• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger: Trust me in this summer's transfer market

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow Moses

Established Member
dreamLord said:
He never comes out with comments like these before the season - others like 'We have a great squad' 'This team has matured' 'We're looking at some players' etc etc yes, but not 'trust me'. He knows his time is short, i'm actually trusting Wenger to make the correct decisions this time.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/i-have-money-and-i-will-buy-insists-wenger" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... sts-wenger</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/dec/01/Arsène-wenger-buy-striker-january" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009 ... er-january</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/we-will-buy-a-powerful-centrehalf-says-wenger-822722.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 22722.html</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

30 sec of searching google. Empty promises

The independent link is the best though because brought in Silvestre :lol:

kooldawg

Established Member
dreamLord said:
He never comes out with comments like these before the season - others like 'We have a great squad' 'This team has matured' 'We're looking at some players' etc etc yes, but not 'trust me'. He knows his time is short, i'm actually trusting Wenger to make the correct decisions this time.

Can't believe there are still people who still believe this!!

kel varnsen

Established Member
Clrnc said:
Make it 3? Almunia, Silvestre, Eduardo?

sure that article is from this year? sounds like something he could have said last year. and the year before that. and the year before that...

nidza7

Established Member
never trust Wenger, he`s such a liar.

"Fans will be assured" actuals quotes before Euro 2008

thegame24

Established Member
First of all we need a takeover. Cant go into next season with new ownership talk.

Get it done and dusted now, go and spend 200 million if we have too.

**** the stadium, we will never be in a troubled position financially when we have 60k going to watch **** like this paying the highest prices in europe.

AFCG7

Established Member
I dont trust him to do the right thing i.e fix the teams problems - personnel , training , fitness , psychology.
He must understand it cannot be more of the same anymore. The experiment has failed - the table proves it beyong doubt , we are only 3rd because Liverpool had a chocking season - 11 points off the top is not an improvement.

James

Established Member
Lord Dula said:
Will be interesting to hear his post match comments.

We need reassuring
Well, he doesn't faul Fabianski today, so we'll probably still see him next season.

dreamLord

Established Member
Trust....I think he has to earn it again, and i'm afraid he's out of time. And he'll earn it only by signing me some players.

Eirico

I trust Wenger do strenghten the team and bring in at least 3 quality players in the summer. If he don't, my faith in him is gone. This is his last chance.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
James said:
Lord Dula said:
Will be interesting to hear his post match comments.

We need reassuring
Well, he doesn't faul Fabianski today, so we'll probably still see him next season.
wtf_trollcat.jpg

thegame24

Established Member
3 aint enough, we need a chelsea/man city type summer to be completly reassured.

We cant be sacrificing cups, therefore, we need a bigger squad.

Eirico

thegame24 said:
3 aint enough, we need a chelsea/man city type summer to be completly reassured.

We cant be sacrificing cups, therefore, we need a bigger squad.

True, the sacrificing of the FA cup should never happen again. In the carling cup however, Wenger will always play the kids no mather what.

thegame24

Established Member
I dont mind it in carling cup but in FA cup i want to see our best 11 like we used to when it felt like we won it every year.

We need 5 big players to do this.

I went to ****ing stoke this year to watch us and it pisses me off when i lose money wathcing them yet they dont care, shower of **** we have playing for us.

P_Gunner

At the start of the season I would get angry whenever our GK would mess up a game for us. Ever since Birmingham though that anger is gone. The only thing I can do is sit in amazement and give a little chuckle. Our goalkeeping situation is laughable. Wenger needs to start wearing his glasses again if he can't see whats wrong with this team.

KY

Established Member
It's hard to trust him when he goes and say our midfield and goalkeeping are ok when they're clearly not. And to be honest, the more I think about it, I wouldn't blame him. Managers need to be ruthless and Wenger clearly isn't. From the way all the players talk about him as a "father figure", Wenger clearly builds a close relationship with his players. And as a father, the hardest thing to do is to admit that your children isn't good enough, much less kick them out and replace them. WHen everyone clearly thinks that his goalkeeping situation isn't good enough and he still doesn't believe it, then something is wrong.

From this point of view, I think it's time to replace Wenger as manager of the team with someone more ruthless who can clear out the garbage and replace them with quality. But if we do that, I hope we can still keep Wenger in some capacity, like club advisor or player manager or director of football or something like that. He's still quite valuable to us, just not as a manager anymore.

McIntyre

Established Member
Last transfer window, we signed Vermaelen early in the window and I thought "Here we go. Arsène's gonna deal with our squad issues!".

Then that was it.

I trust Arsène to sign the right players... I just don't trust him to sign enough of them.

We need a keeper (or two). At least one centre-back. Some midfield cover (never gonna happen because he LOVES Denilson :x ). And maybe even something up front (even with Chamakh coming in).

What I imagine will arrive is a centre back. Maybe a keeper. That is all.

And we'll struggle.

Please Arsène, provide this squad with the determination and experience to take us to the next level!

kooldawg

Established Member
McIntyre said:
Last transfer window, we signed Vermaelen early in the window and I thought "Here we go. Arsène's gonna deal with our squad issues!".

Then that was it.

I trust Arsène to sign the right players... I just don't trust him to sign enough of them.

We need a keeper (or two). At least one centre-back. Some midfield cover (never gonna happen because he LOVES Denilson :x ). And maybe even something up front (even with Chamakh coming in).

What I imagine will arrive is a centre back. Maybe a keeper. That is all.

And we'll struggle.

Please Arsène, provide this squad with the determination and experience to take us to the next level!

He likes players like Denilson because they have average talent and don't demand a lot of wages, why do you think he harps on about how our wages are actually lower than half the league when we make more money than most of the league. The problem has been laid bare, apart from RvP and Cesc and a few others there is no passion, no skill, and no mental strength in the squad. Don't think that Wenger will break the bank this season at all, Chamakh is in on a free, will probably take average wages. Additionally, we might and i stress the word might, purchase a CB but only if Gallas decides he doesn't wanna be around here any longer. We would have started the season having spent way little money while at the same time trimming the wage budget some more. Seems like its clear where Wenger's priorities lie, he spends too much time on the financial side of things while trying to do the impossible with a average side built on getting the cheapest players possible to do the job.

dyeruz

Established Member
I see people saying the carling cup doesnt matter of course it matters Arsenal football club is not fostering a winning mentality by prioritizing competitions when we all have equal chances of winning them. What is needed this summer is quality not potential, Wenger knows the fans wont put up with another season of nothing and no progression, this off season will be interesting to see whom he brings in..very interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If you love football, you love Tomáš Rosický

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom