• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

United V Arsenal [Sat 16 May; 12:45]

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Song,Gibbs, Diaby and Denilson all did very well, but it saddens me that we need to play without two strikers because all of our central midfielders are 'half a player' in the defensive sense. It means that forallour probing, there are not enough passing options in attack for us to be any real threat. A powerful, central midfielder and centre back in the Summer are a must.

True Gooner

Established Member
ibby said:
WTF?!? Proud because we played half decent against a United team obviously playing for a draw?

Not really, they were forced to play for the draw

I thought we were good enough on the day, we were always going to struggle to get shots away with van Persie up against the United backline

kel varnsen

Established Member
diaby? he played well for about 20 mins and then disappeared almost completely. typical diaby performance; optimistic start, then fades into oblivion...

OneProudGooner

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
diaby? he played well for about 20 mins and then disappeared almost completely. typical diaby performance; optimistic start, then fades into oblivion...

Diaby's attempted backheel pass in the second half that went straight to a United player epitomised what an awful player he is..

qs

Established Member
Proud of what? To dominate possession? The pressure was completely off us, United were very poor. Ronaldo and Rooney were anonymous. Fair enough we seen some of our players play well but we drew and have nothing to cheer about, they drew and won the league. Its a professional performance from them and safe one from us. Wenger is happy not to be beaten but I'd rather have lost trying to win than that. Once again the tactics were awful and there were players out these who didn't deserve to be.

Webdesignlab

Established Member
True Gooner said:
ibby said:
WTF?!? Proud because we played half decent against a United team obviously playing for a draw?

Not really, they were forced to play for the draw

I thought we were good enough on the day, we were always going to struggle to get shots away with van Persie up against the United backline

Hmm. It's funny how different people see different things.

We looked OK, because they were not clouting us in MF as per a must win game. We did get a clean sheet, so fair play to the guys for that.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Yep the decision to take off Arshavin and leave Diaby on was strange to say the least.

Thought the back 4, Denilson and Cesc all had good games.

Anyone else seriously dislike Anderson? Seems very arrogant to me - another one of these players just happy to be there picking up the trophies but contributing little.

lagos

Established Member
go49oner said:
Proud of our lads today, I thought they were excellent today. Just shame we couldn't play like this in CL semis.

Also Congratulation to The Cheating scambags. Fair play to 'em.

that's like saying teams are scared of us because we had a mini unbeaten run against mostly **** teams - the 1st time we came up against any meaningful team we buckled and we've been bucking against big teams ever since.

it's hard to take anything from it because Manu we're playing in 3rd gear all game

thegame24

Established Member
Again i must say, toure is the dumbest player we have with eboue.

He hasnt got a clue what hes doing sometimes

Anzac

Established Member
I'm torn over the performance. We out played them on the day (I think they choked as much as anything) - shows how fragile ManU were for much of the season. By the same token despite our possession & territory we couldn't score & didn't really cause VDS any major problems - sounds so familiar.

Toure makes poor decisions as CB - his game is based upon his physical attributes as opposed to any real defensive qualities.

Can anyone explain to me the purpose of our double substitution of AA & Nasri for Theo & Bendtner - particularly when we kept the same shape? I fail to see any positive outcomes.

If anyone chooses to use this performance as reason to say we are on the right track, then either share the drugs or I can recommend a good Dr that will help with your problem.

Tony Montana

Established Member
qs said:
Proud of what? To dominate possession? The pressure was completely off us, United were very poor. Ronaldo and Rooney were anonymous. Fair enough we seen some of our players play well but we drew and have nothing to cheer about, they drew and won the league. Its a professional performance from them and safe one from us. Wenger is happy not to be beaten but I'd rather have lost trying to win than that. Once again the tactics were awful and there were players out these who didn't deserve to be.

Agree completely here.

We just don't have enough intelligence in the final third. Van Persie shot when he should have crossed to Toure for him to head home. 1-0 to us, game over. In general he's far too slow.

Fabregas hit the post at the end but he's supposed to shoot across the keeper. If it hadn't had hit the post VDS had it covered.

We just don't know how to break teams downs like the top 3.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
disappointed that we didn't take more risk.. and what was Wenger thinking taking off Nasri and Arshavin instead of Diaby and RVP? weird decision..

and how many times did Sagna stop his runs? frustrating to see that potential chances gets wasted because Sagna isn't reading the play well enough, same goes for Diaby.. Denilson, Song, Toure were very good..

-vapour-

Bahhhh. Not an awful performance by any means, we prevented them from having any shots on target. But attacking wise, one player up front just doesn't work, and walcott on the left just disappears too, granted he wasn't working much space but no one was really looking for him even when he did.

Most annoying thing is the draw means them ****s won the league, and anyone who says fair play to them really needs to get it straight, UNITED ARE ****!!

Biggus

Established Member
qs said:
A_Gooner_Matata said:
qs said:
Wenger really is driving me mad these days. Why not just go for the win?

That Fabregas effort sneaks inside the post and it's just about as professional a performance as possible.

:lol: Thats great. In imaginary land we are champions, huzzah!

:lol: We only lost by 4 points last season don't ya'know.

Arsenal Quotes

Have Tottenham closed the gap on Arsenal?
Last time I checked they were still 4 miles and 11 titles away

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom