strength are all big factors for me.

True Gooner

Established Member
I'm still not too worried about us going forward, I think it's matter of Wenger finding the right formation and the best position for some of the players we have here. Also, confidence and players hitting form plays a huge role as well.

progman07

Established Member
the dawn raids said:
Tony Montana said:

So it's about the lack of intelligence to make runs into the final third... Almost the same.

Tony Montana

Established Member
progman07 said:
the dawn raids said:
Tony Montana said:

So it's about the lack of intelligence to make runs into the final third... Almost the same.

Yeah, that's exactly what i'm saying. Maybe intelligence is the wrong word.

Biggus

Established Member
Tony Montana said:
Man for man, possibly, but even there I tend to disagree.

As a team, all the top 3 know what they're doing more often than we are. We are poor in defence, but even our attack is toothless when it really matters. We are missing something, and it's not just guts and desire.

Numbers, movement, intelligence, strength are all big factors for me.

You'd be amazed how guts & desire help at the schwerpunkt of a game. :wink:

Arsenal Quotes

The match will be shown on Match of the Day later this evening and if you don't want to know the result look away now as we show you Tony Adams lifting the cup for Arsenal.

Steve Rider
Top Bottom