• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

What premiership player would you want at Arsenal...

Lord Dula

Established Member
From the Prem I'd have Terry, Gerrard and the Roon

If we're talking world footy I'd sneak in Nesta, Emerson and Shevman

Ste M

Ste M said:
Mark said:
Yes I've picked Alonso over Gerrard, believe it or not. Part of me has done it just to be different :p , but I really do rate the guy. Absolutely superb passer. It's his first season so he's perhaps a bit consistent and still getting used to the English game, but he is going to be an excellent Premiership player. Doesn't have the energy levels of Gerrard, but he's probably more talented. We probably don't need him as we have Fabregas who is a similar player, but midfield playmakers like them and Xavi, Pirlo etc. are the kind of players I really like.

Good post.

You only have to look round the Liverpool boards to see how highly he is already rated due to his ability and attitude. He's been first rate so far, and I've not seen a player at Anfield since Big Jan, pass the ball like he does. He can pass it 50 yards with his left foot, as well as he can kock it 5 yards square with his right. And most importantly he barely ever gives it away.

I think the biggest thing about him though is his attitude. He's said all the right things so far, and according to insiders, he absolutely loves the club. He wants to go on and be a success here, and did a recent interview basically telling Stevie Gerrard to have more patience as he will be rewarded soon enough. He can see Rafa is doing the business and will make us great again.

He'd be a worthy successor as captain should Gerrard's patience fail and decide he wants to move to London or Madrid.

Looks like we were both right about Xabi, he wasabsolutely tremendous today alongside Stevie. They gave Dyer and Jenas an utter lesson in controlling a game today.

Asterix

Established Member
Terry - gives us the best English central defence combinatino
Gerrard - either partners with Vieira or replaces him if he goes to Madrid (which I don't think he will)
Defoe - partners Henry and pisses off the Spuds

Actually I think van Nistelrooy would be the perfect type of player to partner Henry but he's such a d*ckhead that he wouldn't be welcome at our club by anyone, least of all the manager!

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
This is probably the Aussie in me talking, but Harry Kewell is one. He's getting some confidence back in his game and if he's playing the way he did for Leeds, which I think he'll be doing for Liverpool sometime this season, then I'd definately want him on our team. He's pure class!

John Terry is a must. He'd learn so much from Sol, and we could use his aerial superiority in both defence and attack.

Antii Niemi in the goal. He's such a gun. Tottenham would've slammed Southampton by far more than 5-1 if he wasnt in the goal. Green from Norwich is another talent, and at only 24-years of age, should be one for the future.

Biggus

Established Member
Actually I think van Nistelrooy would be the perfect type of player to partner Henry but he's such a d*ckhead that he wouldn't be welcome at our club by anyone, least of all the manager!

I know Spinksy....I was only half joking, love and hate are opposite sides of the same coin :shock:

skart14

This is probably the Aussie in me talking, but Harry Kewell is one. He's getting some confidence back in his game and if he's playing the way he did for Leeds, which I think he'll be doing for Liverpool sometime this season, then I'd definately want him on our team. He's pure class!

I'm sorry mate but that is 'kin hilarious....harry kewell.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
skart14 said:

I'm sorry mate but that is 'kin hilarious....harry kewell.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, I figured I'd get that response! :lol:

A

Anonymous

Of course this means players we dont already have. So if i have to pick an attacker, midfielder and defender i would have:

rooney (scumbag but great potential and maybe if he was at arsenal i wouldnt hate him so much)

gerrard

rio

If though i could pick any 3 in any position to come to us in jan i would have:

niemi, rio, gerrard.

Allyboy

Established Member
I would never want Rooney at Arsenal, personally I think he is overhyped, sure hes clearly very talented but he is only glorified by the press because he is English.

I can see him on the scrapheap in 5 years time, I am not saying it will definitely happen but he seems such an inherient scumbag I can see him going off the rails.

He also strikes me as very ungrateful, he is lucky enough to be born with a talent that millions of the people in the country would die for yet he conducts himself in a manner which is fundementally lacking in class. Im not saying all footballers should be posh or anything, im all for people like Rio Ferdinand who have come from a poorer background making it as footballers. But Rooney is a young England player and thus should be setting an example to kids who aspire to be like him. The fact is players like Owen, Beckham (prior to meeting Posh that is) and Shearer were fantastic role models at the same point in their careers, whereas he wants to act like a thug and a lout.

Anyway rant over! :wink:

I do not think I would want any Man U player at Arsenal too be honest, they just all fill me with loathing, no matter how talented some of them are. If I had to have to one it would be Ronaldo but even that would be stretching it somewhat!

Sammer

Established Member
Allyboy said:
I would never want Rooney at Arsenal, personally I think he is overhyped, sure hes clearly very talented but he is only glorified by the press because he is English.

I can see him on the scrapheap in 5 years time, I am not saying it will definitely happen but he seems such an inherient scumbag I can see him going off the rails.

He also strikes me as very ungrateful, he is lucky enough to be born with a talent that millions of the people in the country would die for yet he conducts himself in a manner which is fundementally lacking in class. Im not saying all footballers should be posh or anything, im all for people like Rio Ferdinand who have come from a poorer background making it as footballers. But Rooney is a young England player and thus should be setting an example to kids who aspire to be like him. The fact is players like Owen, Beckham (prior to meeting Posh that is) and Shearer were fantastic role models at the same point in their careers, whereas he wants to act like a thug and a lout.

I do not think I would want any Man U player at Arsenal too be honest, they just all fill me with loathing, no matter how talented some of them are. If I had to have to one it would be Ronaldo but even that would be stretching it somewhat!

Same here, Rooney would be one of the last players I´d like to see at Arsenal. Other than that:

-Cech
-Forssell
-Duff

A

Anonymous

Allyboy said:

Interesting post. But let's look at it this way.
Just because a player is overhyped by his country's media, how is that his fault and why should that play a factor in him beiing at Arsenal or not. If he has the talent, which i don't think there is any question about, why not?
2ndly as you are talking about the whole atittude thing, why might you not think that Wenger won't be able to sort it all out?

skart14

2ndly as you are talking about the whole atittude thing, why might you not think that Wenger won't be able to sort it all out?

Wenger is good , but he is not god... :wink:

sabret00the

Established Member
can't beleive people were mentioning Ruud in this thread. he's a generic poster thus anyone could do what he does given enough practice, sadly we don't play the type of football in which that would ever work.

Ste M

Hmmmm, a vote for Harry Kewell.

Well, he started brightly last season, 8 in 12 I think it was, then he tailed off, and until he scored against Villa the other week, he hadn't scored for 9 months. He ranged from poor to awful in that time, and very few Liverpool fans wanted him anywhere near the team. Just for the record, I wasn't one of them.

However, I'm not sure what's happened, maybe it was because were were playing you and he loves playing against you, maybe it was something else, I don't know. BUt whatever it was, he's come alive. He's put 6 consecutive peformances in that have ranged from good to brilliant, and he's finally looking like the Harry Kewell at Leeds.

Don't forget, Arsenal were linked with him when he signed for us, and I'm sure that if he became available again, Arsène would be interested.

Arsenal Quotes

To all the Arsenal lovers:
Take care of the values of the club. My love and support forever.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom