• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Who are the great managers of the modern game, and why

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Arteta seems more or less in line with where Ancelotti was at at four years into his career
We could of hired Champion of Europe Ancellotti. We are not truck driving school for managers don’t give a crap he is a young manager

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
Is he really top top level? Beside Madrid. As far as I remember, his league records aren’t anything super impressive.
Just claiming that we would have won the league with him seems a bit of a merchant statement to me (referring to Farz here , not you)

Yeah man Carlo is class. He’s exceptional at getting the best out of a given group of players. He’s tactically flexible and the fact that he’s still a dominant force given all the change that’s happened is testament to his ability to adapt and evolve. I think you’re forgetting his AC Milan spell? He also won the league with Chelsea…

He is top drawer. But yeah no, we would not have won the league with him last season. Not even close.

People have very short memories. At the start of last season hardly anyone had us in top 4 let alone challenging the way we did. That was the expectation on us given the squad we had. Carlo I think could have got us into top 4.

It was Mikel’s tactics that turned the league on its head and gave us that mind blowing start to the season. Then a combination of said tactics getting figured out and injuries and yes, a certain amount of naïveté from a young manager and a younger squad that meant we missed out.

What we need to right those wrongs are chiefly more flexibility, both in terms of personnel and tactics. And that’s what we’re seeing now. What it does mean though is that we’re not gonna be that same force of nature from the start of last season, because that force got blunted by the end. A lot of people won’t be comfortable with this but will just have to see if it means we’re better over a course of a full season.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
He won at AC Milan to he has won everywhere, Mik has not won big trophies anywhere. So his 2 CL in Milan don’t count either when they were kings of Italy and Europe in early 2000s. Oh yeah Mik’s 2nd place is so big it outweighs multiple Cls

Mikel is also four years into his career

UpTheGunnerz

Yeah man Carlo is class. He’s exceptional at getting the best out of a given group of players. He’s tactically flexible and the fact that he’s still a dominant force given all the change that’s happened is testament to his ability to adapt and evolve. I think you’re forgetting his AC Milan spell? He also won the league with Chelsea…

He is top drawer. But yeah no, we would not have won the league with him last season. Not even close.

People have very short memories. At the start of last season hardly anyone had us in top 4 let alone challenging the way we did. That was the expectation on us given the squad we had. Carlo I think could have got us into top 4.

It was Mikel’s tactics that turned the league on its head and gave us that mind blowing start to the season. Then a combination of said tactics getting figured out and injuries and yes, a certain amount of naïveté from a young manager and a younger squad that meant we missed out.

What we need to right those wrongs are chiefly more flexibility, both in terms of personnel and tactics. And that’s what we’re seeing now. What it does mean though is that we’re not gonna be that same force of nature from the start of last season, because that force got blunted by the end. A lot of people won’t be comfortable with this but will just have to see if it means we’re better over a course of a full season.

Ac Milan and Chelsea feels like eons ago, but fair enough. Outside of Real Madrid the recent decade, I’m not overly impressed. And don’t think his management style would’ve translated anyway close to a title winning team with our squad

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

No go tell someone who is scared of you to shut up. Just because you are too dumb to see through this PR and Chequebook manager the rest of us aren’t. Now Ancellotti doesn’t measure up to Mik, you should of shut the F up before that last post destroyed all credibility

Not all points are black and white man, fgs.

Me saying Carlo wouldn’t have won the league last year is not the same as me saying he’s not better than Mik. Carlo is, at this moment in time, clear.

But different problems require different solutions. Arsenal’s problems required, in my opinion, a pretty thorough overhaul of the culture. Ancelotti is not that guy. He doesn’t leave lasting legacies in terms of culture. What he does is stuff your trophy cabinet though.

He’d 💯 be my pick for Arsenal manager if we were looking in a couple of years for example.

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

Ac Milan and Chelsea feels like eons ago, but fair enough. Outside of Real Madrid the recent decade

This is exactly what makes him impressive right. Football has undergone a paradigm change since he was at AC and yet here he is, still standing, still relevant and still admired and respected.

That’s not easy.

UpTheGunnerz

No go tell someone who is scared of you to shut up. Just because you are too dumb to see through this PR and Chequebook manager the rest of us aren’t. Now Ancellotti doesn’t measure up to Mik, you should of shut the F up before that last post destroyed all credibility

“The rest of us”

1694635433583.jpeg

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

Yup, came second in Serie A with Parma but Parma were a pretty big deal back then.

Didn't win a trophy til he got to Juve. No CL or league title til AC Milan

Juve didn’t go that well tho did it? Was really AC where he stepped up. And was also where he first showed his ability to be tactically adaptable, with a much more expansive/attacking style of play compared to what he was known for at the time.

Farzad Stoned

Not all points are black and white man, fgs.

Me saying Carlo wouldn’t have won the league last year is not the same as me saying he’s not better than Mik. Carlo is, at this moment in time, clear.

But different problems require different solutions. Arsenal’s problems required, in my opinion, a pretty thorough overhaul of the culture. Ancelotti is not that guy. He doesn’t leave lasting legacies in terms of culture. What he does is stuff your trophy cabinet though.

He’d 💯 be my pick for Arsenal manager if we were looking in a couple of years for example.

Silly corporate double talk. I said a real elite manager like Ancellotti wouldn’t of bottled it last year. You then slagged Carlo in favor of Mik. The rest of your post is waffling and nonsense

blaze_of_glory

Juve didn’t go that well tho did it? Was really AC where he stepped up. And was also where he first showed his ability to be tactically adaptable, with a much more expansive/attacking style of play compared to what he was known for at the time.
Intertoto Cup with Juve but yeah he didn't really become Don Carlo til Milan

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

Silly corporate double talk. I said a real elite manager like Ancellotti wouldn’t of bottled it last year. You then slagged Carlo in favor of Mik. The rest of your post is waffling and nonsense

I’m going to stop responding to your jibberish now. I gave you a chance to debate like an adult but you missed the bar. You can carry on frothing all you want, I suspect you need the release…

UpTheGunnerz

The guy looks like a nerd with a micropenis; so if that is the rest of your team that is coming to get me; well consider me less than scared

Noone is coming for you, just calling you out on your waffle. On Sunday we will cook Everton three nil and you will babble on about ancelotti would have won it four nil.

Farzad Stoned

I’m going to stop responding to your jibberish now. I gave you a chance to debate like an adult but you missed the bar. You can carry on frothing all you want, I suspect you need the release…
It is the facts, i said Ancelotti wouldn’t of choked last year, and in a rush to defend Mik you slagged Ancelotti in favor of Pep’s dumbest coffee boy. When credibility goes it rarely comes back. Then you tried to waffle by saying Mik was superior choice to Don Carlo under the circumstances. All i hear is nonsense and waffle at that point

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
The best thing about Ancelotti is his tactical flexibility and his ability to manage and massage the egos of top players.

He is great but he wouldn't have been the guy to take over from Emery in hindsight ( though I wanted him at the time)

He's not a rebuilder or the main man at the club. He's an important cog in the machinery.

Great manager and likeable personality though and in 90% of circumstances you'd take him over Arteta, just not the project we had going. Ancelotti isn't the guy if you want to rip things apart and build up fresh.

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

It is the facts, i said Ancelotti wouldn’t of choked last year, and in a rush to defend Mik you slagged Ancelotti in favor of Pep’s dumbest coffee boy. When credibility goes it rarely comes back. Then you tried to waffle by saying Mik was superior choice to Don Carlo under the circumstances. All i hear is nonsense and waffle at that point

How high are you?

I didn’t say Ancelotti wouldn’t have choked, I said he wouldn’t have won the league.

Two very different things. Unlike you I don’t think of history as some cheap call girl I can bend to my whim. You cant just pick the end of the season and pretend the rest of it never happened.

Ancelotti wouldn’t have got us into a position where he could have bottled the title. So he wouldn’t have bottled it. And we wouldn’t have won the league.

Do you understand now or do you need me to break it down more?

Arsenal Quotes

When you look at people who are successful, you will find that they aren’t the people who are motivated, but have consistency in their motivation.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom